Alan Pardew

JH

TBF to Pardew he bought Green, Ashton, Reo Coker and Benayoun amongst others when at WHU so he may have an eye for youngish talent. The latter two sold for big profit and the former two would go for a profit if sold/not retired. [/wheresthemstraws?]

There is nothing Pardew offers. He's never offered anything in the past, he won't give us anything right now and he's not going to improve in the future.

We may as well be appointing a corpse if we go for him. Hope to god he's not chosen, he's utterly shit at everything.

Its a yes man he wants. Hasnt someone said Pardew is freinds with Llambias? It would make sense. It blatently looks to me that he wants someone who will not protest at potential player sales, minimum transfer money and team interference. Hughton wasnt sacked based on the football, but that he would have been banging on Ashleys door asking for more financial support, and would have protested at player sales, and they want the cosy Joe Kinnear type scenario back.

Guest WashyGeordie

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-believes-he-is-front-runner-to-be-Newcastle-boss-as-the-Geordies-prepare-to-hand-their-latest-manager-a-long-term-deal-article646989.html

Alan Pardew believes he is front-runner to be Newcastle boss - as the Geordies prepare to hand their latest manager a “long term” deal.

Owner Mike Ashley wants his new boss to buy into his vision for the club, including working on a tight transfer budget and buying young stars.

Former West Ham and Southampton chief Pardew, who is currently in Germany on a coaching course, has told friends he is ready to step into the St James' Park hot-seat.

Martin Jol, who quit as Ajax chief on Monday, hours after Hughton’s exit, surprised Newcastle with his sudden availability but ruled himself out yesterday because of his friendship with Hughton, who was his No2 at Spurs.

Alan Curbishley also indicated yesterday that he was not interested in the job, and Alan Shearer has said he is definitely not a candidate.

Newcastle want a boss in place by Friday, in time for the clash with Liverpool at the weekend, and have already spoken to their “leading candidate” to pave the way. Further talks are planned for today.

Ashley and MD Derek Llambias removed Hughton because they regarded him as a good coach, but not a figurehead boss who could lead the club long term.

Having made the decisive but controversial move of dumping Hughton, Ashley is ready to pledge to put the club on a stable footing for years to come by announcing improved financial results soon.

Pardew had three years as West Ham boss, failed to make a huge impact at Charlton and was sacked by Southampton in August amid rumours of low morale among staff and players.

:(

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to play or work for this club - it sounds so joyless. 

I often  hear how the normal staff are very unhappy with the atmosphere around the place.  I guess the players can cocoon themselves against it but unless they have an affinity with the club, why would anyone sign for us other than as a stepping stone to another club.  At least the players felt they had Hughton on their side and who put them first before himself - the way this appointment is looking, you cannot imagine they are going to have much trust in the new manager whoever he is.

Despite the performance at West Brom, at the weekend I was confident that we'd stay up.  Now I think it'll be touch and go whether we get relegated or not.

I can't get this spiteful sabotage theory out of my head now.  Is there a precedent for this?  Where an owner has fucked over a club out of spite rather than incompetence?

I just can't come to terms with this shit tbh.  The possibility of Jol coming calmed me down a bit yesterday, but I'm fuming again.  There was just no need for this man.

That the appointment will meet with an at best lukewarm reception from supporters who are still coming to terms with the shock departure of the popular Hughton is something of an

under-statement.

Did someone from here write that? :lol: