Alan Pardew

JH

100% responsible for the result today.

:lol:

Bollocks.

Negative formation, picking Perch despite other options, picking Smith despite other options, no attacking game play, too slow to make subs when they went down to 10 men and bizarre subs when he made them.

Bollocks line-up and bollocks substitutions. Didn't have one fucking clue today.

hughton probably would have put out the same lineup tbh

I honestly doubt it, and i'm not being all 'Hughton is God'. I really don't think he'd have put out that team.

In only three matches he's managed to remove almost every positive element that Hughton had going on - he's moved Barton back inside despite his best performances being on the wing, gone back to one up front instead of trying Ranger, split up our best-performing defence partnership, and turned us into a long-ball side.

Great stuff.

Was really wanting to give him a chance, but we've lost 2 games that were there for the taking.

We've now got one tactic, launch it up to the big man and hope that someone has made a 40 yard run to be within 20 yards of him.

Next 2 games are huge, must win at Wigan and a game that is looking all the more of a potential loss in the FA Cup. Lose these and I think he may be gone by the end of Jan - unless Ashley really is intent on fucking us up at his own expense

Bollocks line-up and bollocks substitutions. Didn't have one fucking clue today.

hughton probably would have put out the same lineup tbh

I honestly doubt it, and i'm not being all 'Hughton is God'. I really don't think he'd have put out that team.

maybe lovenkrands starting but don't think it would have been much different

In only three matches he's managed to remove almost every positive element that Hughton had going on - he's moved Barton back inside despite his best performances being on the wing, gone back to one up front instead of trying Ranger, split up our best-performing defence partnership, and turned us into a long-ball side.

Great stuff.

When you put it like that, I can't wait for the rest of the season. Europa League places, easily.

Great stuff.

It's early days but this is it in a nutshell. The Taylor-Colo thing is particularly ridiculous because it's not a 'heat of the moment' decision. He clearly sees it as the best long-term partnership, hence the long contract, when Willicini was a lot better. I'm fucking bored of Steven Taylor.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great stuff.

Ameobi being out has had a lot to do with the shape tbh

I think he would have stuck to the Liverpool side if he had the opportunity to

Guest Heneage

Pointless blaming him his squad is so thin in terms of quality.

What about his tactics and subs?

What options does he even have? A young striker who has scored 2 goals in 30 plus games, a 31 year old who needs the time and space of a reversing Eddie Stobart truck to score and Xisco who apparently isn't even worth a go.

Out wide we have 3 recognised wingers one of whom has a broken leg meaning we can't change that. We've got no real cover at fullback and Barton is the best and only real creative midfielder. The squad needs a mini overhaul come the summer.

Shocking stuff today. We saw the tendencies against Liverpool, but the last two games have been horrible one-route football. If Carroll isn't winning everything in the air, we're creating nowt. Embarrassing how we've gone from being very decent at keeping possession to this garbage.

Was really wanting to give him a chance, but we've lost 2 games that were there for the taking.

We've now got one tactic, launch it up to the big man and hope that someone has made a 40 yard run to be within 20 yards of him.

Next 2 games are huge, must win at Wigan and a game that is looking all the more of a potential loss in the FA Cup. Lose these and I think he may be gone by the end of Jan - unless Ashley really is intent on f***ing us up at his own expense

Lets put this in the proper context: we lost two games against two sides who are infinitely better and who we will not be in direct competition with us for anything for the forseeable future.

Pardew's not helping, of course.