Alan Pardew

JH

I don't know why on earth he changed our shape for this match. I mean come on......... Raylor and Simpson against Sturridge and Mata with HBA and Lovenkrands "protecting" them? Fuck off!

He should have started with Santon at LB and moved Raylor to do Jonas' role.

I don't know why on earth he changed our shape for this match. I mean come on......... Raylor and Simpson against Sturridge and Mata with HBA and Lovenkrands "protecting" them? Fuck off!

He was never going to do that, tbh. And I don't particularly see a problem with that, we've gotten this far with that formation and there was no real indication that would change. I think he made the right call with Loven, he played well and always does his job when asked to support defense.

Pathetic, isn't it? Absolutely livid. AVB destroyed him tactically with a disjointed side with minimal confidence.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye, decent interview. Bricking it if Colo is actually struggling for the next two games and Taylor is "more serious", though. :undecided:

Neither will play next week imo.

He was never going to do that, tbh. And I don't particularly see a problem with that, we've gotten this far with that formation and there was no real indication that would change. I think he made the right call with Loven, he played well and always does his job when asked to support defense.

What you're on about? Our shape was different, Obertan looked lost in the centre and HBA and Lovenkrands just didn't look comfortable enough out there.

I don't know why on earth he changed our shape for this match. I mean come on......... Raylor and Simpson against Sturridge and Mata with HBA and Lovenkrands "protecting" them? f*** off!

HBA was playing off the front man, not out wide, Obertan was on the right.

I must have been watching a different game Dinho, because our shape looked the same to me before the meltdown near the end, it's just that Lovenkrands didn't do half the defensive work that Jonas does and Obertan was more lax than normal in his covering of Simpson. Obertan was glued to the right-flank when we were "in formation", as per and Ben Arfa was playing centrally off Ba.

:dontknow:

Pardew has done very well here, but if he persists with Raylor, Obertan and Loven he's digging his own grave. There's loyalty and then theres picking absolutely s**** footballers every week. Good interview though.

Where's this interview ?

I must have been watching a different game Dinho, because our shape looked the same to me before the meltdown near the end, it's just that Lovenkrands didn't do half the defensive work that Jonas does and Obertan was more lax than normal in his covering of Simpson. Obertan was glued to the right-flank when we were "in formation", as per and Ben Arfa was playing centrally off Ba.

:dontknow:

Maybe it was Pardew's intention to keep the same shape, but because we had HBA and Lovenkrands outwide, players that are tactically and defensively not aware, this contributed to the space that Sturridge and Mata used to trouble our defence.

Normally when Simpson and Raylor are in possession, we're used to seeing someone infront of them to pass it to. But I don't think it was the case today..... HBA cut inside too much and Lovenkrands is just a not a LM.

We played far too high up the pitch today. While I applaud the sentiment of going out to attack Chelsea, with no Tiote and Jonas we played into their hands somewhat. Sturridge and Ramirez in particular were relishing the space we were leaving in midfield. Also it was predictable as fuck that Ryan Taylor would be exposed against better class opposition. Pardew really should have been more decisive and brought Santon in before it backfired.

Didn't agree with his team selection today.

That said just seen the interview with him on the Sky sports website. The bloke is a class act - doesn't come across as arrogant at all. Says it like it is and doesn't really go into unnecessary rants. Just stated simply that he thought the ref got the decision wrong and wasn't prepared to get drawn into a slanging match with AVB, which that creep with the microphone was clearly desperate for.

On multiple occasions today Sturridge was up against Raylor and Lovenkrands was absolutely nowhere near.

Largely because a lot of sturridges chances came from balls going over the top of Raylor who was to advanced himself.

Thats why pardew was shouting at him to stay in the 4 at the back. Afterwards he did better.