Alan Pardew

JH

It was a personal rant. I wasn't trying to convey a blanket opinion, so i apologise if it came across that way. Though i do still stand by the whole "every fan's waiting for the next disaster". Would anyone be that surprised if we spent no money in the summer? I'd say we're just about prepared for anything.

It was a personal rant. I wasn't trying to convey a blanket opinion, so i apologise if it came across that way. Though i do still stand by the whole "every fan's waiting for the next disaster". Would anyone be that surprised if we spent no money in the summer? I'd say we're just about prepared for anything.

Fair play to you for that. But, for starters, I'm one who'd be utterly stunned if we didn't spend any money in the summer.

Odd fucking decision today imo, Enrique injured, Ferguson on the bench.. Hmm, let's see. Simpson to LB and Lovenkrands to RW bringing Shola on.

Horses for courses. Ferguson to LB and if Lovens shit just replace him with Shola, don't swap half the fucking team around to accomodate Lovenkrands out of position!

Odd fucking decision today imo, Enrique injured, Ferguson on the bench.. Hmm, let's see. Simpson to LB and Lovenkrands to RW bringing Shola on.

Horses for courses. Ferguson to LB and if Lovens shit just replace him with Shola, don't swap half the fucking team around to accomodate Lovenkrands out of position!

Goalscorer or unproven kid. Not that odd a decision imo. Simpson has played left back before.

Pardew has done enough to make me trust his tactical decisions.

He's being asked to put together a car with sticks and stones here though.

No win situation, if he started the kid/s some are suggesting he would have been slated if we lost for starting the kid/s :lol:

Routledge would be handy right now though.

:sadnod:

Still an odd decision.

We don't know what went on there personally between Routledge/Pardew/other players etc.

The decision is inexplicable enough that it makes me think that there was some other reason that we'll just never know about.

We don't know what went on there personally between Routledge/Pardew/other players etc.

The decision is inexplicable enough that it makes me think that there was some other reason that we'll just never know about.

Pardew didn't rate him, Routledge has said so himself. Personally I think we 'needed' his wages to get Ireland as well.

The case with Routledge is hardly anything new. The weight of the decision is determined by the fact we didn't replace him. He wasn't good enough, but i'd rather have someone than no one. This has happened time and again - as far back as Dyer/Solano both leaving.

Goalscorer or unproven kid. Not that odd a decision imo. Simpson has played left back before.

I was suggesting he should have made two changes if that's what the situation demanded, not made even more of a reshuffle. It started with team selection if you ask me, why change a settled back four, Simpson should have been playing RB. If you had to play Taylor play him RW, he's played there before.

Seems to me Pardew (in this instance) is favouring exp just a little too much over sound positional sense.

His decision to shoehorn Taylor into what had been a fairly consistent defence contributed significantly to handing Everton the goals.

What else could he have done? Apart from start Taylor right wing which is much the muchness.

His decision to shoehorn Taylor into what had been a fairly consistent defence contributed significantly to handing Everton the goals.

What else could he have done? Apart from start Taylor right wing which is much the muchness.

At least it wouldn't have broken up a previously settled back four that had not done much wrong.

Ferguson left, Guttierez right, Taylor on the bench.

Ferguson left wing, Jonas right might have been a better shout but I take your point. With midfielders dropping like flies there weren't many options.

Ferguson did well but could have very easily cost us a goal which he would have been ripped apart for.

If someone said before the game "Taylor right back" I doubt many would have complained. He had a shitter but he has played very well there before.

We are down to our bare arses, the selection could have been different but we still could have lost either way and Pardew would have been "wrong" because of it.

Hindsight-tastic, but on reflection I just think that if we'd kept the back five the same we'd have stood a better chance. Okay Enrique got injured but the damage was done by then. Injuries are a fact of life but if you can keep an area of the team together (and in general it's doing reasonbly well) then I think you're asking for trouble changing it.