Alan Pardew

JH

Huge respect for Pardew.

I know that it takes time to react and adapt players to tactics and vice versa. I think that he has persevered with his beliefs and I am a fan.

We can challenge his man management from time to time but I see huge dividends being paid.

Huge respect for Pardew.

I know that it takes time to react and adapt players to tactics and vice versa. I think that he has persevered with his beliefs and I am a fan.

We can challenge his man management from time to time but I see huge dividends being paid.

Plus we go into the summer on a huge high, with some major stability for the first time in a good while. Don't need to spend massively in the summer to really improve the squad. Think we'll see the benefit of the strong position we're in during the transfer window.

Guest ToonZA

I'm absolutely delighted with his turnaround; he has been really positive these last two games, and it's fantastic to see.  :aww:

:thup:

Him and the boys made my day today, elated!! Any more of this and he will bee adding another fan to his list.

Very well played from the gaffer today.

IMO he must make it his number 1 priority this summer to work on a solid attacking strategy to take us into next season. He must convince all of our big name players that if we play to their best abilities, plus with the addition of a couple of astute signings, the sky's the limit. And it starts with the remaining games. He must give the players the self belief that they can fulfill their professional dreams at NUFC. If he does this well, and adds 2 or 3 good players to the squad, we can avoid dramatic transfer saga's in the summer, and have a good pre-season.

Guest ToonZA

His trademark to bring Shola on in the last 20 minutes is something I f***ing love :lol:

Shola's cameo appearances these days is like watching George Weah in his prime  :)

Playing these 3 upfront has transformed us. We're playing with pace and intelligence and our use of the ball is much better. Credit to Pardew, he's got them going and if we cash in on the next 4 fixtures it would be tremendous.

His trademark to bring Shola on in the last 20 minutes is something I f***ing love :lol:

Shola's cameo appearances these days is like watching George Weah in his prime  :)

That take from a clearance was amazing. Killed the ball like he was Pele :lol:

Playing these 3 upfront has transformed us. We're playing with pace and intelligence and our use of the ball is much better. Credit to Pardew, he's got them going and if we cash in on the next 4 fixtures it would be tremendous.

Exactly, always a player available to pass too, much less hoofing.

Don't think solved issue of width though, think we were lucky a bit bellamy didn't get a goal or set one up.

Perfect role for Shola tbf

Seems he's getting the message, finally. Well done to him today, very attacking team, went for it and got what he deserved. Do the same in the next four games, and close up in the last 3 and play for draws and it's job done.

Exactly, always a player available to pass too, much less hoofing.

Don't think solved issue of width though, think we were lucky a bit bellamy didn't get a goal or set one up.

Aye, but we weren't playing with a proper left-back, so it's understandable. I'm sure we'll address that in the summer and gradually Santon should take over the right-back spot. Two good fullbacks should go some way to solving that issue next season.

Hats off to him. Could've went safe, could've tried to protect the back four but he kept faith in our flair players and went with a bold team selection. It paid off. I do think he's wanted to go down this route for a while, but only since Cisse has arrived we've really had the players to go 433 (remember when he tried it with Best and co a month or two ago?)

Today's front 6 (maybe with Jonas for Guthrie) combined with a new LB, Santon RB and a solid CH to support Tayls and Colo and we're looking very well set for next season.

Unbelievable turnaround really.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I think he's done very well, but I think I would've preferred him to end jonas' rape before dalglish kindly did it for him. Bellamy terrorised jonas in the first half and we were desperate for santon to come on for Guthrie with jonas moved into centre-mid. We got away with it, but it was really uncomfortable in the first-half down our left

Guest Phil K

"Speak as ye find" it says in the bible (I think) so let it be with Pards.

Ditto with James "Born Again" Perch.

Thumbs up to both.

This new formation really gets the best out of all our players bar Ba's finishing. But if we are going to keep this formation for next year we need more attacking players. Not only to switch it up a little, but also because we ain't got that many quality players of the order required to play this brand of footie.

Guest BooBoo

Gets the best out of players who looked cack not so long ago. Its maaaad. Perchy, Raylor, Besty etc...

One of his success stories is the huge improvements he's got out of our squad players. Perch's recent form is incredible considering his nightmare start for us.