Alan Pardew

JH

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jul2011/0/5/back-page-july-05-2011-876742250.jpg

How do you find this?

icnewcastle release sneak peeks of the front and back pages of each days Ronnie Gill in the morning

Tried to find it, but couldn't see anything.. Will have another look! :)

Cannot believe people are throwing around wafer thin factoids, using them to attempt to justify their anti-Ashley stance.

Sit down, nobody here has even half an inkling about the shape of our finances.

Guest Antec
icnewcastle release sneak peeks of the front and back pages of each days Ronnie Gill in the morning

I think they get removed once the main paper goes online

But can you find todays back page now?

Guest Antec

Just this second appeared

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news//tm_headline=hot-off-the-press-today-s-evening-chronicle%26method=full%26objectid=28976807%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Just this second appeared

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news//tm_headline=hot-off-the-press-today-s-evening-chronicle%26method=full%26objectid=28976807%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Cheers :)

Guest TheSummerOf69

I love it how - after Llambias' dubious quotes in The Telegraph - Skysports put "Toon will spend Carroll money" as their headline when paraphrasing him. Not sure that's what he was after.

They want us to think they're spending all the Carrol money (which we will easily do when our total expenditure every year on wages and everything else is over 35m), but not think about all the rest of the money - particularly as the 3 year Season Ticket deal makes this a bumper cash year.

Ashley takes the biggest risk in not trying to get us onboard by explaining the plans. Pardew talks a lot. but is often contradictory and just betrays that he's no real say in proceedings. I'm happy to go with the fact that we're seen as skinflints rather than an easy payday as it means we don't get the bunch of past-it or never-will-be mercenaries that took us down. I'm also happy to have some cash ready for contingencies when a good player becomes available or injuries take their toll.

...But the acid test comes when the revamped team takes the pitch. Having sold or be trying to sell such a big part of the successful team from the last two years means Ashley has deprived Pardew of the time to get his new team working together - if we don't hit the ground running then the supporters will rightly be feeling impatient with the decisions taken.

Mind you, like last time when we were sold the Keegan revisit, everyone will be on long-term Season Ticket deals so there's not much they can do about any grievances with the way things are going except be disgruntled. It's a gamble Ashley is happy to take because no-one likes him anyway, but he's frittered away the chance to built a real feelgood going-places factor (which is what lifted us so high under Keegan's first managerial stint).

Let's just pray the team gels straight away 'cause if we lose to Arsenal at home then the Sunderland game becomes a real flashpoint, particularly as the way we rolled them over so easily last season will provide a vivid contrast to the way the two clubs have spent their Summer and their bumper cash. It didn't have to be that way if we'd kept what we had and tried to slowly build on it, but hey, ho. It's Summer and optimism flows like wine. Beat Arsenal and Sunderland and the feelgood factor will be back in spades. :)

Didn't David Craig stipulate that we'd be 'sticking with the new manager through thick and thin' when it was first leaked that Pardew would be signing a 5 and a half year deal? That was supposed to include if we went down; now we're being told it's top ten or bust? Just doesn't add up.

United see squeezing into the top 10 as a vital next step in their aim to be competing for a Europa League place by the end of the 2012/13 season.

I can't see why the money brought in from the Carroll sale can't be used to bring this 'aim' forward a year.

United see squeezing into the top 10 as a vital next step in their aim to be competing for a Europa League place by the end of the 2012/13 season.

I can't see why the money brought in from the Carroll sale can't be used to bring this 'aim' forward a year.

They will be, reads to me more that they see a top 10 finish the bare minimum.

Where's that quote from, Dave?

I think the age of building a team/squad and gradually progressing towards Europe is over, personally. There are so many clubs with supreme spending power that unless unless you can spike up the table with a group of players within a season (or two, if you're very lucky) - your best players will get sniped off your books by the pull of silly wages and European football.

Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs, for example, slumped back down to midtable before long having failed to capitalise on their impressive ascent up the table by securing a successive season in the CL.

If my theory holds true (and I'm sure many of you disagree that it does!) then I think we're really missing a trick to build quickly and with quality around our promising spine. I think they're (probably) safe this summer, but Colo, Tiote and Ben Arfa next summer will I'm sure be the subject of jealous glances from sides with the resources to prise them from us.

Here (the second page): http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/10/only-a-place-in-top-10-will-do-for-newcastle-79310-29025834/

Europa League spot often works its way down to 7th doesn't it? We were 8 points off that this season just gone, and would have been 6 if not for that final day capitulation from 3-0 up at home.

It may sound a bit big-headed but with our resources I don't see why we shouldn't be aiming to challenge for a Europa League spot this year tbh. If we were willing to bring in a couple more quality players I think we would do so. In my opinion this requires spending money on transfer fees.

Why wait for season 2012/13 to be ready for the Europa cup ,imho you qualify and make the signings in the summer to go for it and push on and European football is a good carrot to dangle then what we have to offer now,as Dave says we were 8 points short last season so its achievable .Bollocks to say we are not ready .

Guest Haris Vuckic

Here (the second page): http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/10/only-a-place-in-top-10-will-do-for-newcastle-79310-29025834/

Europa League spot often works its way down to 7th doesn't it? We were 8 points off that this season just gone, and would have been 6 if not for that final day capitulation from 3-0 up at home.

It may sound a bit big-headed but with our resources I don't see why we shouldn't be aiming to challenge for a Europa League spot this year tbh. If we were willing to bring in a couple more quality players I think we would do so. In my opinion this requires spending money on transfer fees.

A club the size of Newcastle, with 50'000 fans should be challenging for it every year - and qualifying every other year.

Guest CheickMansour

:thup: