Can this club attract a decent manager?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon ashley already knows who the next manager is. But ashleys idea of "decent" is probably some way off everyone elses. Whoever the next guy is he's either useless / stupid / both.

At least if Ashley knows, that would suggest some sort of thinking. I just think he snapped and fired Hughton without thinking it through, as usual.

Yes but the only way is on a long term contract and with financial backing.

If we offered Mon 4 years and £10-15m in the next window and a promise to spend what he and the club makes I think he'd go for it along with other managers of his calibre.

TT, I normally agree with the vast majority of stuff you post but Martin O'Neill would be a f***ing disaster in my opinion.

He's an utter c***.

An absolutely despicable little cretin who plays a s**** brand of football.

Appreciate I'll be in a majority of one with this view but if I hate the little f***er.

I think MON comes into the category of be careful what you wish for

Too true he does.

4-4-2 with players played out of positions, obvious favourites getting a game every week, a lennon, a heskey, a fast winger or two and a chip bigger than Norn Iron on his shoulder.

No f***ing thank you.

I suppose you'd rather have Pardew or Curbishley would you?

Right now MON is the best of a bad bunch and I for one pray he's stupid enough to be interested.

Why do you suppose that? You know nothing about me.

I don't want any one of them.

I wouldn't want any one of them running the f***ing under 9's team.

Likewise, but with some of the names being talked about at the moment MON would be a very pleasant surprise

He'd be as pleasant a surprise as coming home to see your house has been on fire, it's burnt out but the f***ing doormat isn't singed to bits.

Suggest a realistic alternative (who would work under our shower of bastards) who could take us forward

I can't Steve which is why Hughton shouldn't have been fired.

Of course he shouldn't have been sacked but that is the unthinkable situation we now find ourselves in thanks to some of the most hateful men the game of football has ever seen.

Like it or not we have to move on and given that the bookies have stopped taking bets on Alan Pardew replacing the best manager we've had since Bobby Robson, I'd be over the fucking moon with Martin O'Neill.

Yes but the only way is on a long term contract and with financial backing.

If we offered Mon 4 years and £10-15m in the next window and a promise to spend what he and the club makes I think he'd go for it along with other managers of his calibre.

TT, I normally agree with the vast majority of stuff you post but Martin O'Neill would be a f***ing disaster in my opinion.

He's an utter c***.

An absolutely despicable little cretin who plays a s**** brand of football.

Appreciate I'll be in a majority of one with this view but if I hate the little f***er.

I think MON comes into the category of be careful what you wish for

Too true he does.

4-4-2 with players played out of positions, obvious favourites getting a game every week, a lennon, a heskey, a fast winger or two and a chip bigger than Norn Iron on his shoulder.

No f***ing thank you.

I suppose you'd rather have Pardew or Curbishley would you?

Right now MON is the best of a bad bunch and I for one pray he's stupid enough to be interested.

Why do you suppose that? You know nothing about me.

I don't want any one of them.

I wouldn't want any one of them running the f***ing under 9's team.

Likewise, but with some of the names being talked about at the moment MON would be a very pleasant surprise

He'd be as pleasant a surprise as coming home to see your house has been on fire, it's burnt out but the f***ing doormat isn't singed to bits.

Suggest a realistic alternative (who would work under our shower of bastards) who could take us forward

I can't Steve which is why Hughton shouldn't have been fired.

Of course he shouldn't have been sacked but that is the unthinkable situation we now find ourselves in thanks to some of the most hateful men the game of football has ever seen.

Like it or not we have to move on and given that the bookies have stopped taking bets on Alan Pardew replacing the best manager we've had since Bobby Robson, I'd be over the fucking moon with Martin O'Neill.

I wouldn't. I'd be over the fucking moon if we had someone half decent lined up but given the criteria will be:

- Must be a yes man

- Must be happy with boardroom interference

- Must be able to produce diamonds with schrapnel from the back of Mikes sofa

- Must be able to manage large personalities and/or ex-cons

- Must be able to relate to the fans

- MUST BE CHEAP.

It's fair to assume that nobody would leave another position for us, nobody with any integrity would join us and nobody with any track record of achievement would join us.

Meaning it'll be a daft cunt off that list, meaning certain relegation as far as I'm concerned.

Surely he didn't sack Hughton without a replacement already lined up. That would be f*cking stupid, even by Ashley's standards. Mid-season, we're 11th, the sacking is insane but to do so without already speaking to replacements would make no sense whatsoever.

I'd be happy with Martin O'Neill, he could work with limited resources and build a team that will work hard to overachieve, in other words he might continue Hughton's work. He already has his big man in Carroll and would probably be smart in the transfer market. But I doubt he'd be mad enough to come, I'd be very surprised if we got him. Martin Jol I'm not so sure, did a decent job at Tottenham but let's not forget he had a huge wedge to spend, he won't get that here. Pardew not at all.

Surely he didn't sack Hughton without a replacement already lined up. That would be f*cking stupid, even by Ashley's standards. Mid-season, we're 11th, the sacking is insane but to do so without already speaking to replacements would make no sense whatsoever.

I'd be happy with Martin O'Neill, he could work with limited resources and build a team that will work hard to overachieve, in other words he might continue Hughton's work. He already has his big man in Carroll and would probably be smart in the transfer market. But I doubt he'd be mad enough to come, I'd be very surprised if we got him. Martin Jol I'm not so sure, did a decent job at Tottenham but let's not forget he had a huge wedge to spend, he won't get that here. Pardew not at all.

You and I both know that's exactly what he did.

You and I both know that's exactly what he did.

He's done it before. He'll do it again.

i can't see how we can posssibly attract a decent manager to the club when Ashley is in charge.  The man is destroying the clubs reputation on and off the pitch.  We've all heard the stories about the behaviour of Ashley and his cohorts in the boardroom and directors box/lounges.  Numerous clubs have voiced complaints.  its quite funny that Hughton was supposedly reprimanded by Llambias and Ashley for milking applause after beating the mackems but those were the guys who conga'd around the directors box celebrating the previous victory over them!

Then we get the onfield reputation and his treatment of his managers.  Not many people who come on here rate Fat Sam but he is a well respected, influencial and popular manager among his peers,  Keegan is one of English football all time legends,  Shearer like KK is not only a legend in NUFC but also nationwide and one of the modern PL greats and again has huge respect among his peers in the game.  Finally Hughton, again hugely rated and respected in the game and i doubt you will hear a bad word against him from his fellow coaches and managers.

With a history like that i can't see how any self respecting football manager could even contamplate working for Ashley.  Also we have the rumours of the new man only being offered an initial 6 month deal and he won't pay any compo.  That just smacks of smalltime thinking and showing no ambition whatsoever,  we should be going for the best man available and if that means paying money to get him so be it and then back the new boss with at least a 2.5 yr deal and back him with funds,  bringing in a new manager and not having the confidence in his abilities to do the job for more than 6 months is just retarded.