Alan Pardew

JH

And plenty more we could and should have lost, Blackpool away being a clear example.

I thought Blackpool were barely better than us tbh. Fair enough they hit the post, but did Krul have to make many saves that day? I have to ask as I was quite p*ssed. :lol:

Krul didn't make many saves from what I remember like but Blackpool f***ing raped us that game.

Clearly not, that's primarily what I was responding to. :lol:

You don't think the players are good enough despite claiming we've only had 4 bad games in 22.

What on earth are you going on about now? As i've already said, twice, Pardew's got the best out of his players.

Blame the players for the bad games, praise Pardew for the good games.

Now I get it.

I never even mentioned the good ones. :lol:

So you're actually saying Pardew got the best out of his players against, for example, Stoke and Villa?

That would be up there with your "Pardew speaks the truth most times" nonsense.

Is this you hobby, putting words in my mouth?

Just give up, man. You're a confused and biased little boy who can't wait for Pardew to fail. We get it.

I just put it down as a freak event.

The brilliance of the second half performance balances out the terrible showing in the first.

I wonder what changed in the 2nd half.   :lol:

The fact that no manager ever haven't heard of undersoil heating in this club. No wonder we've had so many injuries. Now pardew has adressed it, and I do bet we will see less injuries during the winter months from next season on.

You know who else blamed the training ground surface for injuries....

I don't recall there being so many injuries in the harder Winter last season, and haven't most of our training ground injuries come post-Winter. The problem with the training ground was that they couldn't use it and had to train indoors, not that they were training on it while frozen.

The fact that no manager ever haven't heard of undersoil heating in this club. No wonder we've had so many injuries. Now pardew has adressed it, and I do bet we will see less injuries during the winter months from next season on.

You know who else blamed the training ground surface for injuries....

I don't recall there being so many injuries in the harder Winter last season, and haven't most of our training ground injuries come post-Winter. The problem with the training ground was that they couldn't use it and had to train indoors, not that they were training on it while frozen.

Yeah, if Souness thought it was a problem then clearly it's a pointless decision to go ahead and actually get the chairman to spend some wedge on wasteful undersoil heating for the lads. Poor show Pardew. Poor show.

Another Talk Sport interview where he says that with the squad we had this year it was dificult, but aiming next year to have 20 quality players to allow us to challenge in the cup competitions.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7581/6/exclusive-pardew-newcastle-targetting-gascoigne-esque-players

We're buying 14 players? Awesome.

Another Talk Sport interview where he says that with the squad we had this year it was dificult, but aiming next year to have 20 quality players to allow us to challenge in the cup competitions.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7581/6/exclusive-pardew-newcastle-targetting-gascoigne-esque-players

[/quote

exclusive-pardew-newcastle-targetting-gascoigne-esque-players

What?  :lol:

We're buying 14 players? Awesome.

:laugh:

You don't think the players are good enough despite claiming we've only had 4 bad games in 22.

What on earth are you going on about now? As i've already said, twice, Pardew's got the best out of his players.

Now I get it.

So you're actually saying Pardew got the best out of his players against, for example, Stoke and Villa?

Just give up, man. You're a confused and biased little boy who can't wait for Pardew to fail. We get it.

It never fails to amuse me when you resort to childish digs  :lol:

Now I get it.

He always does as soon as some one else says something different than his Rigid mind.

Now I get it.

He always does as soon as some one else says something different than his Rigid mind.

:naughty:

Old ground, but I still can't believe Blackburn and Blackpool beat us at St James'. And Wigan were about 10 seconds from doing the same.

Aye 8 points gone in those 3 games. Could have made a solid season into a very good one.

I can't believe we've only lost one game against Manu/Chelsea/Arsenal. I can't believe in 03/04, we only drew with Wolves at home and missed out on 4th.

The comments are completely meaningless. Wherever we end up will be justified... just as it was the year we went down having only needed one goal at Villa Park.

You are what your record says you are.  

Guest Loven11

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants to deliver a trophy next year to end the club's 42-year wait.

The Magpies' last major domestic trophy came in the 1955 FA Cup Final, but their last year to lift any major silverware was the European Fairs Cup in 1969.

