West Brom vs Newcastle - Sunday 5th December 1:30pm (live on Sky)

Decky

Shola will always give you a rank performance now and then, as he did this week. But there's just as much chance he'll outmuscle West Brom and end up with a couple of goals.

Bearing in mind the alternatives, I would start with Shola and look to bring on Ranger early in the second half if it isn't going well.

It's amazing how much a semi-competent Premiership striker would improve us.

Best, Shola, Ranger and Lovenkrands.

FFS. :lol:

If Carroll gets injured before January we're absolutely fucked. Shola is still probably the best bet to do something positive, embarrassing as that is.

Best, Ranger, 4-5-1.

No more Shola.

Don't you remember why we switched to 4-4-2 in the first place?

To win games at home.

It worked.

It was because Carroll was isolated, and Nolan didn't have the pace to plug the gap between midfield and attack.

Switching back to 4-5-1 would leave us straight back at square one, and we'd struggle to create chances both home and away and thus struggle to get points.

Ameobi hasn't exactly set the team alight since he was brought into the side against Man City, but his very presence is giving Carroll some support and giving the wingers something to aim for. Even Nolan has benefited from having two players up top for him to feed off the scraps.

I wouldn't go changing because the replacements suggested (Best, Ranger) would arguably have no greater effect.

Krul

Simpson

Taylor

Campbell

Enrique

Barton

Nolan

Tiote

Jonas

Ameobi

Carroll

3-1 to us, Carroll to score two, two headers from two Barton set peices, Enrique to score a wonder goal from 35 yards, brunt to get one back for them.

Just watched the highlights of our FA Cup game against this lot last season, I remember us being robbed but Christ it was worse than I thought.

Their 2 pens were the softest I've ever seen, Raylor getting sent off for one of them, their first goal arguably didn't cross the line and we also had a stonewall penalty turned down. Didn't really know where to put this but watching the highlights of it got me really angry so I had to post it somewhere.  :lol:

2 quality strikes by Carroll. :smug:

It's amazing how much a semi-competent Premiership striker would improve us.

Best, Shola, Ranger and Lovenkrands.

FFS. :lol:

If Carroll gets injured before January we're absolutely fucked. Shola is still probably the best bet to do something positive, embarrassing as that is.

Not as badly as if he gets injured just after january.

Just watched the highlights of our FA Cup game against this lot last season, I remember us being robbed but Christ it was worse than I thought.

Their 2 pens were the softest I've ever seen, Raylor getting sent off for one of them, their first goal arguably didn't cross the line and we also had a stonewall penalty turned down. Didn't really know where to put this but watching the highlights of it got me really angry so I had to post it somewhere.  :lol:

Aye, I remember the Real Radio commentators saying it was the worst refereeing display they'd ever seen.

2 quality strikes by Carroll. :smug:

I forgot how good they were tbh. :smitten:

He gives you rank performances in 3 out of 4 games, if not more.

Let's meet in the middle and say half!

No, let's not. He might have given you that 5 years ago, but he's even worse since his 2006-2007 injury problems.