Chris Hughton

stozo

one of the reasons i warmed to him was that he kept an open mind rather than the patronising "gaffer knows best" attitude you'd get from Allardyce or SOuness.

ie all the fans knew we needed a right-winger last january and he went out and bought Routledge who'd arguably been the league's best right winger up til that point. your souness would've just said that wingers no longer exist in the modern game and allardyce would've gone and signed amdy faye.

similarly, after seeing Smith, Butt, Nolan and Guthrie labour through games last season everyone knew we needed to inject a bit of pace and energy into the side, especially to help the sluggish Nolan, and he went and signed Tiote and Ben Arfa.

probably the first manager since Robson (well keegan never got a chance) who seemed to sense exactly what was needed. i was mega skeptical when he was first given the job but the way he went about things, particularly from january transfer window onwards, i just cant fault.

When you took over we were a shambles, a mess, relegation candidates according to some.  However you took a squad in disarray and emphatically led to us back to the big time with some memorable moments along the way. For the first time in years a Newcastle squad had belief, togetherness and determination, a loss was never for the want of trying.

A season later we sit 11th in the Premier League following memorable victories against Villa, Sunderland and Arsenal despite being among the favourites for the drop you turned us from no hopers into believers. Thank you Chris Hughton, your time in efforts are much appreciated and your spell in charge will never be forgotten. Best of luck for the rest of your career.

:clap:

Totally agree, this sacking is tragic on many levels.

Fuckin hell, i thought he was doing just fine, he got us up to the premier league straight away, seemed to have build a decent core and a good atmosphere wich has lacked since bobby.

I just dont see the reason to let him go at this point it baffles me... was it a massive Knee-jerk from ashley after decent runs and thought team should/would be able to push for maybe a eurocup spot? O0 o0

Statistically our most successful manager ever.

An absolute gent and I thank him for everything he has done for this club.

Good luck to the man, deserves better than this shithouse of a football club and the crooks in charge.  :clap:

100% AGREE  :clap:

All the people who took time and wrote in this appreciation thread I thank you very much. It means a lot to respect someone who have done a great deal to our football club.

We had so many high points under CH tenure. He rightly leave this football club in high.

Guest Loven11

So f***ing sick of the fat controller, wish he would just f*** off instead.

Aye thanks for the memories, Chris and good luck for the future.

Still amazed and will always be grateful for pulling that disaster of a relegated team together and winning the Championship.  Quibbles with team selection and substitutions this year, but wtf do I know?

It was so refreshing to have a manager who conducted himself with class and dignity.

He deserved much better than this from the Club.

thanks chris.

you took the job no one wanted and made a real go of it,

got us promoted as champions, and in the premier league humiliated sunderland, beat arsenal away, hammered villa and got a point from the champions.

you've dealt with 'difficult' players and got the best out of them,

you turned a bunch of players after the deserters left into 'a team'.

you battled a shitstorm in the press every transfer window and in the summer.

you and your team restored a bit of pride back to newcastle united last season

you are a gentleman, and have shown the highest of dignity in the face of adversity in your time here.

best wishes for the future chris, i know you'll do well, shame the wallopers running the club couldn't. they've stabbed you in the back, after all you've done for the club. it absolutely stinks.

:clap:

Thanks Chris.  You are a legend.  You have saved us once from limbo and rebuild a great foundation by getting in some decent players and develop Carroll.  You simply do not deserve this ending.

Whenever you visit St James Park in the future (except as a mackem), you will always hear the chant that belongs to you.

I can't say enough good things about Chris Hughton. I'm gutted by this decision, even if it was painfully obvious for the past few weeks that it was going to happen.

I know he won't have troubles finding another job and I hope he excels wherever he goes.

Thanks Chris for everything, absolutely top job done here. Hold you head up high. I hope Mike Ashley either dies or gets to watch his family die. Absolute fool. Another stupid decision.

The job done by Chris will long remembered by all of us. Thanks again wor Chris!

Guest Ridzuan

After the shambles of Souness, Kinnear, Allardyce and maybe even Keegan the second time running, Chris was a breath of fresh air. He has contributed more to the club than all his previous 4 predecessors combined and deserved to be given credit for that. He took over the club when nobody really care and brought us back from the brink of disaster. Thank You Chris. You will always be remembered and loved.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thanks chris.

you took the job no one wanted and made a real go of it,

got us promoted as champions, and in the premier league humiliated sunderland, beat arsenal away, hammered villa and got a point from the champions.

you've dealt with 'difficult' players and got the best out of them,

you turned a bunch of players after the deserters left into 'a team'.

you battled a shitstorm in the press every transfer window and in the summer.

you and your team restored a bit of pride back to newcastle united last season

you are a gentleman, and have shown the highest of dignity in the face of adversity in your time here.

best wishes for the future chris, i know you'll do well, shame the wallopers running the club couldn't. they've stabbed you in the back, after all you've done for the club. it absolutely stinks.

This. I honestly could have cried for him leaving SJP on Sky. He looked fucking gutted

I remember my first ever match at St. James' park was last season against Reading at home, was dreading it before the game. But he sent me home with a massive smile, gave us a season to remember last season. And most definitely would have kept us up here.

My first ever Tyne-Wear derby ended up in us winning 5-1 , I'll never forget that.

He's well out of this place. Hope he finds a club that deserves a man and a manager like him. Today I am ashamed to support Newcastle United. I want my club back.

As am I.

Chris is a legend and a great bloke by all accounts.

Hope he goes on to have a very successful manager without a tight, round, fat-headed pigshit afterbirth for a boss. :thup:

At the start of last season i remember sitting watching the match dreading the outcome instead i saw a great spirited performance by a team that the season before were a shambles. Going to SJP for the Reading match i saw another great performance and i was starting to feel great towards the team and the manager. At the end of last season everything about the club finally felt right we were stable, succesful and full of confidence there was a feel good factor about the club and i owe that to Hughton. Thanks Chris for everything great person leave with you're head held high and prove this joke of a club wrong.

Chris Hughton was a gentleman and did a great job at turning this club around from the state it was in.  I think he had flaws, linked to not much experience, but over time he would learn and 11th place after 16 games was a decent performance for his 1st real stab as manager in the top flight.

Wish him the best of luck, hope he goes to another club and does well.

He's well out of this place. Hope he finds a club that deserves a man and a manager like him. Today I am ashamed to support Newcastle United. I want my club back.

Totally, he was just building a team I was proud to be a fan of again, even if they weren't world beaters.

The idea we're going back to a circus run by Mike Ashley and whatever mercenary hasbeen he can get is deeply depressing.

Legend in my eyes.

Had he not done such a good job last year the club could have really got in the toilet.

Hope Ashley has a good plan for a replacement and all that good work doesn't go to waste.

Thanks Chris. :clap: