Alan Pardew

JH

Yes, yes, Saylor is an arselicker etc.. etc.. :hmm:

Massive. If I was Pardew and I knew his track record I'd be embarrassed...

Well, going on that track record, if I were Pardew i'd certainly be worried if Taylor didn't pipe up; but you can't deny he seems to be hitting the right notes with the players and in the press so far.

No mean feat considering his starting point, and long may it continue. :thup:

No, they don't. It's almost like there's an all-out propaganda push to make the fans like the previously-hated new guy.

We'll see if all this talk is borne out by transfer activity, contract reviews and performances.

It's arselicking, most players speak out about the a manager's training methods and how great they are. It's just a case of getting in the new boss' good books, happens at every club. Quotes 2 weeks after the manager's arrived mean nothing the majority of the time tbh.

No, they don't. It's almost like there's an all-out propaganda push to make the fans like the previously-hated new guy.

We'll see if all this talk is borne out by transfer activity, contracts and performances.

Well then I'm fricken disgusted, especially seeing Enrique being the trailblazing part of this propaganda push.

He's gone down well down in my.... mutter.... mutter.... :angry:

Plenty of top clubs are rumoured to be sniffing round Andy Carroll with figures of £20m being bandied about by clubs not quite in that bracket like Spurs. Should be interesting to see how Ashley and his muppet deal with having money thrown at them for a valuable asset.

The last thing we want is for your work to reflect the history of the club you stupid fuck!! :lol:

As long as it reflects our history pre 70's I'd be ecstatic with that (fuckit I'd be really happy with early 90's even) :)

So far,what I have heard from Pardew has been encouraging. He is certainly talking a good game, anyway. We'll see if Ashley backs him in respect of holding onto/extending the better player's contracts, which seems to be Pardew's focus at the moment. Am beginning to think his confident personality might be a good fit and go down well in the boardroom; and that maybe he will fight his corner with these characters. Anyway, talk is cheap. The window will show whether he's taken Ashley with him or not.

The sad thing is that we're all warming to him now because of the afterglow of the Liverpool result but the second we drop points we'll be mauling him like a pack of wolverines.

Not particularly, in my case anyway. :lol:

The sad thing is that we're all warming to him now because of the afterglow of the Liverpool result but the second we drop points we'll be mauling him like a pack of wolverines.

Not particularly, in my case anyway. :lol:

I've realized that I'm just another mong because I honestly can't despise him to the degree that I did before the result. :lol:

My mates keep telling me I love Pardew because of that result and how happy I was after the match. I don't care who the manager is, if we win, it's a great feeling. Doesn't mean I've warmed to him anymore.

I think Pardew's relationship with the Board is bound to be a bit different. Ashley has stuck his neck out and taken a risk, going against all popular judgement. He's the manager that Ashley has singled out as his choice, whereas every other manager has been someone that he's had to accept through circumstances. Ashley has double the reason for not wanting Pardew to fail.

You could say that Keegan was also Ashley's choice, but he was brought in at a point of emergency, with the flawed logic that he would keep the support onside whilst the slow process of rebuilding began. It was a choice based on what had happened in the past, and lacked courage.