Alan Pardew

JH

Guest thenorthumbrian

I think the reasonable quality and good spirit of the players at United will see us through this season.

I worry about what will happen when Pardew puts his own stamp on the club.

He has no record of being able to build a good premier team.   

Mourinho quote about Benzema with Higuain being out...

"Sometimes you need to go hunting and you don't have your dog, but you do have a cat," Mr. Mourinho said, turning zoological about Mr. Benzema's role. "So you take your cat hunting. It's better than hunting alone."  :lol:

that's really out of order, Benzema is a really talented young player you just needs faith and confidence shown in him but when i see him play lately he looks s*** scared of making a mistake and is always looking towards the bench in fear of Jose.  Mourinho is an amazing manager but thats a souness-like comment there.

He doesn't care, he's getting a new striker in a couple of weeks anyway.

He backpedalled later, saying that when he said "playing with the cat" he meant playing with a 451 since he only had a striker, and was less aggressive than the 442 "dog" tactic.

Also, last ITK infro from the Madrid rags say that the board has told Mou there won't be another striker, unless Higuaín's injury is more serious than expected.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I think the reasonable quality and good spirit of the players at United will see us through this season.

I agree

Not that im expecting much from the guy, but in all fairness he's never really had a proper chance to build a good Premier League team.

As long as he doesn't dismantle this team just for the hell of 'stamping his mark', he should be fine if he just adds what's needed to simplly build upon the core group of fairly good players.

Also, sounds like Pardew is fully on board with Ashley's plans regarding signings and building slowly with young/bargain players.

If that's Ashley's plan, then far better to have a manager who is going to do his best to make it work than one who will cause aggro about signings he's not able to make.

Also, sounds like Pardew is fully on board with Ashley's plans regarding signings and building slowly with young/bargain players.

You would like to think so as Ashley only hired the f***er about week ago.

At some point Pargoo will want cash...he will knock on the door and ask for money.  Every manager has ambtion and will want to improve the squad.

He will be jacked just like the rest.

Ashley and his specky gimp need to realise every manager will always want to improve the squad and not sell his best players.

At some point Pargoo will want cash...he will knock on the door and ask for money.  Every manager has ambtion and will want to improve the squad.

Ashley and his specky gimp need to realise every manager will always want to improve the squad and not sell his best players.

Don't know if it's deliberate, but you're taking the argument to stupid extremes here.

There's no suggestion that Pardew will be forced to sell his best players, there's no evidence to suggest that at all.

Also, signings will continue to be made under the existing criteria... lesser-known, younger players with something to prove who can be obtained at a cheap price. Pardew must have accepted this situation - if he gets sacked for objecting later then it's his own fault IMO.

You've just got hope they've been open and honest with AP when telling him what the future is going to be about, no matter how bad, and he's agreed to work within those constraints.

I personally don't think we will sell our top players (unless they want to go) I just think we won't buy any either and it will be a case of trying to spot them early and bring them in to the club to develop.

Don't know if it's deliberate, but you're taking the argument to stupid extremes here.

There's no suggestion that Pardew will be forced to sell his best players, there's no evidence to suggest that at all.

Also, signings will continue to be made under the existing criteria... lesser-known, younger players with something to prove who can be obtained at a cheap price. Pardew must have accepted this situation - if he gets sacked for objecting later then it's his own fault IMO.

Every manager on a low budget has to make tuff choices on who they sell and who they keep to balance the books.  And every manager will always argue to keep his best players (usually on the highest wages).

I dont see how thats a stupid extreme, its whats gone on for years with just about every football club  :lol:

Well that's not what you said though, you said that he would want money that Ashley wasn't prepared to give him, and that he would be forced to sell his best players.

That's totally different from what you just posted, which is that he will have to make tough choices (which I agree with).

???

I think money will be available.  If Ashley see a return on that investment then more money will be appear. If ashley loses trust in him like the insider quotes on houton implied then knocking on the door is going to achieve little.  I hope pardew makes some good choices early on.

I think Ashley will probably promise him money on the agreement that £x a week is shifted off the wage bill by the close of the summer window. By this, I mean selling Smith and maybe a few like Best and R.Taylor.

A championship team will probably take Best. R.Taylor is injured till ~March anyway so if we can sell him, it'll be the summer, and I think a lower PL/Championship team would take him.

As for Smith, I'm praying there's some manager out there dense enough to want him.

Can't see Smith leaving until his contract expires. He's shit, doesn't seem to bothered about not starting and is on a ridiculous wage. He wins, we lose. No other team will anywhere near match that wage for what they are getting.

Can't see Smith leaving until his contract expires. He's s***, doesn't seem to bothered about not starting and is on a ridiculous wage. He wins, we lose. No other team will anywhere near match that wage for what they are getting.

I was thinking big Sam would have taken him now he is here for long or fatty Sam gets another job...

Guest Stephen927

If Smith is gonna be shifted it'll be in the next 2 windows. I don't think Hughton would ever have moved him on until his deal ran out, Smith is apparently a good influence in the dressing room.