Alan Pardew

JH

Can excuse the performances first two games as a matter of grinding out the results, but next week at home to a team we should be looking at overtaking this season, I at least expect us to show signs of the type of football he wants us to play even if it's not freeflowing just yet.

Yep, also agree that Vukic needs to be considered more if we continue to struggle for goals.

Just seent he ban that came from this thread, sorry if it's going over old ground but just how you could get banned (and because of your dedicated negativity) after we beat our rivals is mental. Don't understand what enjoyment anyone gets out of following us if you can't just be happy with the result yesterday.

Still torn on Pardew, he is such a likeable chap (as I am sure many woman can testify to) but I can't ignore what Golf Mag said.

I do think he gets blamed for a lot of stuff that is out of his hands mind.

Still managed to travel to Holland to watch Pieters the following day, so couldn´t have been that bad.

I doubt he drove there tbf.

And if you wanted to continue partying, what better place than Holland. :troll:

He's ball's deep as we speak.

Still managed to travel to Holland to watch Pieters the following day, so couldn´t have been that bad.

I doubt he drove there tbf.

And if you wanted to continue partying, what better place than Holland. :troll:

He's ball's deep as we speak.

He might not bring back any players with him but you can gurantee he'll be bringing a couple of STD's back.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7122337,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew believes he has the squad depth required to win the Carling Cup and end the club's infamous 42 year trophy drought.

Although the St James' Park outfit lifted the Championship title last year they have not lifted a major trophy since the Fairs Cup in 1969.

They travel to Scunthorpe in the Carling Cup second round on Thursday as they bid to build on a solid start to the season that has seen them draw with Arsenal and beat near rivals Sunderland.

Pardew admits his primary aim remains survival in the Premier League but believes he has now has a squad capable of going all the way to Wembley too.

"You only had to look at our bench on Saturday and the players who didn't make the bench - like Alan Smith, for example - to know that I feel we are much stronger squad-wise this year to attack this competition, and also attack the FA Cup," said the 50-year-old.

"I guess what happened to Birmingham last year isn't going to fill us all with great enthusiasm in terms of winning the cup and being relegated.

"But if you feel you are strong enough to attack the cup and attack the Premier League with the squad you have then of course it's a target.

"You want to be in the game to win things, that's what we are in it for, so the two cup competitions are very big for us this year."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7122337,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew believes he has the squad depth required to win the Carling Cup and end the club's infamous 42 year trophy drought.

Although the St James' Park outfit lifted the Championship title last year they have not lifted a major trophy since the Fairs Cup in 1969.

They travel to Scunthorpe in the Carling Cup second round on Thursday as they bid to build on a solid start to the season that has seen them draw with Arsenal and beat near rivals Sunderland.

Pardew admits his primary aim remains survival in the Premier League but believes he has now has a squad capable of going all the way to Wembley too.

"You only had to look at our bench on Saturday and the players who didn't make the bench - like Alan Smith, for example - to know that I feel we are much stronger squad-wise this year to attack this competition, and also attack the FA Cup," said the 50-year-old.

"I guess what happened to Birmingham last year isn't going to fill us all with great enthusiasm in terms of winning the cup and being relegated.

"But if you feel you are strong enough to attack the cup and attack the Premier League with the squad you have then of course it's a target.

"You want to be in the game to win things, that's what we are in it for, so the two cup competitions are very big for us this year."

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not Smith.