Alan Pardew

JH

it's his ex isn't it?

Don't think so, he was interviewed by a Swedish pundit after the game yesterday and made jokes about what Swedish food he was having for supper. He also sent his wishes to us Swedish supporters and told the viewers that Newcastle is the only team to follow.

Growing with every interview, starting to really like the guy.

it's his ex isn't it?

Don't think so, he was interviewed by a Swedish pundit after the game yesterday and made jokes about what Swedish food he was having for supper. He also sent his wishes to us Swedish supporters and told the viewers that Newcastle is the only team to follow.

Growing with every interview, starting to really like the guy.

ah ok. always thought he was divorced what with the affair and all that.

Didn't know his wife is from Sweden.

Really? Didn't know that either.

After the City game today Viasat showed the higlights from this weekends games, Henrik Strömblad interviewed Pardew after our game when it got mentioned, some relatives from Sweden came to visit them over the weekend. Said that he liked Sweden, as well as something along the lines "Swedish fans, Newcastle is the team for you" with a big smile on his face :)

Canny :)

Should make sure that our pre-season tour is in Sweden next year then O0

Looks like Pardew but with blond wig, definitely would like.  ;D

Yeah that's what I thought, same nose :lol:

Tbf I would always wank in front of a mirror if I was Pardew.

That is Jack Dee with them isn't it? :lol:

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admits he is dreading the upcoming January transfer window, describing it as a 'horrible time'.

The Magpies sold star striker Andy Carroll for £35million to Liverpool in the last January transfer window, while Cheick Tiote is being linked with a £20 million move to Chelsea this time around.

Pardew believes transfer windows are unsettling for clubs and he preferred the old system of doing business.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "You're talking about Newcastle United - nothing is certain here.

"January is a horrible time. I don't think there's a Premier League manager, if he was honest with himself, who enjoys that period.

"Everyone's maneuvering, jostling, people get busy around players - agents.

Earn money

"They want to earn their money in that period. They don't do themselves any credit, in my view, and us managers are at the end of the phone having to put up with the media, the agent, the player, the player's father, his long-lost brother, his distant cousin, etc getting involved because that's when you can move clubs and re-negotiate."

He added: "I actually preferred the old system, where there were no windows, where you could buy and sell at any time.

"January is a horrible time. I don't think there's a Premier League manager, if he was honest with himself, who enjoys that period."

"It was trying to say we'll take the advantage away from the bigger clubs by doing this, but I don't think that's worked.

"It unsettles every club - not just me.

"You can never think you're OK. The Andy Carroll thing brought that home more vividly than most."

Not sure if this has been posted in another thread. Just ignore if it has.

I dunno if I wish he'd said we'd absolutely not sell anyone to try and deter people coming in, but guess he's far to burned by saying he wasn't going to sell Carroll and then him being sold.

He needs to convince Ashley if the club is to progress we need to hold onto players. Sell them once they're past their best, not while they're still getting better.

"We only think about the next game. We're not dreaming or anything' date=' we're just thinking about beating Chelsea next week and we prepare from now for that."[/quote']

The man just constantly has his feet on the ground. Take each game as it comes.

I like him more and more every week.

"We only think about the next game. We're not dreaming or anything' date=' we're just thinking about beating Chelsea next week and we prepare from now for that."[/quote']

The man just constantly has his feet on the ground. Take each game as it comes.

I like him more and more every week.

:thup:

It's one of the things I like about Pardew. By only thinking about the next game, it helps to prevent overconfidence and it ultimately keeps the players focused.

didn't know where to put this idea but this seems as good a place as any........

you know the way we were dreading this run of games, it could actually work in our favour. the confidence we've gained though going unbeaten till last week must've gave belief to give the last two performances, a similar performance next saturday would boost the confidence even more. norwich could be a massive guide to our season.

NEWCASTLE BOSS ALAN PARDEW TOONS UP THE HEAT ON CHELSEA

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew last night claimed 52,000 Geordies will put the frighteners on Chelsea when Andre Villas-Boas’ side head for Tyneside on Saturday.

The match is sold out, guaranteeing Newcastle their biggest gate of the season, and Pardew reckons the home support can tilt the balance their way.

Pardew said: “We have one of the big clubs heading here and they will be fearing playing in front of 52,000 Geordies.

“That will make a difference. Our fans loved it at Old Trafford but this is a home game with the vast majority on our side.”

Newcastle have emerged relatively unscathed from their two trips to Manchester.

They lost their unbeaten record at Manchester City but held out for a gritty 1-1 draw against United seven days later.

They are now gunning for a Chelsea side, that despite Saturday’s 3-0 win against Wolves, look vulnerable. And Pardew believes the confidence gained from holding United will inspire them.

He added: “Getting that point was magnificent and has strengthened our belief.

“We went there looking to win and it was only when we went down to 10 men that we felt under pressure.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/223178/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-Toons-up-the-heat-on-Chelsea/

He's getting big confused with rich,

Chelsea were no bigger than West Ham before oil money.

Chelsea had won twice as many trophies as West Ham before the oil money.

Guest Haris Vuckic

No they hadn't :lol:

They had a couple more but not twice as many. Plus Chelsea have been in the 3rd flight, they were never a big club.

Anyway lets not go down this road!