Alan Pardew

JH

I think we need a new poll now that more of Pardew's lies have been revealed.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/97/lolqueow3.jpg

Pardew may be telling the truth, fits in with Carroll's statement as well. Too many people looking for a reason to blame Ashley.

It fits far too well with Ashley's earlier behaviour to not blame him. He always sells the best players towards the end of the transfer window, failing to replace them.

Pardew may be telling the truth, fits in with Carroll's statement as well. Too many people looking for a reason to blame Ashley.

It fits far too well with Ashley's earlier behaviour to not blame him. He always sells the best players towards the end of the transfer window, failing to replace them.

Apart from Milner I'm struggling. Even then he probably wasn't one of our better players.

I trust Pardew on this, and if what he says is true, then the club have acted the way I would expect them to.

Sorry Andy, you can't expect to get a new contract when you've just signed a five year deal three months ago. Now go and batter someone and get locked up you greedy cunt.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Trust Pardew?

Is this the same sweet innocent that knew 'absolutely nothing at all, honest guv' about nicking Hughton's job while his odds were inexplicably (then, anyway) tumbling at the bookies, who's only on very occasional nodding terms with Lambias from the charidee do's he goes to, and who won't sell Carroll for any amount?

Or is it the lying devious bugger with a terrible reputation from his previous clubs?

I trusted Keegan. I trusted Bobby. I even trusted Gullit as an honourable man, despite him fecking up - he never took a penny in compensation out of the club. I trusted Hughton. I don't trust this slimy wideboy - for the simple reason, every time he opens his mouth a load of b*llsh*t comes out.

Pardew.

Is this the same sweet innocent that knew 'absolutely nothing at all, honest guv' about nicking Hughton's job while his odds were inexplicably (then, anyway) tumbling at the bookies, who's only on very occasional nodding terms with Lambias from the charidee do's he goes to, and who won't sell Carroll for any amount?

Or is it the lying devious bugger with a terrible reputation from his previous clubs?

The guy with no experience of managing a big club, no right to be considered an option for our job - but odds on favourite from the minute CH was fired.

Yep, that's the fella.

Lovely bloke, I believe everything he says - there's no question of his honesty. No, No, No.

I believe everything Pardew's saying. The only doubts i have is about the last bit, about it all going back into the club. The only way we'll know that for certain is if we spend £35m in the summer.

I get the feeling it's going to be a tedious, tedious summer.

we'd have to spend at least 50 million to make this worthwhile imo, unless you'd have been happy with a net spend of nowt in the summer with carroll still here?

I would imagine even if we spent all £35million, quite a lot of that will be set aside for wages and signing on fees etc. Although with the new low wage structure and the Sky tv money we shouldn't really need to factor that in.

So club line.. he wanted more money to match what Liverpool offered him we said no so he handed in a transfer request.. kind of fits with Carroill's they kind of pushed me out bollocks.

What offer from liverpool? They shouldn't have been in a position to offer Carroll anything if we had n't accepted an offer from them.

So club line.. he wanted more money to match what Liverpool offered him we said no so he handed in a transfer request.. kind of fits with Carroill's they kind of pushed me out bollocks.

What offer from liverpool? They shouldn't have been in a position to offer Carroll anything if we had n't accepted an offer from them.

They can offer his agent whatever they want, with or without permission, agent then speaks to his client.

All this "he lied" "no he lied" stuff is a load of shite to be honest.

BOTH parties are equally to blame. The club could have turned down both the bid and the transfer request. But Carroll, who says he loves the club blah blah blah, DID NOT have to hand in a transfer request.

Both are shithouses in my opinion.

Guest johnson293

I fail to see how anyone can blame Pardew in all of this. Of course he didn't want him to leave. Of course he wanted to get a replacement. Problem is, when things are dictated by either a dodgy owner or a greedy player, the manager has very little say.

To say he is a liar is flipping ridiculous!

:clap:

Keegan had the same done to him over Milner - repeatedly claimed he wasn't for sale days/hours before his £12m move to Villa. Then, he came out and said it was his decision to sell him. Was KK lying too? and if he was, which bit? the not for sale, or it being his decision?

From twitter of press conference -

Alan Pardew -

My take: when I 1st heard bid from Lpool at 8, my advice was to turn down. Reaction space was too small. at first MA and DL agreed with that.

We'll miss him as player & character. Some of the things he's saying are misguided

we didn't force him onto the helicopter.

power shifted when he said he wanted to negotiate contract now, not the summer.

we have got an extraordinary figure. If Andy wanted to stay, he could have. Fact is he isn't here.

what are we going to do between now & end of season? We - as a group - need to answer it emphatically

we made couple of bids last night: extortionate prices quoted

as I sit here now I'm weaker. Am I comfortable? It is what it is.

Carroll 4-5 weeks away from fitness. Nothing was said to him about forcing him out...

Got to build club with sustainable future.. It's not just about AC. If we gave him a new contract, where does it end? Got to draw a line

We never tried to sell him. Never.

I was involved in decision process - but decision was a balanced one. Wanted him to stay - didn't want media scrum but events took over, we'll use the money to buy '2 or 3'

mood here is not great. We've lost a friend & a good player. There's disillusionment in everyone here - you can't hide that. there's a streak in us that wants to show we can cope without him.

Ireland back in 2 weeks - deal makes sure he's fit to play. We hope to bring him back to his best - somebody I feel needs his confidence rebuilding

Alan Pardew -

My take: when I 1st heard bid from Lpool at 8, my advice was to turn down. Reaction space was too small. at first MA and DL agreed with that.

We'll miss him as player & character. Some of the things he's saying are misguided

we have got an extraordinary figure. If Andy wanted to stay, he could have. Fact is he isn't here.

what are we going to do between now & end of season? We - as a group - need to answer it emphatically

Carroll 4-5 weeks away from fitness. Nothing was said to him about forcing him out...

Got to build club with sustainable future.. It's not just about AC. If we gave him a new contract, where does it end? Got to draw a line

I was involved in decision process - but decision was a balanced one. Wanted him to stay - didn't want media scrum but events took over, we'll use the money to buy '2 or 3'

mood here is not great. We've lost a friend & a good player. There's disillusionment in everyone here - you can't hide that. there's a streak in us that wants to show we can cope without him.

Ireland back in 2 weeks - deal makes sure he's fit to play. We hope to bring him back to his best - somebody I feel needs his confidence rebuilding

I feel (kind of) sorry for Pardew. He has to get his team motivated to go out and play but also has to deal with a whole load of shit that had very little to do with him and he certainly didn't want.

Alan Pardew -

I feel (kind of) sorry for Pardew. He has to get his team motivated to go out and play but also has to deal with a whole load of shit that had very little to do with him and he certainly didn't want.

You get into bed with sharks you get bitten. He knew what he was doing.

Alan Pardew -

This, if he came into this job genuinely thinking things would be plain sailing, he's arguably the most naive person in the history of football.

Personally...I think they will be fine. I don't see them as being so fragile that the team spirit will disappear over this.

But this too. Team spirit is the biggest thing about this team right now, can't see it deteriorating that quickly.

Alan Pardew -

This, if he came into this job genuinely thinking things would be plain sailing, he's arguably the most naive person in the history of football.

Personally...I think they will be fine. I don't see them as being so fragile that the team spirit will disappear over this.

But this too. Team spirit is the biggest thing about this team right now, can't see it deteriorating that quickly.

He needed a job and he'd have been a mug to pass up this opportunity due to sympathy for anyone else. He's got 35million to play with in the summer unless he's lying. Hardly the worst position to be in as long as we stay up.