Alan Pardew

JH

Not really, I'll have another look tonight, but he said something like he went to Germany to study the way they train and why players there are better technically than English players. Says Cabaye will become a world class player and Lallana at Southampton is a great player. He said Ranger doesn't understand why he has been sent out to Barnsley, and how he prefers to bring youth players through and nurturing them in the first team

Ranger is thick as f*** then (unsurprisingly).

Recalling various French input on here, it's Ben Arfa that needs the arm round the shoulder sometimes - not a rocket.

Don't like the sound of Pardew's psychological profile there Guv.

:sadnod:

I might be looking too much into it, but it wasn't very nice to see tbh.

Maybe that's why HBA had the 'quiet' finger on mouth celebration? Some of the things Pardew does with HBA reminds me on Soueness & Robert although it hasn't quite gone that bad....yet

Total tosh. What quiet finger? He was pointing to the crowd saying that was for you, then did the same and a heart sign towards the bench (or close by in the Milburn lower) ffs.

Recalling various French input on here, it's Ben Arfa that needs the arm round the shoulder sometimes - not a rocket.

Maybe that's why HBA had the 'quiet' finger on mouth celebration? Some of the things Pardew does with HBA reminds me on Soueness & Robert although it hasn't quite gone that bad....yet

Total tosh. What quiet finger? He was pointing to the crowd saying that was for you, then did the same and a heart sign towards the bench ffs.

:thup:

Be lying if I said I've not been worried about Pardew's handling of Ben Arfa up to now but I don't think there was owt in that celebration at all. He touched his lips for about half a second, it wasn't a shushing gesture at all. Pardew's quotes about possibly playing him out wide are very welcome.

Total tosh. What quiet finger? He was pointing to the crowd saying that was for you, then did the same and a heart sign towards the bench ffs.

:thup:

Be lying if I said I've not been worried about Pardew's handling of Ben Arfa up to now but I don't think there was owt in that celebration at all. He touched his lips for about half a second, it wasn't a shushing gesture at all. Pardew's quotes about possibly playing him out wide are very welcome.

Yup, I don't think there is a problem between them particularly, other than the obvious question, why the fuck am I not getting a game when Obertan or Shola are. :lol:

A fair question now his overall fitness is looking good again, but I can see the logic behind Pardews reticence where a lot of our progress has been down to keeping us tight defensively all over the pitch. He needs to use Ba being away to unleash the lad now though, whether that is out wide (and that issue could be more down to where Ben Arfa saw himself when he joined, Pardew never totally ruled it out) or wherever. He needs to play.

I was sat just above the dugout so was metres away from Ben Arfa throughout the second half. There should be little questions about his general fitness now; his speed on the turn was phenomenal and i've rarely seen a player accelerate so well. I still wouldn't be surprised if he takes the rest of the year to get back to his absolute best (this is still a new league and club for him), but there should be no worries over match fitness. Pardew can't keep using that as an excuse now, should he not start the next game.

Fwiw, i think he will start against QPR, but probably off the front-man again.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf to Pardew its him that gave the permanent signing of Ben Arfa the go ahead when he took over as manager, but i'm not sure how Pardew will  explain Obertan starting ahead of Ben Arfa against Q.P.R after yesterdays performances from both players.

I was sat just above the dugout so was metres away from Ben Arfa throughout the second half. There should be little questions about his general fitness now; his speed on the turn was phenomenal and i've rarely seen a player accelerate so well. I still wouldn't be surprised if he takes the rest of the year to get back to his absolute best (this is still a new league and club for him), but there should be no worries over match fitness. Pardew can't keep using that as an excuse now, should he not start the next game.

Not sure he does anymore does he?

He said that Ben Arfa wasn't ready to start games about a week ago, didn't he? Or has time just flown...?

I look at Santon who has had to be patient. He came into the football club for a big fee and didn’t moan, got on with it and got on with his work.

£5m. :lol:

In terms of full-backs, not many outside of the top 6 clubs go for more tbf.

Enrique was only 7m as well. Think Santon has been expensive for our standards.

We sold Enrique for ~£6m and bought Santon for less than that so it wasn't expensive by our standards at all.

For the player himself it's a different thing. If you know you've been bought for £5m, it's probably just about enough to put a bit of pressure on you, especially as a young lad - so i know what Pardew's getting at.

He said that Ben Arfa wasn't ready to start games about a week ago, didn't he? Or has time just flown...?

I thought he was getting at the other parts of the game HBA needs to work on to fit into the team and get games rather than his actual fitness though. Could be wrong like. :lol:

I thought he was getting at the other parts of the game HBA needs to work on to fit into the team and get games rather than his actual fitness though. Could be wrong like. :lol:

Well, either way. Whether it's a tactical thing or a fitness thing, Ben Arfa is 'ready' for this team so Pardew can't mention anything like that again, imo.

So far Pardew has done his job, and more. Kept us up by a good margin last season, and has pushed us on this season. If we finish where we currently are it's massive progress in my eyes. One or two spots higher up. Tremendous progress. He has had limited funds but the club are moving towards going into positive figures when we call it end of season and hopefully he will be more backed in the future windows.

I do agree with some on here that he is kind of cowordly at times, but thats what he think is best and he should do what he think is best. Atleast until proven he's not right.

We sold Enrique for ~£6m and bought Santon for less than that so it wasn't expensive by our standards at all.

For the player himself it's a different thing. If you know you've been bought for £5m, it's probably just about enough to put a bit of pressure on you, especially as a young lad - so i know what Pardew's getting at.

???

As for the £5m pounds being "just enough" to put a bit of pressure on you...wow, would love our players to have your self-confidence. What kind of price level would have you a little bit wary about not being considered a "waste of money" if you don't set the league alight in your first few months?