Alan Pardew

JH

You need your head checked if you think his tactics was shit yesterday. How many players we are missing, and who are we playing at left back?

Looking solid throughout the game, decent chance to get 1 point and almost get all 3 if Cabaye could bury the chance, what else could you ask for?

Or you have forgotten how terrible we are during that 4-4 come back, when we trying to play an open game in the first half?

he got it wrong with shola, he got it wrong with best, he got it wrong with orangutang

what more is there?

fair comment on the injuries, i mistakenly thought he'd left marveuax on the bench but even so more could have been done

arsenal are not the team they were man, no fabregas/wilshere/nasri they were there for the fucking taking imo

Best is clearly unfit. He got it right to start Ba/Shola ahead of Best. If you want to have a dig on Pardew, you should criticize why play 2 forward when we are so defensive in the first half, and why Loven got a bench place ahead of Vuckic.

I could guarantee you Arsenal would definitely finish higher than Liverpool at the end of this season. Their defense looks very solid, Song is immense, Rosicky back in form, Gervinho a lot more dangerous than Walcott and Arshavin (I'm serious). Yes they are unlikely the champion this season but they are still a far far better team than those outside big 4.

Shola and Ba together was a mistake IMO, would rather have played Best alongside one of them to at least give us a bit of energy up top.

Unless we sign another pacey striker (i.e not a Bendtner type) then we'll be relying almost entirely on Ben Arfa as our outlet up front this season.

I could guarantee you Arsenal would definitely finish higher than Liverpool at the end of this season.

irrelevant, we played them yesterday when they looked weak and out of sorts

yeah vuckic is another where he got it wrong

orangutan up with ba then and no other changes would still have been better than what he played - wrong tactics and selections, he got it wrong mate :lol:

Shola and Ba together was a mistake IMO, would rather have played Best alongside one of them to at least give us a bit of energy up top.

Unless we sign another pacey striker (i.e not a Bendtner type) then we'll be relying almost entirely on Ben Arfa as our outlet up front this season.

if marveuax gets fit i'd have no issue with playing him and obertan as wide forwards playing off ba

obviously the preference would be another forward as you say but i don't see it, anything better than shola as part of a front 2 imo

I could guarantee you Arsenal would definitely finish higher than Liverpool at the end of this season.

No, my point is, we make them "look" weak by killing their game.  That's why I said Pardew shouldn't be criticised for the tactics employed.

No, my point is, we make them "look" weak by killing their game.  That's why I said Pardew shouldn't be criticised for the tactics employed.

they had enough opportunities to bury us man, if it wasn't for gervinho farting about and the usual arsenal overplaying they'd have won comfortably

we didn't create a chance worthy of note iirc

his tactics were ok if we went out for a point, 20 minutes into the 1st half i thought all 3 were there for the taking, never mind the sending off

they had enough opportunities to bury us man, if it wasn't for gervinho farting about and the usual arsenal overplaying they'd have won comfortably

we didn't create a chance worthy of note iirc

his tactics were ok if we went out for a point, 20 minutes into the 1st half i thought all 3 were there for the taking, never mind the sending off

Our best chance was a far better chance than any of theirs..

You need your head checked if you think his tactics was shit yesterday. How many players we are missing, and who are we playing at left back?

Looking solid throughout the game, decent chance to get 1 point and almost get all 3 if Cabaye could bury the chance, what else could you ask for?

Or you have forgotten how terrible we are during that 4-4 come back, when we trying to play an open game in the first half?

Exactly..People need a reality check..We're in the infamous second season. We were up against one of the best teams in the PL, and we practically denied them chances..As Zero said, that was not because Arsenal was shit, but because we were extremely good in defense. For example, the Norwegian pundits had an analysis of how Shola of Jonas tracked back to help our defense. They also pointed out that we were  good in our defensive pressure and to beat us, Arsenal had to use the wide men more and stop trying to thread the ball through the middle, where we had full control. .And as we saw, Arsenal were only dangerous the few times they managed to quickly distribute the ball to the side where we were unbalanced. Shola's backtracking was the reason why he was not substituted yesterday, and why Jonas would have played , regardless of Maveraux fitness.. To beat or get a point from Arsenal, you have to deny them space, which we managed with success. And we even lacked HBA, a attacker and a decent left back.

In sum, Pards was spot on with his tactics..

You need your head checked if you think his tactics was s*** yesterday. How many players we are missing, and who are we playing at left back?

Exactly..People need a reality check..We're in the infamous second season. We were up against one of the best teams in the PL, and we practically denied them chances..As Zero said, that was not because Arsenal was s***, but because we were extremely good in defense. For example, the Norwegian pundits had an analysis of how Shola of Jonas tracked back to help our defense. They also pointed out that we were  good in our defensive pressure and to beat us, Arsenal had to use the wide men more and stop trying to thread the ball through the middle, where we had full control. .And as we saw, Arsenal were only dangerous the few times they managed to quickly distribute the ball to the side where we were unbalanced. Shola's backtracking was the reason why he was not substituted yesterday, and why Jonas would have played , regardless of Maveraux fitness.. To beat or get a point from Arsenal, you have to deny them space, which we managed with success. And we even lacked HBA, a attacker and a decent left back.

