Alan Pardew

JH

and without Carroll and quite alot other players through injurys/suspensions.

Me being serious.

Its a fair point to raise though. Injuries have been a lot harsher on Pardew than Hughton.

Hughton's performance in the transfer window last January was outstanding. He also kept his players fit via clearly good training over more games but I know he's not allowed to take credit for any of this.

Pardew's January was appalling and casts a very deep dark shadow over next season imo. I think the summer is going to be devastating for all of us.

At least we haven't got anyone out on loan that could have had significant first team minutes since january.... :doh:

Yeah, we've really missed Routledge's scintilating Premier League performances.

With more minutes on the pitch he might have got back some of his confidence and would have been a real asset to our side.

Horseplop. The guy's been hopeless at every club he's been at in the Premier League.

Would rather have Routledge to bring on than no one. A player with a bit of pace could have lead to us killing the game at the Stadium of Light, getting something against Everton, Villa and Fulham and beating Bolton and Blackburn. Obviously I am not saying that all those results would have been affected but those are just the games I can think of off the top of my head that were crying out for someone with the assets Routledge has.

He never once showed those "assets" this season though. Nor at Spurs, Villa, Fulham etc. Why would he suddenly become a terrific game changing player when there's very little evidence to support that theory?

I'm not trying to assert that Routledge is necessarily a premiership quality player. What I am saying is that I would much rather have had him here as at least an option. He may not produce week in week out, but I certainly wouldn't write him off and he is fine as a back up winger.

In one of his last games he came on against Wigan when we were 1-0 up and was at least a threat. That was at a time when they were  trying to push for an equaliser and he used his pace a couple of times to get in behind them. At least it gives the opposition something to think about. For example at the SofL we had no outlet ball, no one that could hurt them on the break so they were able to pile bodies forward and cause havoc in the box. If a player with pace like Routledge on is on the pitch then teams have to either decide to keep someone back to mark him or push up and risk getting caught on the break.

It's quite a lot easier to find good players  to play in the championship for a club like Newcastle than it is finding good ones for the PL tbh.

Just saying, im not by any means trying to defend the non action during january window that was, insanity.

It's quite a lot easier to find good players  to play in the championship for a club like Newcastle than it is finding good ones for the PL tbh.

Just saying, im not by any means trying to defend the non action during january window that was, insanity.

Never said it wasn't but signing nobody (apart from Ireland, don't laugh) and selling off others is appalling.

Me being serious.

Its a fair point to raise though. Injuries have been a lot harsher on Pardew than Hughton.

Hughton's performance in the transfer window last January was outstanding. He also kept his players fit via clearly good training over more games but I know he's not allowed to take credit for any of this.

Pardew's January was appalling and casts a very deep dark shadow over next season imo. I think the summer is going to be devastating for all of us.

I can see why you think that, absolutely, but it's worth pointing out that the January window and the summer window are completely different.

Never said it wasn't but signing nobody (apart from Ireland, don't laugh) and selling off others is appalling.

Never said that you said so ;) But i agree with you, appalling to say at least.

We needed a striker even before we sold Carroll, but other areas as well.

Me being serious.

I can see why you think that, absolutely, but it's worth pointing out that the January window and the summer window are completely different.

Aye, more chance to sell off key players. Pardew's remit.

Me being serious.

I really try not to follow the posters who constantly label you as boring, negative and repetitive, I really do. You're not making it easy, though. You hate the current regime, they're shit, we all get it. This constant doom mongering (usually after a poor performance or result) has gone on long enough; when we sell off the entire squad in the summer and replace them with League 2 players on the cheap I'm sure you'll be the first to log on and say you were right.

Me being serious.

I really try not to follow the posters who constantly label you as boring, negative and repetitive, I really do. You're not making it easy, though. You hate the current regime, they're s***, we all get it. This constant doom mongering (usually after a poor performance or result) has gone on long enough; when we sell off the entire squad in the summer and replace them with League 2 players on the cheap I'm sure you'll be the first to log on and say you were right.

using his sisters internet no doubt.

Guest BooBoo

Still struggling to understand why anyone thinks it was Pardew's choice not to buy anyone in January???  It really beggars belief.

Didn't you hear? Pardew sold Carroll y'know.

Me being serious.

I really try not to follow the posters who constantly label you as boring, negative and repetitive, I really do. You're not making it easy, though. You hate the current regime, they're shit, we all get it. This constant doom mongering (usually after a poor performance or result) has gone on long enough; when we sell off the entire squad in the summer and replace them with League 2 players on the cheap I'm sure you'll be the first to log on and say you were right.

It pisses me off, I can't help it. I'm still absolutely seething about yesterday.

I didn't hold out much hope for this season but the previous manager and the players proved me wrong and 6-0 against Villa, 5-1, some of the greatest days of my supporting life, I thought watching Andy Carroll play for Newcastle was going to be what we all missed out on when Gazza and Beardsley upped sticks and now he's gone for a bit of money, money, money, it's all about to crash down again and I'm absolutely fucking gutted.

I want Newcastle United to be the best team in the country, nay, the world, and I'm pig fucking sick of Mike Ashley and his bunch of hangers on pulling the carpet out from under our feet every two months. I make no apologies for that.

Me being serious.

I really try not to follow the posters who constantly label you as boring, negative and repetitive, I really do. You're not making it easy, though. You hate the current regime, they're s***, we all get it. This constant doom mongering (usually after a poor performance or result) has gone on long enough; when we sell off the entire squad in the summer and replace them with League 2 players on the cheap I'm sure you'll be the first to log on and say you were right.

using his sisters internet no doubt.

:lol:

We got to build brick by brick Wullie. We're not City or Chelsea..Our goal was to avoid relegation this year, and we've made it..And we got some good players coming up.

I really look forward to the next window. Cannot we try to be a bit positive, for once?

We got to build brick by brick Wullie. We're not City or Chelsea..Our goal was to avoid relegation this year, and we've made it..And we got some good players coming up.

I really look forward to the next window. Cannot we try to be a bit positive, for once?

I was, back in October/November, I was over the moon with how things were going.

Reminds me of when me and Mick used to get slated to hell for calling Souness worse than shite. Now, of course no-one will admit to it but at the time, the majority were in staunch defence of the arsehole. I'm not "negative", I try and call things as I see them.

In a nutshell i've got little-to-no faith in Pardew or Ashley to take us back to where we were under Bobby Robson or even Keegan (part 1). However, this summer's the ultimate test. That's the final exam and our final opportunity to make a judgement on those who run our club. Maybe i'm approaching the transfer window with some unwarranted optimism, given the shit sandwiches we've been served in the last three years, but i'm gonna wait till September the 2nd to decide whether there's any point investing any proper, long-term hopes into the club anymore. There's still a lingering ember telling me we can have a good next few years. Pardew's not Hughton or Keegan but he's not Souness or Kinnear either. We've got the crux of a very good squad, too.

What happens with the £35m trade for Carroll, and all the metaphors that came with the lad, will define the ownership once and for all. So i'll sit tight until then.

In a nutshell i've got little-to-no faith in Pardew or Ashley to take us back to where we were under Bobby Robson or even Keegan (part 1). However, this summer's the ultimate test. That's the final exam and our final opportunity to make a judgement on those who run our club. Maybe i'm approaching the transfer window with some unwarranted optimism, given the s*** sandwiches we've been served in the last three years, but i'm gonna wait till September the 2nd to decide whether there's any point investing any proper, long-term hopes into the club anymore. There's still a lingering ember telling me we can have a good next few years. Pardew's not Hughton or Keegan but he's not Souness or Kinnear either.

What happens with the £35m trade for Carroll, and all the metaphors that came with the lad, will define the ownership one and for all. So i'll sit tight until then.

it wont even be this summer but next winter as i've a feeling we'll be shopping abroad and bringing in players aswell known as tiote was.

In a nutshell i've got little-to-no faith in Pardew or Ashley to take us back to where we were under Bobby Robson or even Keegan (part 1). However, this summer's the ultimate test. That's the final exam and our final opportunity to make a judgement on those who run our club. Maybe i'm approaching the transfer window with some unwarranted optimism, given the s*** sandwiches we've been served in the last three years, but i'm gonna wait till September the 2nd to decide whether there's any point investing any proper, long-term hopes into the club anymore. There's still a lingering ember telling me we can have a good next few years. Pardew's not Hughton or Keegan but he's not Souness or Kinnear either.

What happens with the £35m trade for Carroll, and all the metaphors that came with the lad, will define the ownership one and for all. So i'll sit tight until then.

it wont even be this summer but next winter as i've a feeling we'll be shopping abroad and bringing in players aswell known as tiote was.

The first swallow of the summer? Been waiting for some people to start moving their judgement date back again.

In a nutshell i've got little-to-no faith in Pardew or Ashley to take us back to where we were under Bobby Robson or even Keegan (part 1). However, this summer's the ultimate test. That's the final exam and our final opportunity to make a judgement on those who run our club. Maybe i'm approaching the transfer window with some unwarranted optimism, given the s*** sandwiches we've been served in the last three years, but i'm gonna wait till September the 2nd to decide whether there's any point investing any proper, long-term hopes into the club anymore. There's still a lingering ember telling me we can have a good next few years. Pardew's not Hughton or Keegan but he's not Souness or Kinnear either. We've got the crux of a very good squad, too.

What happens with the £35m trade for Carroll, and all the metaphors that came with the lad, will define the ownership once and for all. So i'll sit tight until then.

:thup:

If spent well that 35m could be the masterstroke that takes us up to the top 7.

I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people but this summer is pretty much the last vestigial hope I'm hanging on to before ah.. turning into Wullie, basically.

The first swallow of the summer? Been waiting for some people to start moving their judgement date back again.

if we buy players i've little knowledge of what else am I to do ?

If spent well that 35m could be the masterstroke that takes us up to the top 7.

I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people but this summer is pretty much the last vestigial hope I'm hanging on to before ah.. turning into Wullie, basically.

I've heard it all before though mate. It's always the same... judge in summer... shit, well judge in January... shit, well the summer is the time to judge etc etc. There's a point where you have to say enough is enough, and I'm a long way past that point.

Seeing as we're 9th, we should be demanding more than top 7. Suspect we'd be there anyway if we'd kept AC9.