West Brom vs Newcastle - Sunday 5th December 1:30pm (live on Sky)

Decky

Carroll scored 17, Nolan 17, Lovenkrands 13 and Shola 10.

Hardly a miss-firing forward line is it.

If you read my posts you will see that I never denied late season improvement, I remember early season when you were slagging off Ameobi and hoping Best would bring you some goals, I did'nt rate our forwards and we scored one less goal than you, Nolan is a midfield player.

If you read my posts you will see that I never denied late season improvement, I remember early season when you were slagging off Ameobi and hoping Best would bring you some goals, I did'nt rate our forwards and we scored one less goal than you, Nolan is a midfield player.

Huh? Shola started the season really well and nobody expected anything of Best.

I think the main point he was getting at was that our success was built upon the fact we were sound defensively. We won a lot of away games 1-0. Most of the goals were scored at home.

Exactly, talk about rose tinted spectacles.

I can assure you sir no one here has ever slagged off Ameobi or questioned Alan Smith's goalscoring record.

Nolan is far more of a forward than a midfielder.

A good strike record in that division is someone like Kevin Phillips who scored 30 goals in our Championship winning season of 2007/8.

Blimey, I'm hardly slagging anyone off here, I was originally making a point about relative team strengths and weaknesses and how we have moved on. Tetchy lot ar'nt you, must be nerves! ;D

A good strike record in that division is someone like Kevin Phillips who scored 30 goals in our Championship winning season of 2007/8.

Blimey, I'm hardly slagging anyone off here, I was originally making a point about relative team strengths and weaknesses and how we have moved on. Tetchy lot ar'nt you, must be nerves! ;D

For some reason this is the least nervouse Ive felt all season, I really think we'll do you's. Thats just me though.

I pretty much agree with everything but this fella. First half of the season we weren't as clinical as the second half, but Shola was injured for the large parts of the season. If he had been able to stay injury-free I wouldn't be surprised if he had finished the season as our top scorer. He looks brilliant them first few games in front of goal.

He scored 22 that season.

Also, he was far and away your top scorer that season with nobody else getting anywhere near. Ours were spread out between strikers that were rotated.

Not a case of you slaggig anyone off, you're just spouting some very innacurate stuff.

I pretty much agree with everything but this fella. First half of the season we weren't as clinical as the second half, but Shola was injured for the large parts of the season. If he had been able to stay injury-free I wouldn't be surprised if he had finished the season as our top scorer. He looks brilliant them first few games in front of goal.

Accepted, I stand corrected!

He scored 22 that season.

Also, he was far and away your top scorer that season with nobody else getting anywhere near. Ours were spread out between strikers that were rotated.

Not a case of you slaggig anyone off, you're just spouting some very innacurate stuff.

24 from 30 starts actually plus cup goals when we got to an FA cup semi final!

Whats your knowledge on West Brom's team like without Wikipedia!

Guest SuperShola!

krul

simpson       sol         saylor   enrique

routledge   barton      tiote      jonas

carroll     shola

God Yes.

0-6 Man.

krul

simpson       sol         saylor   enrique

routledge   barton      tiote      jonas

carroll     shola

God Yes.

0-6 Man.

Ho Ho Ho!

they have a bit pace and movement which could trouble us but i think it'll come down to centre mids. we have tiote and for me, hopefully barton, they go with dorrans and brunt i think, should be a good match up. we have nothing to fear and are capable of getting something......same goes for them though.

I think we should have too much for them and if we have Barton and Tiote in the middle then we're more than a match for them in the area that should control the way that the game is played.  I just hope that we go with two proper wingers to get at the fullbacks and don't give them space in front of Simpson, I'll go for a 1-2 score-line in our favour.

Hi Toon fans, difficult one to call tomorrow, Carroll has really come on this season and given you a real threat which you lacked last season, our defense is much improved on last year, even though Ollson is out (you know you love him), I'm going to predict a draw, but in truth it could go either way, depends who gets the run and a bit of luck. Nice to see all three promoted teams giving it a go!

:lol: Erm...

I don't get the erm, your success last season was built on strong defence and a robust midfield, not your forward line, Carroll was not the same player and Leon Best was a panicky very average signing at best, we had a weaker defence, a better midfield and a very average forward line as well. Carroll has been excellent for you this season, I doubt many of you thought he would get an England call up last season.

Carroll was excellent for the second half of last season and Lovenkrands scored loads of goals as well.  To say that we have a "threat that we lacked last season" is ridiculous - we blitzed the league in the end and were scoring goals for fun after Christmas.

I love this line :snod: