Sol Campbell

TRon

What a fat shitcunt!  Got to be up there with Luque and Boumsong in the bad signing stakes!  He looked like a pub team player when he was on the pitch and has been a total prick off it. Fuck off back to Laahndahn you fat bent twat.

Thankfully not, he's been a £2m mistake as oppose to a £20m mistake. He's still a massive cunt though.

Campbell’s arrival followed a determined push for the player by former manager Chris Hughton.

Our source added: “Campbell’s arrival and performances were certainly seen as a factor in the decision to part company with Hughton.”

So every other signing he made for us, all of whom did something decent counted for nothing, what a fantastic bunch of cunts.

No. Besides the fact that this is the express, and there are zero attributable quotes, there is, to be fair, a good deal of difference between a 'factor', and 'largely down to'.

Campbell’s arrival followed a determined push for the player by former manager Chris Hughton.

Our source added: “Campbell’s arrival and performances were certainly seen as a factor in the decision to part company with Hughton.”

So every other signing he made for us, all of whom did something decent counted for nothing, what a fantastic bunch of cunts.

No. Besides the fact that this is the express, and there are zero attributable quotes, there is, to be fair, a good deal of difference between a 'factor', and 'largely down to'.

I think the point is that unless you expect a manager to have a 100% track record with transfers, 1 or 2 low cost/free transfers which don't work amongst a fair few transfers which have been decent to good value for money shouldn't even be a negative 'factor', if anything the record for transfers while he was manager (if he had much/any say in it) should have been a reason to keep him.

Will Kuqi be a 'factor' in getting rid of Pardew if he falls out of favour?

I think the point is that unless you expect a manager to have a 100% track record with transfers, 1 or 2 low cost/free transfers which don't work amongst a fair few transfers which have been decent to good value for money shouldn't even be a negative 'factor', if anything the record for transfers while he was manager (if he had much/any say in it) should have been a reason to keep him.

It shouldn't be a 'factor'. Nobody else in football would ever think so. Sack Fergie because Owen hasn't scored 20 goals a season. Anyway, he has been poor for us but did we expect so much more from a 35+ year old free transfer? He came in for squad depth and experience, we got that and some below average performances and now we will release him having spent an average amount of money for what you would expect these days.

Anything a manager does is a factor when it comes to his dismissal.

I would have thought getting Sol would be a pretty small factor in the scheme of things, unless it was an indication that Hughton was less inclined to follow the transfer strategy the club had laid out.

Not that I believe that that would be the case (I think the stated claim that we needed more experience at the helm was reason enough for the change), but then I don't give much time of day to unatributted quotes in an inflamatory story in the Express either.

Probably a Giggs moment but:

'Sol’s gone and good luck to him. He has been an icon in the game' date=' but he didn’t feature too much here.'[/quote']

Guest Thump 1892

He's been an important influence in the dressing room and I think that's the important factor here.  He had one good game all season and that was against Man City, either way I'd still like to see him in a coaching role.  Just a shame he didn't make more of an impact on the pitch.

Guest Thump 1892

If the rumours are to be believed the whinging mentalist has barely been near the dressing room never mind be a positive influence.

Hew man, I'm dyslexic and misspelled "physio room".  Talk about discrimination :(