Alan Pardew

JH

Don't be pedantic BottledDog - you knew what I meant. If the crowd turn on Pardew, he'll be on borrowed time even with Ashley in charge.

Why?  When has Ashley bowed to fan pressure recently?

If things go badly and attendances drop, then you will see some action.

Don't be pedantic BottledDog - you knew what I meant. If the crowd turn on Pardew, he'll be on borrowed time even with Ashley in charge.

Attendances won't drop that much, even if we're struggling.  Look at the 08/09 attendances.

Fair enough, I really hope not though. He said it would take 5 games to get the new players up to speed. To even have people thinking about his sacking before 15 games into the season would be criminal imho. As we're effectively rebuilding the whole team, the guy needs time unless the players are consistently under performing.

We've had 3 months to prepare for tomorrow , knowing that Enrique would be away . Pardews remit to cut the wage is being carried out, there is literally nothing we can do. It is a disgrace the FA allow these cunts to run clubs in this manner.

With every day that passes the bigger a joke Alan Pardew being 'in charge' of Newcastle United, becomes. Lose to the mackems (which I believe we will) then there will be no hiding place for him. Any amount of meaningless wafffle won't save him.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Think most managers in England still have the final say (or at least some say) on transfers. Pards clearly doesn't.

Carr has come out and said emphatically that all he and the scouts do is put names forward, then organise trips for the manager to see the players play. That's as far as their involvement goes, it is then up to the money men, with the final say going to Pardew.

Is Carr now also part of your imagined cabal of liars at the club?

Why?  When has Ashley bowed to fan pressure recently?

Attendances won't drop that much, even if we're struggling.  Look at the 08/09 attendances.

Not as many s/t's will have been sold this time as there was no lie to build around sales as there was in 08/09. I don't think the club have even released details of how many s/t's have been shifted. I wonder why that is?!

Attendances won't drop that much, even if we're struggling.  Look at the 08/09 attendances.

Not as many s/t's will have been sold this time as there was no lie to build around sales in 08/09. I don't think the club have even released details of how many s/t's have been shifted. I wonder why that is?!

We don't like giving information away these days it seems so I that doesn't surprise me.  I still think the crowds will be fairly big this season.

With every day that passes the bigger a joke Alan Pardew being 'in charge' of Newcastle United, becomes. Lose to the mackems (which I believe we will) then there will be no hiding place for him. Any amount of meaningless wafffle won't save him.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Think most managers in England still have the final say (or at least some say) on transfers. Pards clearly doesn't.

Carr has come out and said emphatically that all he and the scouts do is put names forward, then organise trips for the manager to see the players play. That's as far as their involvement goes, it is then up to the money men, with the final say going to Pardew.

If you think Pardew has a say in who comes and goes then you are indeed wearing rose tinted spectacles!

“Jose made it clear he wanted to move on and it was going to happen.

“I am glad it has happened now.

“If it had happened on the 28th or 29th of August it would have been harder.

“In that respect we have no excuses not to replace him – and we will replace him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/12/pardew-steps-up-hunt-for-enrique-replacement-72703-29222323/#ixzz1UoiPQ31o

Pardew's quotes on why we sold Jose now instead of waiting. If we'd played him tomorrow he wouldn't have given 100%. He could have got injured and then we'd be left with a demoralised and bitter player who would feel we'd wrecked his move. In reality it would have been a bad idea.

We knew he was going and SHOULD have had a new leftback signed, making Liverpool & Jose wait would not have been an issue if we had done things right.

Again this club did things arse forward.

What if he had got injured or not played with any commitment?

I never said play him, I said we should have had a new leftback signed, that way we had a leftback to use, did not need to play Jose.

I answered that earlier, the Enrique deal wasn't 100% with Ashley not agreeing terms with Liverpool. So we could have ended up with two senior left backs on the books.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Wut.

Pardew certainly has no say when it comes to outgoing transfers, that much is clear.

It's pointless even discussing the managers influence at the club though while we have these muppets at the helm. The best we can hope for is a decent coach. Is Pardew a decent coach? Probably not.

Wut.

Pardew certainly has no say when it comes to outgoing transfers, that much is clear.

It's pointless even discussing the managers influence at the club though while we have these muppets at the helm. The best we can hope for is a decent coach. Is Pardew a decent coach? Probably not.

That was a reasonable 'Wut' to that line tbf. :lol:

Pardew has a say in outgoing transfers, just very little when it comes to the big one's or transfer disputes. Again, I think that is fairly standard across the board.

