Chris Hughton

stozo

Much as I like and respect him I would not appoint him as the manager if I owned a football club in either of the top two divisions. I would however be delighted to have him as an assistant or as a coach. For my money he doesn't have the strength of personality and isn't streetwise enough to be a manager. 

Much as I like and respect him I would not appoint him as the manager if I owned a football club in either of the top two divisions. I would however be delighted to have him as an assistant or as a coach. For my money he doesn't have the strength of personality and isn't streetwise enough to be a manager. 

I like the point about strength of character, and yes you are quiet right that Hughton lacks it - big time.  Just hasn't got that strong manager aura about him.

Hughton is definitely interested in a return to management, as he's already tapped up one of Newcastle's scouts to move with him to wherever he goes next. 

..?

One of our scouts has agreed to move with him to wherever his next club is.

I think he got that bit :lol:

I know, but I've got no idea what he's asking :lol:

Probably who it is, not that I think many of us would know any of them apart from Carr? :lol:

:shifty:

How do you know, do you know much about this particular scout, if so what... had the scout agreed to leave, is he expecting to leave in the near future... The fullest story you can offer really.

asdsadasd

I can't watch that video without bursting into tears, I love him so much.  :weep:

Man, watching that video reminded me how awesome the season in the Championship actually was.  Some great entertaining stuff and it was exactly what the club needed to be honest.  Get rid of the dead wood, get some team spirit back in the club, etc.  Glad wor Chris was in charge of the club during that period - we are much better for it now.

asdsadasd

I can't watch that video without bursting into tears, I love him so much.  :weep:

Man, watching that video reminded me how awesome the season in the Championship actually was.  Some great entertaining stuff and it was exactly what the club needed to be honest.  Get rid of the dead wood, get some team spirit back in the club, etc.  Glad wor Chris was in charge of the club during that period - we are much better for it now.

He did a fantastic job. Deserves a chance at a premiership club.

Probably who it is, not that I think many of us would know any of them apart from Carr? :lol:

How do you know, do you know much about this particular scout, if so what... had the scout agreed to leave, is he expecting to leave in the near future... The fullest story you can offer really.

Can't tell you the name of the scout.  You can find his name on one article online re: Tamas Kadar.  I go to uni with his daughter.  He's agreed to leave and become chief scout and wherever Hughton goes next.  She seemed to think he's definitely on the lookout, but will only really go for it when its right.  Mentioned Fulham, but she admitted that wasn't something that had come from Hughton.

She said today that whatever you read in the press, the backroom atmosphere that Hughton had built amongst team, staff and personnel is gone, or at least it's not the same.  Hence this guy being willing to move after serving the club for over a decade.

Can't tell you the name of the scout.  You can find his name on one article online re: Tamas Kadar.  I go to uni with his daughter.  He's agreed to leave and become chief scout and wherever Hughton goes next.  She seemed to think he's definitely on the lookout, but will only really go for it when its right.  Mentioned Fulham, but she admitted that wasn't something that had come from Hughton.

She said today that whatever you read in the press, the backroom atmosphere that Hughton had built amongst team, staff and personnel is gone, or at least it's not the same.  Hence this guy being willing to move after serving the club for over a decade.

:thup:

For a moment I'd started to wonder as the only thing that turned up on icnewcastle was Jeff Vetere... :lol:

Speaking of the atmosphere behind the scenes, I stumbled onto an article the other day - a load of quotes from Andy Carroll about Hughton and our season a few days before he got sacked. The attitude you could feel coming across was still inspiring, and yes, put simply there's been no sign of anything like that for a long time now. Felt like a completely different era, there's no vibe of writing your own headlines and not letting the media tell you how good you are, now. At best now it's 'be realistic, we won't beat bigger teams with 2nd Division players like Danny Simpson, but we can probably bully some relegation candidates, and with a bit of luck we might buy some better players in the future'. I think the only thing really stopping things become poisonous is Nolan, which is ironic considering some used to say it was Hughton who relied upon him...

:thup:

For a moment I'd started to wonder as the only thing that turned up on icnewcastle was Jeff Vetere... :lol:

Speaking of the atmosphere behind the scenes, I stumbled onto an article the other day - a load of quotes from Andy Carroll about Hughton and our season a few days before he got sacked. The attitude you could feel coming across was still inspiring, and yes, put simply there's been no sign of anything like that for a long time now. Felt like a completely different era, there's no vibe of writing your own headlines and not letting the media tell you how good you are, now. At best now it's 'be realistic, we won't beat bigger teams with 2nd Division players like Danny Simpson, but we can probably bully some relegation candidates, and with a bit of luck we might buy some better players in the future'. I think the only thing really stopping things become poisonous is Nolan, which is ironic considering some used to say it was Hughton who relied upon him...

We've done anything but that under Pardew!

West Ham 5-0?

Wolves 4-1?

We also dominated the games down at Wigan, Birmingham & Blackburn (despite ending 0-0).

West Ham 5-0?

Wolves 4-1?

We also dominated the games down at Wigan, Birmingham & Blackburn (despite ending 0-0).

We mullered Blackburn. 0-0 was a travesty.  Yet it says a lot about my mindset this season that I was elated with a point

But also we've gotten very good results against the majority of the bigger teams.

Not many wins though (if any?)

But also we've gotten very good results against the majority of the bigger teams.

What? :lol:

Discounting Liverpool for obvious reasons, Pardew hasn't beaten any team that wasn't still in danger of going down on the final day.

Hughton on the other hand beat four of the top ten (two on their own patch) plus Chelsea in the cup, yet he's the one that's tactically inept. :dontknow:

He's done ok against the bigger clubs (unlucky against Spurs not to win, great comeback v Arsenal, good draws against Man Utd & Chelsea).

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Those two late goals we conceded at Sunderland and then the week after at home to Spurs were infuriating.

Discounting Liverpool for obvious reasons, Pardew hasn't beaten any team that wasn't still in danger of going down on the final day.

He didn't say we 'beat' them though. Draws against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United (and arguably Spurs) are good results.