Alan Pardew

JH

But Mick, it's been 3 games. We've got to give him some time, it's unreasonable to expect instant success.

For me he's got the season, not until the summer will I make a judgement on him. I'm not petty enough to hate him just because he isn't Chris Hughton.

I agree that he needs time, he's got it anyway.  I don't hate him but I think his rumoured involvement in the sacking of Hughton was shit.  We have no proof that he was involved but I find it hard to believe that his name was randomly plucked out of fresh air.  He was brought in as an upgrade on Hughton so my expectations of him are to do better than the person he’s replaced and he’ll not get an easy time off me because of how he got the job.

What are the chances of us actually playing through midfield now the 'lump it to Carroll' option has been taken out of the equation? I know I'm clutching at straws a bit like.  :undecided:

If Nolan is playing off Ameobi I don't think we'll see much different, but it's an opportunity for Pardew to show his flexibility.

But Mick, it's been 3 games. We've got to give him some time, it's unreasonable to expect instant success.

For me he's got the season, not until the summer will I make a judgement on him. I'm not petty enough to hate him just because he isn't Chris Hughton.

I agree that he needs time, he's got it anyway.  I don't hate him but I think his rumoured involvement in the sacking of Hughton was s***.  We have no proof that he was involved but I find it hard to believe that his name was randomly plucked out of fresh air.  He was brought in as an upgrade on Hughton so my expectations of him are to do better than the person he’s replaced and he’ll not get an easy time off me because of how he got the job.

Not bothered about how he got it tbh, anyone in his position would take a job like ours if it was on offer. He didn't sack CH nor did he force Ashley to make that decision, he was offered a job and took it and I don't blame him for that.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, and the whole credibility of the decision hangs on that. Pardew has to make a difference and, as I said above, getting results when key players are missing has to be a big part of that difference.

I agree that he needs time, he's got it anyway.  I don't hate him but I think his rumoured involvement in the sacking of Hughton was s***.  We have no proof that he was involved but I find it hard to believe that his name was randomly plucked out of fresh air.  He was brought in as an upgrade on Hughton so my expectations of him are to do better than the person he’s replaced and he’ll not get an easy time off me because of how he got the job.

Not bothered about how he got it tbh, anyone in his position would take a job like ours if it was on offer. He didn't sack CH nor did he force Ashley to make that decision, he was offered a job and took it and I don't blame him for that.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, and the whole credibility of the decision hangs on that. Pardew has to make a difference and, as I said above, getting results when key players are missing has to be a big part of that difference.

And....................do you think he will?

It's all well and good playing devils advocate but for me he's a fucking criminal appointment given his complete lack of gravitas and he's very fortunate to have inherited a 'bunch of lads' with good spirit and togetherness because, without that, his appointment would be taking us down.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew doesn't have the skills nor support to manage this football club to any degree of success. He will fail massively because he's shit and I cannot see anything other than disaster for us while he's in charge.

Pardew doesn't have the skills nor support to manage this football club to any degree of success. He will fail massively because he's s*** and I cannot see anything other than disaster for us while he's in charge.

I can sense a lot of positivity in your posts today HTT.

Pardew doesn't have the skills nor support to manage this football club to any degree of success. He will fail massively because he's shit and I cannot see anything other than disaster for us while he's in charge.

I agree.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew doesn't have the skills nor support to manage this football club to any degree of success. He will fail massively because he's s*** and I cannot see anything other than disaster for us while he's in charge.

Hey, I wanna get behind him, I wanna look at the positives etc. but I'm deluding myself no more nor subjecting myself to false hope where this club is concerned again. Pardew is a shit manager who was last managing in League Two and he didn't even last that long there. His record in every sense from results to buying players reads as shit. With Hughton in charge, a far better manager, and with a team behind him, we were still going to struggle to stay in this division, but now, that struggle will become impossible with Pardew as manager I feel. I hope I'm wrong but I have this dreadful feeling that we are going down, the same feeling I had midway through our previous Premiership campaign.

The guy has absolutely no right to be at a football club like ours. What's worse is that everyone knows it..............he does, the players, the fans - it's only a matter of time until it goes tits up. He's an Ashley man which makes his appointment untenable because every single time we have a bad run people will (rightly) question his diabolical management history.

Ashley struck lucky with Hughton, he'll not do the same this time.

I can see past a lot of Ashley errors but come on; Alan Fucking Pardew in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the country. Give me a fucking break.

Hey, I wanna get behind him, I wanna look at the positives etc. but I'm deluding myself no more nor subjecting myself to false hope where this club is concerned again. Pardew is a s*** manager who was last managing in League Two and he didn't even last that long there.

League One.

And....................do you think he will?

It's all well and good playing devils advocate but for me he's a f***ing criminal appointment given his complete lack of gravitas and he's very fortunate to have inherited a 'bunch of lads' with good spirit and togetherness because, without that, his appointment would be taking us down.

Like f*ck am I  playing devil's advocate. None of us made that decision, it was made by people who are supposed to know what is going on in our club and what is best for it. They are either paid or have the responsibility or have the ownership  (or all 3 of those) to get these decisions right. Shout as much as you like now - but now isn't judgement time. 

The guy has absolutely no right to be at a football club like ours.

Ashley struck lucky with Hughton, he'll not do the same this time.

I can see past a lot of Ashley errors but come on; Alan Fucking Pardew in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the country. Give me a fucking break.

Cringe-tastic.

I'm going to give him credit for the first half.

We've seen a lively front two, a nice training ground corner and Jonas attack space.

Agree with this, but his insistence to stick with Taylor over Williamson will cost us at some point.