Alan Pardew

JH

Yeah he can play RB or CB, think he prefers the middle but played RB when he was on loan.

RB: Tavernier, Raylor, Simpson (Saylor if needed)

CB: Colo, Willow, Saylor, Kadar, Tavernier

LB: Enrique, Ferguson, Kadar, possibly Naylor

We need another cb of quality imo.  An injury to Colo and we'd be in big trouble.  Preferably someone who could cover rb too

We know that Pardew's contract is largely based on the financial performance of the club. What we don't know for certain are the exact details of his contract. He is clearly willing to shield Ashley of blame from not spending money in the transfer window because he benefits from this financially. Did Pardew do the math in his head regarding Carroll's sale? Something along the lines of "I really don't want to sell him but since I get X% of any transfer positive balance at the end of the fiscal year I would earn X million."

This is one of the things that worries me about the current set up. Buying cheap, selling high and making money has worked for Arsenal, but we're not Arsenal (no matter how many french players we sign) and Pardew is definately not Wenger. Also I doubt Wenger has the same type of contract that Pardew has. With Ashley and Llambias involved I would hazard a guess that Pardew's contract is a bit more cynical (naked greed).

We just have to wait and see if this works.

We know that Pardew's contract is largely based on the financial performance of the club. What we don't know for certain are the exact details of his contract. He is clearly willing to shield Ashley of blame from not spending money in the transfer window because he benefits from this financially. Did Pardew do the math in his head regarding Carroll's sale? Something along the lines of "I really don't want to sell him but since I get X% of any transfer positive balance at the end of the fiscal year I would earn X million."

This is one of the things that worries me about the current set up. Buying cheap, selling high and making money has worked for Arsenal, but we're not Arsenal (no matter how many french players we sign) and Pardew is definately not Wenger. Also I doubt Wenger has the same type of contract that Pardew has. With Ashley and Llambias involved I would hazard a guess that Pardew's contract is a bit more cynical (naked greed).

We just have to wait and see if this works.

Absolute fantasy.

We know that Pardew's contract is largely based on the financial performance of the club. What we don't know for certain are the exact details of his contract.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You got a source? :lol:

From the moment Pardew was hired there were quite a few quotes going around from "unnamed Newcastle sources" and even Llambias talking about how his contract would be based largely on incentives - (Keeping a positive balance sheet and winning).

Here are a couple from the Torygraph back in Spetember http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8187624/Mike-Ashley-insists-he-will-pay-new-Newcastle-manager-by-results-as-Alan-Pardew-declares-interest.html :

"There will be no £1.5 million signing-on fee and no compensation clauses in their contract. The bottom line is Mike wants value for money and, just as in his businesses, he expects to get it.

"The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash to spend and nor will he be handed a contract which means he can be rewarded for failure. He will be handsomely rewarded if he brings success to Newcastle United and will not be rewarded if he fails.

"Mike wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land. But he wants a manager on his terms and those terms are simple: every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League."

Ashley's stance reflects his determination to stop the club haemorrhaging money with centre-half Fabricio Coloccini's £85,000-per-week salary a constant reminder of the need to bring spending under control.

The Newcastle hierarchy have no intention of throwing money around to attract a managerial big-hitter and the frugal nature of Ashley's regime who have been involved in a prolonged and unresolved dispute with his players over bonuses.

Ashley strategy risks alienating would-be managerial candidates with his unconventional approach but he is sticking to his guns. "I think they have offered it to two or three people and said those are the terms and conditions and are you brave enough to take it on," the source added.

"It will be run along the same lines Mike pays top executives at Sports Direct – a very good basic wage but big bonuses for results. It might be a lengthy contract but it would be a three or four-year deal buying into the vision.

"I don't think any club in England would be run like this but this is a businessman running a football club as a business. Whether that is right or wrong only time will tell."

ASAMOAH GYAN will have talks with boss Steve Bruce about his Sunderland future.

There has been fevered speculation the striker is looking to quit, a year after his £13million move from Rennes. His agent Fabien Pivateau said: "I can't say if he is staying or not.

"As far as I know one club has tabled an offer. He is returning to the club for pre-season and we will sit down with the coach to talk about it."

It is thought Zenit St Petersburg are interested.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3677239/Asamoah-Gyan-to-have-talks-with-Sunderland-boss-Steve-Bruce.html#ixzz1RBja25wa

ASAMOAH GYAN will have talks with boss Steve Bruce about his Sunderland future.

There has been fevered speculation the striker is looking to quit, a year after his £13million move from Rennes. His agent Fabien Pivateau said: "I can't say if he is staying or not.

"As far as I know one club has tabled an offer. He is returning to the club for pre-season and we will sit down with the coach to talk about it."

It is thought Zenit St Petersburg are interested.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3677239/Asamoah-Gyan-to-have-talks-with-Sunderland-boss-Steve-Bruce.html#ixzz1RBja25wa

Wrong thread?

Guest Antec

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/05/alan-pardew-fears-his-side-will-break-up-61634-28993724/

Alan Pardew fears his side will break up

* by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

* Jul 5 2011

ALAN Pardew has admitted his new-look Newcastle United side could break up in 12 months without definite signs of progress next season.

But if there are, he still thinks he can persuade Joey Barton to stay.

Pardew has made a point of targeting youngsters with much to prove, and Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux and even Demba Ba – only 26 – fit that profile.

He admits it is a risky strategy, and his only chance of them – and others – honouring their contracts is if United challenge for Europe within three years.