Pardew admits that any break into the top six is still some way off, despite the club being a perennial achiever in that position from the mid-90s through to the early 21st century.

Their relegation to the Championship two years ago led to a major overhaul of the financial structure at the club, but Pardew is confident that with a few shrewd additions, the club can make a cup win an achievable target.

"The thing we really need to bring into this club is two or three players who have real flair and can excite our crowd," he said.

"It is going to be very, very difficult, of course, to break into that Champions League position or push for Europe at this stage, but it would be nice to play a brand of football that is suited to Newcastle, an attacking, front foot type of game-plan in every game we play and see where it takes us.

There's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more.

"That's the key because if we have a bigger squad, then maybe we can attack one of the cups.

Agenda

"That's probably the first thing on our agenda, to try to win a cup as soon as we can.

"When I was at West Ham, we targeted the FA Cup and came within a whisker of winning it, so it's not something I have lost focus on.

"The squad this year was really small and that worried me. We didn't, of course, set out to lose at Stevenage, but maybe on reflection, that result didn't do us any harm in terms of getting a strong position in the league with the small squad we have."

Pardew rubbished reports of links with West Ham's Demba Ba and Wigan winger and former Magpies player Charles N'Zogbia as 'unsavoury' due to the positions of both teams.

He did, however, admit that he had met with owner Mike Ashley over potential targets for the summer.

He said: "He [Ashley] was here yesterday. We had a good meeting and we discussed some possible targets.

"Mike will digest the figures and we will go from there."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6942541,00.html

Guest VegasToon

Mike Ashley ready to bankroll Newcastle's assault on silverware and Europe

By Colin Young

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has told manager Alan Pardew he wants European football and silverware, and is prepared to hand over the cash to get them.

As Pardew prepares for a final day showdown with West Brom, aiming to clinch a top ten spot, he has revealed Ashley travelled to Tyneside for a meeting this week to discuss targets in the transfer market, and for next season.

Although now virtually resigned to losing Spanish left-back Jose Enrique, while determined to hang on to Joey Barton, Pardew is aiming to strengthen his squad in every position.

And he believes he can build one which is capable of keeping Ashley’s interest in Newcastle United.

Pardew said: 'Mike came and we talked about certain players and values and the strategy and how the summer scouting is going to progress. I felt buoyed by the meeting. As a Premier League manager, I was quite satisfied.

'Now it’s about recruitment and making sure the squads stronger. It’s quite obvious at this time we can’t compete with the likes of Liverpool Tottenham and the top four.

'We could attract a squad here I know would keep us safe in this division but that’s not what Mike wants and it’s not what I want. We want to try and excel. We have to try and take a few chances with players that will keep us in the division but who might take us on to that next level.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389344/Mike-Ashley-ready-bankroll-Newcastles-assault-silverware-Europe.html#ixzz1MxWvBy00

Mike Ashley ready to bankroll Newcastle's assault on silverware and Europe

By Colin Young

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has told manager Alan Pardew he wants European football and silverware, and is prepared to hand over the cash to get them.

As Pardew prepares for a final day showdown with West Brom, aiming to clinch a top ten spot, he has revealed Ashley travelled to Tyneside for a meeting this week to discuss targets in the transfer market, and for next season.

Although now virtually resigned to losing Spanish left-back Jose Enrique, while determined to hang on to Joey Barton, Pardew is aiming to strengthen his squad in every position.

And he believes he can build one which is capable of keeping Ashley’s interest in Newcastle United.

Pardew said: 'Mike came and we talked about certain players and values and the strategy and how the summer scouting is going to progress. I felt buoyed by the meeting. As a Premier League manager, I was quite satisfied.

'Now it’s about recruitment and making sure the squads stronger. It’s quite obvious at this time we can’t compete with the likes of Liverpool Tottenham and the top four.

'We could attract a squad here I know would keep us safe in this division but that’s not what Mike wants and it’s not what I want. We want to try and excel. We have to try and take a few chances with players that will keep us in the division but who might take us on to that next level.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389344/Mike-Ashley-ready-bankroll-Newcastles-assault-silverware-Europe.html#ixzz1MxWvBy00

I will judge Pardew and Ashley by their actions this summer because there is no point getting excited or pissed at what they say. They fucking contradict themselves every 5 minutes!