Alan Pardew

JH

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

May have been posted - Alan Brazil said he was in a restaurant last week and Pardew was having lunch with Llambiarse's son. Not looking good.

That's sad news, I hope there was nothing serious with Lambiarse's son.

In honour of:

http://www.moviehole.net/img/thenakedgun.jpg

That terrible play on word joke had to be made

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

But then what good can hounding the manager from day one do anyone? Surely relegation nailed on even more with that kind of atmosphere.

We're down anyway man.

Pardew's managerial career, as I am mightily bored:

Reading

1999/2000: Finishes 10th in League One

2000/2001: League One playoff final defeat

2001/2002: Automatic promotion to the Championship

2002/2003: Championship playoffs defeat - leaves for:

West Ham

2003/2004: Championship playoff final defeat

2004/2005: Championship playoff final victory

2005/2006: Finishes 9th in Premier League, FA Cup final defeat

2006/2007: Worst run of defeats for West Ham in over 70 years including League Cup defeat to Chesterfield - sacked in December, turns up at:

Charlton

2006/2007: Takes over in December, relegated from the Premier League

2007/2008: Finishes 11th in the Championship

2008/2009: Near the foot of the table and without a win in eight - sacked in November, turns up at:

Southampton

2009/2010: Narrowly misses out on League One playoff spots despite 10pt deduction, wins Football League Trophy - sacked

Loads better than Hughton, that.

being fair hughton had the best squad in his division to work with.

however... Mr Ashley,

Could you please tell us why you are waiting to announce the appointment of Alan Pardew as you know, I know, my auntie Joan in toronto and quite probably people in coma's and persistent vegetative states know that you planned it a while ago to let Mr Hughton go and replace him with Mr Pardew ?

Why are you trying to make it appear that you are now starting the search process when you actually decided weeks ago and had Mr Pardew informed ?

Cheers, an interested party.

Can anyone be arsed looking who mainstay backroom staff have been as I suppose they'll be enroute too since we currently have a void where coaches are supposed to be.

Wally Downes? Pretty sure he got a coaching job somewhere recently.

EDIT: Been with Pardew at Reading & Southampton but took a job at West Ham a couple of weeks ago.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can anyone be arsed looking who mainstay backroom staff have been as I suppose they'll be enroute too since we currently have a void where coaches are supposed to be.

Niall Clark - Fitness Coach (Fat as fuck)

Reading

West Ham

2006/2007: Worst run of defeats for West Ham in over 70 years including League Cup defeat to Chesterfield - sacked in December, turns up at:

Charlton

2008/2009: Near the foot of the table and without a win in eight - sacked in November, turns up at:

Southampton

2009/2010: Narrowly misses out on League One playoff spots despite 10pt deduction, wins Football League Trophy - sacked

however... Mr Ashley,

Could you please tell us why you are waiting to announce the appointment of Alan Pardew as you know, I know, my auntie Joan in toronto and quite probably people in coma's and persistent vegetative states know that you planned it a while ago to let Mr Hughton go and replace him with Mr Pardew ?

Why are you trying to make it appear that you are now starting the search process when you actually decided weeks ago and had Mr Pardew informed ?

Hughton made it the best squad in the division imo.

We had 4 strikers that were either young or not that good but he got the most out of them and brought on Carroll amazingly.

Our midfield were no great shakes either, especially pre-Routledge but he got the best out of them and used them to their strengths.

Bar Enrique our defence was horrendously low on confidence/out of form but he instilled that back into them and got them performing to their best.

People keep saying he had the best squad but you just have to look at how they were performing when we went round to see how confidence had completely torn apart any shred of ability.

Look at Boro, I would say their squad was a lot better than most in that division. Same again this season with the additions they made but they haven't got a manager capable of getting the best out of them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Imagine being a player and this bellend strolls in, they'll have zero respect for him. 

Probably all hand him their boots thinking he's came to collect them for a charity or something.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Reading

West Ham

Charlton

Southampton

however... Mr Ashley,

Hughton made it the best squad in the division imo.

We had 4 strikers that were either young or not that good but he got the most out of them and brought on Carroll amazingly.

Our midfield were no great shakes either, especially pre-Routledge but he got the best out of them and used them to their strengths.

Bar Enrique our defence was horrendously low on confidence/out of form but he instilled that back into them and got them performing to their best.

People keep saying he had the best squad but you just have to look at how they were performing when we went round to see how confidence had completely torn apart any shred of ability.

Look at Boro, I would say their squad was a lot better than most in that division. Same again this season with the additions they made but they haven't got a manager capable of getting the best out of them.

Agree. Hughton did fantastically well to get us out of that league, his  man management is top class.