“We’ve tried to bring in players we feel have an improvement in them and a desire to play for Newcastle,” Pardew explained.

“The most important thing to keep those players is to put success in front of them. When you’re building a new side it needs to have progression – in our form, in our consistency, and to get as close as we can to that top six.

“If we see that I think I can keep them another year and then when we go into that third year you really need to be very, very close, because then they’re going to start looking, as José (Enríque) is now, for trophies. I think we can do that.

“(Cheick) Tioté, Cabaye, people like that, we’re going to have to have success on the pitch to keep them, 100%.”

Talking to a BBC Radio Newcastle phone-in, Pardew grouped Barton into the same category. The midfielder has said via Twitter he plans to leave on a free transfer next summer, resigned to not getting the long-term contract extension he craves.

While there seems little prospect of Newcastle trying to get Barton to change his mind any time soon, Pardew thinks it may be possible towards the end of a good season.

“Joey sometimes has an opinion that can change,” he stressed. “I think the most important thing for Joey is that he can see the squad’s got real quality in it.

“A few times last year he came to see me frustrated we weren’t getting the results in terms of the performances he was putting in, and I had to agree with some of that.

“Joey’s contract situation has been difficult and at times I think he would admit he hasn’t helped the cause, but a year’s a long time in football.

“I spoke to Joey over the summer and I think me and him have got a good relationship.

“If I can keep him where he was last year for another year, at the end of the season who’s to say we can’t agree a contract?

“Joey needs to see that success on the pitch and if we give that to him, I think he could stay.”

Another contract rebel, Enríque, is also into his last year but expected to leave in this window. Pardew thinks Gäel Clichy’s move to Manchester City will make it harder to retain a player he refuses to keep against his will.

Clichy’s now former club, Arsenal, are thought to be interested, as are Liverpool.

“There was a big part of me thinking he (Enríque) might not return for the first day (of training) but he looks like he is and that’s good news,” said Pardew.

“We’re trying to persuade him to stay but he’s got a year on his contract and his desire to play Champions League football at his age is going to make it difficult to keep him.”

Pre-season training resumed yesterday, though not for Barton or Enríque with the return of players staggered. More signings are promised, though not necessarily in time for Arsenal’s opening-day visit. Pardew raised the possibility of two more “offensive” players, and is still hopeful Turkey striker Mevlüt Erdinç could be one.

Reports in France yesterday claimed a new £6.75m Newcastle bid for the Paris Saint-Germain player, though no decision is expected before tomorrow, when Leonardo officially takes over as their new sporting director.

Meanwhile, Fiorentina have been confirmed as visitors for Newcastle’s last pre-season fixture, at 3pm on August 6.

Guest Antec

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-news-Alan-Pardew-praises-excellent-Mike-Ashley-for-support-in-spending-Andy-Carroll-fee-article756476.html

Pardew praise for "excellent" Ashley

Published 23:00 04/07/11 By Simon Bird

Alan Pardew has come out fighting and insisted Mike Ashley is spending big to rebuild Newcastle United.

The Toon manager last night ­reassured fans the £35million raised from selling Andy Carroll in January is being used to ­reinvigorate his squad – which he hopes will reach the “top 10 and challenge for the cups,” next season.

Pardew hopes to keep Joey Barton at St James’ Park rather than sell him, and he has defended the £4m sale of Kevin Nolan to West Ham, saying: “He didn’t want to stay.”

He confirmed he is ready to buy two more “offensive players”.

One of those is striker Mevlut Erdinc, who is the subject of a fresh £7m bid. United are expecting an answer from his club, Paris St Germain, tomorrow.

However, Pardew fears either Arsenal and Liverpool could swoop for left-back Jose Enrique now Manchester City have bought Gunners left-back Gael Clichy, ­“complicating” Toon’s chances of the Spanish defender staying at Toon.

Pardew said of Enrique, who has only one year left on his contract: “No one is more keen for him to stay than me. His desire to play Champions League football at his age means it is difficult to keep him. We [must] keep watching and hope it falls our way.”

So far, Newcastle have landed highly-rated Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Sylvain Marveaux, plus young prospect Mehdi Abeid.

And Pardew said: “Mike and Derek’s backing has been excellent. I have to say that. And the noises on the last two [planned arrivals] are also positive.

“I know where that [Carroll] money goes, I assure you. It will be invested in the club. So far, the button is being pressed and I can’t ask for more than that.

"We have done more business than anyone else.

“If you add up the money and think we have not spent the £35m, you will be way off. I have to mark the cards of the fans on that.”

On Barton, who also has just one season left on his deal, Pardew said: “The important thing for him is that he sees the squad has quality.

“We can keep him where he was last year, another season. Who is to say we can’t agree a deal?

"He wants success. If we can give him that on the pitch, I think he could stay.”

Realistic.  Could (well should) just be a minimum expectation?

Think we all know that our upper goal should be to gain ground on the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham.  7/8th(ish).

why are we aiming for top 10 next season when we were extremely close to it last season? lowering of expectations.

Our expectations last season were to avoid relegation, a year later and we're now expecting to challenge for T10 and challenge in one of the cups.

Lowering of expectations?

why are we aiming for top 10 next season when we were extremely close to it last season? lowering of expectations.

Our expectations last season were to avoid relegation, a year later and we're now expecting to challenge for T10 and challenge in one of the cups.

Lowering of expectations?