Alan Pardew

JH

@CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Pardew intervenes as year-long dispute over bonuses between board & players finally resolved at #NUFC thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foot (subscribers)

48 seconds ago

Was in Journal I think

Maybe I'm being blind by not seeing this, but has anyone posted this or the Chronicle article? Don't see it on the Chronicle site.

I'm happy with Pardew in the respect that I think he is as good as we are likely to get under Ashley.

As has been jokingly referred to in the past, next in line could easily be someone of the calibre of Dave Bassett.

Ashley will never employ a manager of the type that the fans would want, so for now, I am forcing myself to be happy that Pardew is probably the best option that we could have.

Grim days :(

With every day that passes the bigger a joke Alan Pardew being 'in charge' of Newcastle United, becomes. Lose to the mackems (which I believe we will) then there will be no hiding place for him. Any amount of meaningless wafffle won't save him.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Think most managers in England still have the final say (or at least some say) on transfers. Pards clearly doesn't.

Carr has come out and said emphatically that all he and the scouts do is put names forward, then organise trips for the manager to see the players play. That's as far as their involvement goes, it is then up to the money men, with the final say going to Pardew.

Is Carr now also part of your imagined cabal of liars at the club?

Wut.

Pardew certainly has no say when it comes to outgoing transfers, that much is clear.

It's pointless even discussing the managers influence at the club though while we have these muppets at the helm. The best we can hope for is a decent coach. Is Pardew a decent coach? Probably not.

That was a reasonable 'Wut' to that line tbf. :lol:

Pardew has a say in outgoing transfers, just very little when it comes to the big one's or transfer disputes. Again, I think that is fairly standard across the board.

I do believe he has a good degree of control and the final say in all incoming transfers. Just my opinion of course, but the players he has brought in are not randoms, they are all players that fill gaps in our squad and change the philosophy of the team quite dramatically. I believe this is something Pardew along with the scouts has put together without influence from the board.

So assuming we have or are trying for one of Pieters or M'Bengue, I guess they're the same type of full back to fit into the style of play Pardew wants. Are they both attack minded or defensively minded players?

With every day that passes the bigger a joke Alan Pardew being 'in charge' of Newcastle United, becomes. Lose to the mackems (which I believe we will) then there will be no hiding place for him. Any amount of meaningless wafffle won't save him.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Think most managers in England still have the final say (or at least some say) on transfers. Pards clearly doesn't.

Carr has come out and said emphatically that all he and the scouts do is put names forward, then organise trips for the manager to see the players play. That's as far as their involvement goes, it is then up to the money men, with the final say going to Pardew.

Is Carr now also part of your imagined cabal of liars at the club?

Wut.

Pardew certainly has no say when it comes to outgoing transfers, that much is clear.

It's pointless even discussing the managers influence at the club though while we have these muppets at the helm. The best we can hope for is a decent coach. Is Pardew a decent coach? Probably not.

That was a reasonable 'Wut' to that line tbf. :lol:

Pardew has a say in outgoing transfers, just very little when it comes to the big one's or transfer disputes. Again, I think that is fairly standard across the board.

I do believe he has a good degree of control and the final say in all incoming transfers. Just my opinion of course, but the players he has brought in are not randoms, they are all players that fill gaps in our squad and change the philosophy of the team quite dramatically. I believe this is something Pardew along with the scouts has put together without influence from the board.

So assuming we have or are trying for one of Pieters or M'Bengue, I guess they're the same type of full back to fit into the style of play Pardew wants. Are they both attack minded or defensively minded players?

Being both left backs, I'm going to go with 'defensively minded players'.

Am I right? What do I win?

Somebody on Toontastic has just posted this about Pardew.

Pardew sees himself as a sophisticated forward thinking foreign manager - trapped inside the body of a bullshitting cockney numptie.

Best assessment of him, that I've ever heard.  :thup: :lol:

Pardew sees himself as a sophisticated forward thinking foreign manager - trapped inside the body of a bullshitting cockney numptie.

So many words when lying bullshitter would have done.

So many words when lying Cockney bullshitter would have done.

:pow:

Sick of some of this shit he keeps coming out with to excuse us not being able to hold on to players, didn't realise Liverpool was a sovereign state.

:lol:

Most sovereign states have more debt and higher gearing than we do anyway right now.

Sick of some of this shit he keeps coming out with to excuse us not being able to hold on to players, didn't realise Liverpool was a sovereign state.

:lol:

Most sovereign states have more debt and higher gearing than we do anyway right now.

Either way if Liverpool comes in for a player the likelyhood of them leaving is unarguably high. Even when we were a 'big(ger)' club it took all or 20 seconds for Didi to decide to fuck off.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/13/mike-ashley-tells-pardew-to-get-a-top-ten-finish-72703-29227675/

Mike Ashley tells Pardew to get a top ten finish

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Aug 13 2011

ALAN PARDEW has been told to gain a top-10 finish by Toon owner Mike Ashley.

Pardew admitted that the board have made mistakes in the past but wants to take the club on to the next level.

The United manager kicks off the season with a home opener against Arsenal tonight determined to get off to a winning start.

And in an interview to be shown on ESPN’s Newcastle v Arsenal coverage tonight, Pardew opened up about his rapport with Ashley.

He said: “I didn’t really have a relationship with them when I first came, it was reported that I had, but I hadn’t.

“It’s the same as anything, you learn the slight differences in people the more you get to know them.

“One thing I’ve learnt about Mike is that success drives him. If you look at his companies, that’s what he wants.

“And he does it in a way that sometimes can be brutal and harsh, but my job is to manage that, sometimes when he goes in that mode.

“He wants to be a top 10 team, and he wants that this year.

I say to him what I think I need and he’ll argue that, but ultimately he wants to bring success to Newcastle like he has with Sports Direct.

“Hopefully we can do that, but we’re not going to do that by paying over the odds and trying to compete with the likes of Man City. “

And Pardew added: “This is a unique club, its got history about it.

“We have owners here who have made mistakes, and therefore you can always be critical about the club, but what you can’t be critical of is the passion that’s here, that will always endure, it will endure through the players and will endure today.

“The passion in the terraces will go onto the pitch, and you’ll never beat that.”

Based on what, the fucking clueless buffon?

Cabaye reckons he was sold a vision of NUFC - I'd bet any amount of money it wasn't a "top ten finish".

He'll be thinking 'I might as well have signed for fucking Fulham'.

Pardew bringing Man City into it shows just how much of a fucking patronising bullshit merchant he is. Surprised he didn't mention Leeds for good measure.

You guys are hilariously miserable  :lol:

Am I literally the only person who doesn't see what's wrong with what he's said there?

(I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but seriously, what is actually wrong with what he said?)

FWIW I only took issue with the bit about Ashley apparently believing he is qualified to tell our manager anyfuckingthing about football.