In sum, Pards was spot on with his tactics..

absolutely agree. the numties on here expect us to thrash them

Top points made above. It'll be easier to judge Pardew when he has a full squad to choose from which will include a new striker, left back and hopefully a fit again Ben Arfa who could be the key for us and should work really well with the likes of Obertan and link the midfield/attack.

Just watched that BBC interview, Parnsip came across pretty well, seemed confident and determined ahead of the season with a bit of arrogance creeping in there, not shy to have a snipe at the press/interviewer, Joey must be rubbing off on him.

Just watched that BBC interview, Parnsip came across pretty well, seemed confident and determined ahead of the season with a bit of arrogance creeping in there, not shy to have a snipe at the press/interviewer, Joey must be rubbing off on him.

He seems up for it for sure. Took a lot of flack on here the past few weeks, but i really hope he does well.

I thought we looked like a team that were coming off  a shite pre season. Luckily Arsenal were nowhere near their best either. Pardew made a meal of suggesting they've worked hard on retaining possession yet for 90% of the game couldn't put three passes together.

Back to the drawing board Mr Pardew.

Saw a quote in the Mirror(?) yesterday along the lines of, "We need to be successful on the pitch before we can start to invest in players". What does that even mean?

Edit: Found the actual quote...

"Ten years ago, we would be able to rival [the likes of] Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool in terms of transfers but that looks difficult at the moment, until such times as we can grow the club and, on the pitch, show we can bring some success. Then we can keep our better players and build on that."

The logic here is surely backwards. We need our best players and keep improving the squad in order to have success on the pitch, surely? If we can be successful without investing in players then surely we're working some kind of voodoo shit.

I thought we looked like a team that were coming off  a s**** pre season. Luckily Arsenal were nowhere near their best either. Pardew made a meal of suggesting they've worked hard on retaining possession yet for 90% of the game couldn't put three passes together.

Back to the drawing board Mr Pardew.

Was always going to be difficult against them though, if the same is happening 5 games down the line, then fair enough, but you cant say back the drawing board after one game against Arsenal.

Saw a quote in the Mirror(?) yesterday along the lines of, "We need to be successful on the pitch before we can start to invest in players". What does that even mean?

"Ten years ago, we would be able to rival [the likes of] Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool in terms of transfers but that looks difficult at the moment, until such times as we can grow the club and, on the pitch, show we can bring some success. Then we can keep our better players and build on that."

The logic here is surely backwards. We need our best players and keep improving the squad in order to have success on the pitch, surely? If we can be successful without investing in players then surely we're working some kind of voodoo s***.

Don't want to rival City, LIverpool or Arsenal. Want to rival Villa, Everton, Bolton, Stoke, Mackems ect though.... Fuck off man

The logic here is surely backwards. We need our best players and keep improving the squad in order to have success on the pitch, surely? If we can be successful without investing in players then surely we're working some kind of voodoo s***.

Don't want to rival City, LIverpool or Arsenal. Want to rival Villa, Everton, Bolton, Stoke, Mackems ect though.... f*** off man

dont think its a case of 'dont want' i think its 'cant'

Don't want to rival City, LIverpool or Arsenal. Want to rival Villa, Everton, Bolton, Stoke, Mackems ect though.... f*** off man

dont think its a case of 'dont want' i think its 'cant'

I meant more in terms of how he keeps making it sound as though we the fans want to rival teams like that. We're for the most part are aware that its impossible, and if you ask most fans who we should be aiming to beat, 90% wont mention the Citys and Chelsea's of the league

Guest johnson293

Enjoyed his interview on BBC.

Aye, I liked his MOTD post match interview too.

When the interviewer suggested Song might have stamped on Barton, he was quick to state.... "He did!"

And then when it was said there could have been 3 red cards (Song, Gervinho & Barton), he was quick again to ask.... "Why Barton?"

A refreshing contrast to the usual Arsene 'selective Vision' Wenger interview.

Aye, it was a decent interview. Refreshingly honest.

Mind you, I was fuming when the interviewer suggested Barton should have been sent off because he "grabbed Gervinho by the throat" wtf :lol:

What he was saying was more towards the lines, when our younger players gets good enough and are ambitious they want CL footie, national footie etc. before they carreer is down the drain. Top clubs rather buy a 25 year old Enrique then a 28 year old Barton or Nolan.

We can't compete with the likes of them at this stage in a sporting manner. It's important to keep your best players, but at what cost? Demoralizing the squad, keep unhappy players? At this stage I think many players sees us as a step up from the lower leagues around europe and gladly accepts comming here. The staff sells the club nicely telling them we will try to boss games and dominate. Players surely loves that story and so do we.

If we can carry on doing what we are doing and bring in quality on the cheap. Sell players when the time is right for us and they start to unsettle. We might see ourself in a spurs situation. Our squad will become better over time because better and better players will see us as a good place to further their carreer. Players like Modric, Bale, Lennon, Downing. They all have to prove themself at a stage like us before they can earn a "bigger" club. When time is right we have a good foundation I bet we will be able to push on. Be it in a year, two or three? we'll see, it might even take five. But for me aslong as we stay top 10 in the league for a sustainable period I will see it as a long term good plan.