I do believe he has a good degree of control and the final say in all incoming transfers. Just my opinion of course, but the players he has brought in are not randoms, they are all players that fill gaps in our squad and change the philosophy of the team quite dramatically. I believe this is something Pardew along with the scouts has put together without influence from the board.

Guest BigTrev

so the people saying Pardew has no control over out goings some times there is nothing you can do, Do you really think Wenger wants rid of Cesc and Nasi

so the people saying Pardew has no control over out goings some times there is nothing you can do, Do you really think Wenger wants rid of Cesc and Nasi

Going by his press conference today, he doesn't think either is leaving.

.... Meanwhile, in Spain.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Fabregas-Barcelona-shirt.jpg

Guest Chubby Jason
You'll Excuse Us If We're Sceptical, Alan

February 2: Newcastle sell Andy Carroll for £35million, but Alan Pardew assures the Newcastle support that money will be spent on the squad. "I said to Mike: 'Look, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it,'" Pardew said. "And he assured me of that. That is the most important message I can give Newcastle fans today. I talked to Mike 15 minutes ago to clarify that and he was pretty clear. The money will be Andy's legacy to the team."

March 29: Alan Pardew appears on a Radio Newcastle phone in, where he is asked if United will spend the £35million received for Andy Carroll. "I'm as sure as I can be that we will," says Pardew.

August 12: Pardew says the money received for Jose Enrique will be spent on the team.

February 2: Newcastle sell Andy Carroll for £35million, but Alan Pardew assures the Newcastle support that money will be spent on the squad. "I said to Mike: 'Look, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it,'" Pardew said. "And he assured me of that. That is the most important message I can give Newcastle fans today. I talked to Mike 15 minutes ago to clarify that and he was pretty clear. The money will be Andy's legacy to the team."

March 29: Alan Pardew appears on a Radio Newcastle phone in, where he is asked if United will spend the £35million received for Andy Carroll. "I'm as sure as I can be that we will," says Pardew.

August 12: Pardew says the money received for Jose Enrique will be spent on the team.

Being sceptical is fine, we certainly should be, I just don't see that Pardew should be vilified for saying those things when there is little else he can say.

It's down to the board in the end as always.

Being sceptical is fine, we certainly should be, I just don't see that Pardew should be vilified for saying those things when there is little else he can say.

he shouldnt be vilified, he should be recognised for what he is. an average manager taken on by people who's motives are money related and nothing to do with football, with the understanding that he has no say in who comes or goes.

he speaks on their behalf and picks the team,and i guarantee you 50% of the members of this board could do just as good a job.

Not to mention he knew exactly what he was getting into when he took the job, everyone did. In reality the job he took was to be a mouthpiece for some of the scummiest and clueless cunts in football. He's not doing too bad I'll give him that.

he shouldnt be vilified, he should be recognised for what he is. an average manager taken on by people who's motives are money related and nothing to do with football, with the understanding that he has no say in who comes or goes.

he speaks on their behalf and picks the team,and i guarantee you 50% of the members of this board could do just as good a job.

What twaddle. :lol:

@CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Pardew intervenes as year-long dispute over bonuses between board & players finally resolved at #NUFC thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foot… (subscribers)

48 seconds ago

Maybe I'm being blind by not seeing this, but has anyone posted this or the Chronicle article? Don't see it on the Chronicle site.

For the record if that was aimed at me, I'm not defending our curent situation. I am, however, defending Pardew. I don't believe he's done much wrong really, and it's beyond irritating people picking apart every quote when in reality there's not a great deal wrong / or anything we didn't already know in them.

For the record, I hadn’t even read your post.  Mine was aimed at posters in general who are yet again sticking up for the club and do so at every possibility.  We’ve known for the best part of 8 months that Enrique would probably leave this summer yet here we are.  The day before the season kicks off and Enrique is off and we start without a recognised left-back.  The defence of the club makes no sense and seems to be done regardless of what happens, it’s as if some of the posters are running on auto pilot.

You could say that about most managers in English football tbh. We have paid massive salaries to some of the biggest con merchants in the game, like Souness and Fat Sam, then there was Gullitt. Why do you think so few managers last more than a year or two?

@CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Pardew intervenes as year-long dispute over bonuses between board & players finally resolved at #NUFC thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foot… (subscribers)

48 seconds ago

Maybe I'm being blind by not seeing this, but has anyone posted this or the Chronicle article? Don't see it on the Chronicle site.

The Journal had a story on it today, think someone said the Chronic will do a piece on it tomorrow.

Very good bit of diplomacy from Pardew by all accounts as it seems to have impacted board/player relations for quite some time now. :thup: