Alan Pardew

JH

First cup-tie we've won in 90 minutes under him? (yes I know it was the 95th minute but you know what I mean)

I like the fact you knew the level of pedants that surround you here so well you had to include that. :lol: :lol:

Guest Randy Savage

Somebody on Total Sport before the Man Utd game said he was beginning to question Pardew! Wonder if the old git has changed his mind!

Guest VaVaVoom

Somebody on Total Sport before the Man Utd game said he was beginning to question Pardew! Wonder if the old git has changed his mind!

Bizarre - no one on here was.

Yes there was.

Pleb.

Pleased with him today for making the Obertan change really early in the second half and making us a better team. Just remember what happened when you're picking the team next week Alan.

Agree totally. Shame the crowd wasn't bigger and noisier to make this even more obvious.

Just a few stats on Pardew's performance as manager which for me show very conclusively that he has done a good job so far considering what he started with.

League Record:

P42, W15(36%), D15(36%), L12(28%), F61(1.45 a game), A57(1.36 a game), 12 Clean Sheets(28%)

All Competitions (After 90 mins):

P47, W16(34%), D18(38%), L13(28%), F69(1.47), A66(1.40), 12 Clean Sheets(26%)

All Competitions (Final Result):

P47, W18(38%), D15(32%), L14(30%), F73 (1.55), A69(1.47), 12 Clean Sheets(26%)

Last 38 League Games:

P38, W13 (34%), D15(39%), L10(27%), F56(1.47), A51(1.37), 11 Clean Sheets(29%)

League 2011/2012 Season:

P20, W9(45%), D6(30%), L5(25%), F29(1.45), A25(1.25), 7 Clean Sheets (35%)

I had seats right behind the dugout yesterday and Pardew was very interesting to watch.

2 things that annoyed me though was Santon was passed the ball from right to left and he had acres of space to run into (like he regulalrly did in the second half and did successfully), Pardew screamed at him to play it back 30 yards to Krul, who lumped it up and we lost the ball :undecided:

And every time Obertan did something wrong Pardew just sort of shrugged his shoulders and went 'ah well', but when Ben ARfa did he was like a man possessed ranting and raving.

I just hope he sees sense now though with Ben Arfa

I had seats right behind the dugout yesterday and Pardew was very interesting to watch.

2 things that annoyed me though was Santon was passed the ball from right to left and he had acres of space to run into (like he regulalrly did in the second half and did successfully), Pardew screamed at him to play it back 30 yards to Krul, who lumped it up and we lost the ball :undecided:

And every time Obertan did something wrong Pardew just sort of shrugged his shoulders and went 'ah well', but when Ben ARfa did he was like a man possessed ranting and raving.

He knows the characters of both players better than we do, maybe HBA needs the occasional rocket, and Obertan the arm round the shoulder? Could just be man-management.

I know what you mean, but this was ranting to himself not shouting to the players.

It was obvious it was a sort of he's let me down again sort of face if you get me? But he keeps persisitng with him, when he obviosuly knows he's poor, judging by him on the touchline.

Whereas when Ben Arfa lost the ball in comparison, it was bordering on ridiculous with how Pardew went on.

Recalling various French input on here, it's Ben Arfa that needs the arm round the shoulder sometimes - not a rocket.

Don't like the sound of Pardew's psychological profile there Guv.

:sadnod:

I might be looking too much into it, but it wasn't very nice to see tbh.

Recalling various French input on here, it's Ben Arfa that needs the arm round the shoulder sometimes - not a rocket.

Don't like the sound of Pardew's psychological profile there Guv.

:sadnod:

I might be looking too much into it, but it wasn't very nice to see tbh.

Maybe that's why HBA had the 'quiet' finger on mouth celebration? Some of the things Pardew does with HBA reminds me on Soueness & Robert although it hasn't quite gone that bad....yet

He knows the characters of both players better than we do, maybe HBA needs the occasional rocket, and Obertan the arm round the shoulder? Could just be man-management.

Could just be that he knows Obertan is shit so expects nothing any way.

Not really, I'll have another look tonight, but he said something like he went to Germany to study the way they train and why players there are better technically than English players. Says Cabaye will become a world class player and Lallana at Southampton is a great player. He said Ranger doesn't understand why he has been sent out to Barnsley, and how he prefers to bring youth players through and nurturing them in the first team

Not really, I'll have another look tonight, but he said something like he went to Germany to study the way they train and why players there are better technically than English players. Says Cabaye will become a world class player and Lallana at Southampton is a great player. He said Ranger doesn't understand why he has been sent out to Barnsley, and how he prefers to bring youth players through and nurturing them in the first team

I'd be surprised if he knew his arse from his elbow to be honest let alone understand whats going on around him