Alan Pardew

JH

Think we're looking quite comfortable on the ball and the movement of the midfield is excellent (Tiote coming back to form and the pace of Obertan). There was a jittery 10 min at 2-1 when Blackburn (as shit as they are) started to threaten.

However, we've yet to play a good side.

Let's see if we can nick one or two results against the top 6 and if we do then I think Pardew will richly deserve some credit.

Why would results against top 6 sides have a bearing for a club who have done well if they finish in the top 10?

He's done really well since he came (including games against top 6 sides), couldn't do much more considering he's had fuck all to spend and have to rebuild his squad with quite a few incoming and outgoings (results in fuck all spend like). Not only has he reconstructed the squad, he's been left short and is trying to get us playing a new brand of football.

The only negative I have is him willingly regurgitating their shite and making himself look like a prize bellend in the process. He should be more careful with what he says, especially when the players are involved (threatening to bang down doors to get them new deals etc, then keeping schtum when no contracts are forthcoming).

Why would results against top 6 sides have a bearing for a club who have done well if they finish in the top 10?

He's done really well since he came (including games against top 6 sides), couldn't do much more considering he's had fuck all to spend and have to rebuild his squad with quite a few incoming and outgoings (results in fuck all spend like). Not only has he reconstructed the squad, he's been left short and is trying to get us playing a new brand of football.

The only negative I have is him willingly regurgitating their shite and making himself look like a prize bellend in the process. He should be more careful with what he says, especially when the players are involved (threatening to bang down doors to get them new deals etc, then keeping schtum when no contracts are forthcoming).

Think he's talking the team UP too early so I agree with your last bit.

We shouldn't fear Liv or Spurs at our place, that's what I meant....

Think he's talking the team UP too early so I agree with your last bit.

We shouldn't fear Liv or Spurs at our place, that's what I meant....

might end up being the fans who get ahead of themselves if things continue on the same upward path and then if/when we end up not beating liv/spurs it'll be all doom and gloom again

just hope people can remember how we've come and how fast

Have to bear in mind we have had a luxury of fixtures to open the season, which has given us some much needed time to gel as a team. The ease of our fixtures has also led to the great press hype of our rise, although they will be the first to put the boot in and write about implosions when we hit our run of fixtures against he top four.

I think we are in good stead, again without the luck of the fixtures we could have a a different story and set of views on pardew. He is building a nice freeflowing attacking side which will only get better. I'm still surprised people doubted that given his sides at westham and charlton.

We are seeing his reluctance to rush people back from injuries or throw people into the premiership until they are ready. Which can work both ways as it will pay dividends here while we are still picking up points but ultimately failed for him at west ham. Frustrating as he'll though given k want marveaux, hatem and santon in the team.

Bigger tests lie ahead but great start for him, his staff and players. We still need to sharpen up in defence attack and possession (mainly tiote, Simpson and raylor) but the squad is shaping up nicely. If we can maintain top 6 somehow until January we have a huge chance to attract players to push us on even further.

Arsenal and Sunderland aren't easy games while we've always struggled against Fulham and Blackburn in recent season. At Villa Park we won a point despite not having won anything there for the last years. Yes, easy fixtures so far.

Arsenal and Sunderland aren't easy games while we've always struggled against Fulham and Blackburn in recent season. At Villa Park we won a point despite not having won anything there for the last years. Yes, easy fixtures so far.

Oh no, your post must be stupid, because I agree :lol: ;)

Oh no, your post must be stupid, because I agree :lol: ;)

No, not really.

I think the investment we had in the team which has been significant in terms of the squad is there for all to see.

it's shit like that which is gonna stop me warming too him as a bloke tbh, why say that? everything's going well. it's so obvious that part of his remit is specifically to try and cover for them doing whatever the fuck they want through PR. we're doing great but trying to capitalise on it by lying to us, again, stinks of everything wrong about ashley's team.

the clear difference to recent seasons is we've started off by getting the points we SHOULD be getting. that's a very positive endorsement of Pardew as a manager imo.

the clear difference to recent seasons is we've started off by getting the points we SHOULD be getting. that's a very positive endorsement of Pardew as a manager imo.

Beating Blackburn and Fulham at home has been massively satisfying for me :lol:

Exactly the kind of games I normally go into saying "well yeah we'll fuck up here"

tbh we got lucky in the timing of those 2 games in Arsenal were all over the place when we played them and indeed a point in retrospect is a bit disappointing (not that disappointing mind) and Sunderland were/are trying to bed in a rather large number of signings plus throw in some Bruce idiocy and bingo 3 points.

Got a point on Fulham Blackburn and Villa though our records against them (well at villa park) are down right atrocious and extremely pleasing to have actually got results against them.

Only game where I've genuinely thought we deserved nothing so far was QPR but the reaction to that performance with 2 of our best performances is quite pleasing and is an encouraging indication of Pardew and the squad as a whole

It was probably the worst time to play QPR. They'd just been takeover and were buzzing after their relatively exciting new signings.

It was easily our poorest show of the season but in the circs it was a difficult game and a point was decent.

http://www.thenewsgrind.com/news/uk-news/pardew-faces-newcastle-united-axe-amid-growing-fears-of-stability/

Pardew faces Newcastle United axe amid growing fears of stability

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew could be the next Premier League boss to lose his job after accepting responsibility for the Magpies’ respectable start to the season.

Pardew’s team remain unbeaten and lie in a Champions League qualification spot sparking fears he will be sacked to make way for a more erratic replacement.

A new manager, with a firmer grasp of the club’s reputation for self-destruction, could be installed in a matter of days.

“It’s like history repeating itself,” said a St James’s Park insider.

“Chris Hughton did a similar job steering us through a phase of unprecedented calmness off the pitch. He had to go in the eyes of owner Mike Ashley, and the same appears to be true of Alan.”

If anything, Pardew is on even shakier ground than his predecessor having combined an ethos of off-the-field professionalism with a quiet efficiency on the pitch at Premier League level.

And it is surely only a matter of time before Newcastle fans turn on the manager amid fears their over-performing stars will be poached by rival clubs.

If positive results continue in the run up to the January transfer window The News Grind understands Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish will sign the entire Newcastle first team for £260m.