Alan Pardew

JH

Hes done a fantastic job in making us a hard side to beat. Unbeaten in 5 games and only 2 goals conceded. We have a good chance of making that 6 games with 12 points next weekend, which would be just unreal. There are seriously tough games back to back at the end of October/start of November, so it is important to get as many points as possible before then.

Actually played football today, much more like it. Makes me wonder why the fuck it's taken until today to show it though, we certainly have the players to do so. Still think we worry too much about what the opposition will do and base our tactics on that accordingly. If that's taken too far or is plainly wrong (as it was against QPR) we look absolute garbage. We fancied our chances knocking it about a bit today and looked a different class to the side that played QPR despite there only being one change. Pardew needs to have faith in our players.

Hopefully he will do at home and try to nullify the opposition when were away.

Slowly but surely it's all coming together, as far as the quality of play goes.

Key lesson for today. Shola should never ever start games, as he sucks all the joy and enthusiasm for the sport out of every other player and the crowd also.

Please continue along this path, and eventually don't even allow him off the bench.

Actually played football today, much more like it. Makes me wonder why the f*** it's taken until today to show it though, we certainly have the players to do so. Still think we worry too much about what the opposition will do and base our tactics on that accordingly. If that's taken too far or is plainly wrong (as it was against QPR) we look absolute garbage. We fancied our chances knocking it about a bit today and looked a different class to the side that played QPR despite there only being one change. Pardew needs to have faith in our players.

I still think QPR was more down to a poor performance than anything else. If we changed our tactics according to opposition, we'd have surely seen a 4-5-1/4-3-3 on Monday?

Actually played football today, much more like it. Makes me wonder why the f*** it's taken until today to show it though, we certainly have the players to do so. Still think we worry too much about what the opposition will do and base our tactics on that accordingly. If that's taken too far or is plainly wrong (as it was against QPR) we look absolute garbage. We fancied our chances knocking it about a bit today and looked a different class to the side that played QPR despite there only being one change. Pardew needs to have faith in our players.

I still think QPR was more down to a poor performance than anything else. If we changed our tactics according to opposition, we'd have surely seen a 4-5-1/4-3-3 on Monday?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/09/17/dan-gosling-to-feature-soon-insists-alan-pardew-61634-29438600/

"The game plan will be slightly different against Villa because different players give you different types of problems, but we are going there thinking we can win."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110917/managers-delight-at-villa-thriller_2281670_2454350

"We had to tweak a few things (from Monday at QPR). Demba Ba helped the midfield today, and I thought he was terrific in the role that he had."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110917/cabaye-the-goals-will-come_2281670_2454392

"We wanted to play much higher than on Monday."

We set up differently and played with different tactics.

Guest Dontooner

The players were told to play on the deck , that's about it . They were willing to loose the ball trying to move the ball around, the wide players got involved in ball retention as well . Was probably aided by a weak Aston villa midfield and poor tactics from their manager.

Qpr was different .... They had a 3 man midfield with a couple that had good skills ... Tiote and cab aye spent the game trying to tackling them with little success .

Regarding the play today, also thing the bigger pitch helped a lot.

Very much so, plus the QPR result yesterday suggests they might actually be a better team than we gave them credit for.

Very impressed with Pardew at the moment overall, seems a genuinely nice chap as well, which is an unexpected bonus.

Regarding the play today, also thing the bigger pitch helped a lot.

Plus Villa didn't seem to close us down very well, we had time to knock it about. The top teams will go to smaller grounds and still maintain their passing success. It's about quality players who are able to keep their composure under pressure. Someone mentioned in the match thread about how Coloccini never loses the ball under pressure. The same was true for the most part of Enrique. If you could get that in all 11 players you'd see the passing game week in week out.

Brilliant in both post-match interviews. He's convincing me with every game we play almost. Monday night wasn't good to watch but yesterday was one of the best performances from us in recent times. If Ben Arfa and Santon can be really good players who knows what we can achieve this season?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14864217.stm

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16497_7185022,00.html

Guest TheSummerOf69

Apart from bloody Shola. What on earth was he thinking bringing him on?

I thought Shola did well after coming on - better than Ba showed.

Pardew probably wanted to give him the chance to get over the stinker at QPR and show that he can rise above the over-the-top criticisms he's getting.

Apart from bloody Shola. What on earth was he thinking bringing him on?

I thought Shola did well after coming on - better than Ba showed.

Pardew probably wanted to give him the chance to get over the stinker at QPR and show that he can rise above the over-the-top criticisms he's getting.

notsureifserious.jpg

He was fucking woeful, had one decent shot, give away 2 or 3 needless fouls, ran the ball into touch at one point and swaggered about in his usual arrogant and lethargic way.  He was a disgrace, as per usual.  Still, after all that, I can't help but like the bloke  :lol:

Still have not made my mind up about this guy. At times he appears clueless, the most recent example being the QPR game, yet at others he seems to have produced a good disciplined performance - almost tailor-made for the opposition.

Did he fear QPR and feel we could bypass the midfield and unsettle their defence with two big forwards? Then why was Cabaye told to play so deep with Tiote. It compressed the midfield and played into QPR's hands, Cabye and Tiote were frequently so close as to make a pass almost insignificant in terms of relieving pressure. Then of course he changed nothing until the 75th minuts (or thereabouts)?  Poor show.

On to Villa, they did not press us much, we had time and space. Cabaye played further forward, continually finding space and often with an eye for a swift pass to attack. It was like chalk and cheese compared to the previous game.

The jury's still out for me but as I said in a previous post, I think he (Pardew) may lack confidence in his own decisions. (Actually, I called him a coward.) He errs on the side of caution and appears to favour certain traits way beyond their actual merit.