Alan Pardew

JH

I'm not sure we would have got the results we did against Liverpool and Wigan if CH had still been in charge. Of course we'll never know for sure ?

It just seemed that his team were no longer up for it and his final game against WBA - who were poor themselves - they just handed the points over.

Hughton did a wonderful job for this football club and will never be forgotten but maybe getting rid was a very brave and timely decision despite being universally unpopular.

I would be tempted to put the slight drop-off in form down to the moral-lowering effect of Hughton's impending sacking, rather than the fact the players weren't playing for him anymore.

That might be tempting, but how does that fit in with the apparent shock from the players when he was disposed of?

TBH it doesn't really, although we never know how much faith to put in public statements.

Maybe Hughton knew he was about to be axed and his own day-to-day motivation slipped a bit. Couldn't blame him if that was the case.

I'm not sure we would have got the results we did against Liverpool and Wigan if CH had still been in charge. Of course we'll never know for sure ?

It just seemed that his team were no longer up for it and his final game against WBA - who were poor themselves - they just handed the points over.

Hughton did a wonderful job for this football club and will never be forgotten but maybe getting rid was a very brave and timely decision despite being universally unpopular.

I would be tempted to put the slight drop-off in form down to the moral-lowering effect of Hughton's impending sacking, rather than the fact the players weren't playing for him anymore.

That might be tempting, but how does that fit in with the apparent shock from the players when he was disposed of?

TBH it doesn't really, although we never know how much faith to put in public statements.

Maybe Hughton knew he was about to be axed and his own day-to-day motivation slipped a bit. Couldn't blame him if that was the case.

He said that it came as a shock to him.

From the outside looking in, I'd say he's done a steady if not spectacular job so far. It'll take a lot more to convince me he's cut out for being a relative success in this league however it doesn't appear he's made many mistakes, so credit where credit's due. You've had some tough games under his stewardship but, perhaps a lack of a go at Spurs aside, you've done pretty well. You were the better team against City, as well.

He's talked a good game as well from what I've read which, although not the most important part of football, is encouraging to see.

Im neither a lover nor a hater but why do so many people seem desperate for him to fail?

I'm desperate for him to succeed. Doesn't mean I have to like him or love him like some already do (equally as unreasonable).

I dislike the way he got the job and dislike the way he was painted as a step up when he clearly wasn't.

But I really hope he succeeds and if he's to be our next long-term manager....then so be it. As long as we improve each season.

He doesn't irritate me as much as I thought he would when being interviewed.

agree (not sure about the interview part though)

I hated everything about him when he was at West Ham tbh.

I can remember quite rating him at West Ham, not sure why now like!

tbh i rated him even earlier this season after he got the sack at southampton, then i sort of forgot about him

Our last two away games under Hughton were awful, I liked the man but there was a sense that something was wrong in those games. We had absolutely zero fight about us.

:thup:

Hmm, can't say I've witnessed much "fight" in the couple of games we've gone behind in during the Pardinator's reign (obviously they were against better opposition).

Our last two away games under Hughton were awful, I liked the man but there was a sense that something was wrong in those games. We had absolutely zero fight about us.

Hmm, can't say I've witnessed much "fight" in the couple of games we've gone behind in during the Pardinator's reign (obviously they were against better opposition).

You didn't watch the Citeh game then, shame. It was a decent match to watch :thup:

I think Pards is very lucky he has a very good dressing room already in place and a decent team spirit amongst the players. If he came in to a situation like the relegation season things would have already been going tits up imo.

Players deserve a lot of credit.

You didn't watch the Citeh game then, shame. It was a decent match to watch :thup:

Would say we showed much more fight in the corresponding away fixture, but I suppose things weren't "wrong" for whatever reason then?

Assuming we win this match a very creditable start. Two very nice training ground set pieces in the last two games too. Nothing earth shattering by any means, but a positive start that could have gone horribly.

Assuming we win this match a very creditable start. Two very nice training ground set pieces in the last two games too. Nothing earth shattering by any means, but a positive start that could have gone horribly.

We lost the games we expected to, and we've won the games we weren't winning. Whether that's down to Pardew coming in or whether it would have happened under Hughton, we'll never know, but so far, very good.

We lost the games we expected to, and we've won the games we weren't winning. Whether that's down to Pardew coming in or whether it would have happened under Hughton, we'll never know, but so far, very good.