Chris Hughton

stozo

All the best, Chris. You saved our club- you'll go down as a legend in our black & white history books.

And this is an important point.

What's Ashley done to him is no different really to what he did to the previous 2 legends he employed to manage us.

Chris certainly came a long way from the days when everybody wanted Shearer and not him as our manager.But he turned us around,both club and supporters by giving us the Championship when nobody expected it,and to start this season so well,albeit with a few blips.

Above all,he made Newcastle United Football Club worthy of respect again,treating every pitfall that came his way with common-sense and dignity.He built us a team.Something we've sadly missed for a while.Whilst keeping the media,dying to see him fail so they could reignite the Newcastle circus stories,at bay by always being polite and keeping in-house situations confidential.

No doubt we will be the worse off for this ridiculous but unfortunately typical Ashley/Llambias act.All we can hope is that Chris Hughton will look back at his loyal service here fondly,and that he can find himself a job at a decent club that enhances his career.At the very least,he deserves that.

Thanks very much Chris.Your time here will never be forgotten.

All the best, Chris. You saved our club- you'll go down as a legend in our black & white history books.

Above all,he made Newcastle United Football Club worthy of respect again,treating every pitfall that came his way with common-sense and dignity.He built us a team.Something we've sadly missed for a while.Whilst keeping the media,dying to see him fail so they could reignite the Newcastle circus stories,at bay by always being polite and keeping in-house situations confidential.

Spot on.

Presumably why Llambias and Ashley sacked him.

Guest GAMMELL

Thank you Chris for making me proud of this wonderful club again.

Completely undeserved and a complete disgrace the way he's been discarded like an unwanted panini sticker. Cunts.

:lol: nicely put that

Fans of other clubs are really pissed off with this, says it all.

I'm glad (as much as it's possible at this point in time) that basically everyone in football agrees over this. Ashley is a c***.

The only problem is those fans agreeing with us then go on to say "I hope Newcastle get relegated now".

Least we're not getting the usual, "The fans forced him out" diatribe though.

I'm glad (as much as it's possible at this point in time) that basically everyone in football agrees over this. Ashley is a c***.

The only problem is those fans agreeing with us then go on to say "I hope Newcastle get relegated now".

Pavlov's dogs, I'm still expecting it to happen. Might have to wait 6 months and then history can be re-written or something.

I'll just repeat what I said in the Hughton's sacked thread.

Farewell Hughton, you'll always be welcome at St James' Park. You restored pride and dignity back into our club and our fans. It's just a shame you couldn't be treated with the same respect.

So many good things to say about Hughton and what he has done for us as a club.

Bearing in mind what we felt like towards the end of the relegation season, how we felt about the club this time two days ago was worlds apart. Galaxies of difference. Thanks to Hughton and the 'group of lads' he had created.

What Ashley has done is criminal, absolutely without foundation or logical explanation. The man is a disgrace to football, and I wish more than anything that he'd never set foot near my football club.

Since this is the Hughton appreciation thread, thanks for your work Chris. You always conducted yourself with dignity and an open mind, the polar opposite of your farcical employer.

Been enjoying this season. The results have been a little bit up and down, but what more can you expect from a newly promoted team? Some of the games this season has been absolutely fantastic, and I will never forget 6-0 against Villa, 5-1 against mackems and 1-0 against Arsenal. Hughton seemed to be a very hard working man, he was very honest speaking to the media and the players liked him. Finally we managed to get some stability to this club, thanks to Hughton. Brilliant man and I think we(the fans) were proud of Hughton, and him being our manager.

Thank you Chris.  :clap:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/06/chris-hughton-newcastle-united-manager

If his involvement as a twentysomething with the Workers Revolutionary Party taught Hughton (who is now a member of Labour), much about the benefits of egalitarianism, he knew he had to tread carefully when dealing with players who were earning several times his salary.

What a cool manager.

I dunno, I've seen one Rangers fan start the old "Newcastle are doing this because they all think they're a big club, actually they're a small club over achieving in 11th place in the premier league, not a big enough name etc etc"

• 3 weeks later...