Alan Pardew

JH

I wonder why it was only The Mag that was invited..?

Fair play to the club for doing so - hopefully other fanzines will also be invited in the future.

I've heard rumour that NUST,The Mag and the NUFC.COM boys have all been covertly invited into the inner sanctum of SJP very recently.

It will be very interesting to see if there is a mellowing of views from those invited. Otherwise will any reveal the purpose of said visit?

Huh, interesting.....

The Club will be looking to appoint a  Supporters’ Liaison Officer, which will be a requirement of all Premier League clubs from 2012/2013 season.

Lets so who gets the gig.

Ah right, well guess that explains those invitations to all those mentioned above. Out of the three, can see .com being the least likely to get the gig imo.

Fair play to the club for doing so - hopefully other fanzines will also be invited in the future.

I've heard rumour that NUST,The Mag and the NUFC.COM boys have all been covertly invited into the inner sanctum of SJP very recently.

It will be very interesting to see if there is a mellowing of views from those invited. Otherwise will any reveal the purpose of said visit?

Huh, interesting.....

The Club will be looking to appoint a  Supporters’ Liaison Officer, which will be a requirement of all Premier League clubs from 2012/2013 season.

Did Bob Moncur not get this a few months back?

Huh, interesting.....

Did Bob Moncur not get this a few months back?

Ah yeah, it was mentioned but no official confirmation as such.

Interview with Pardew in The Mag where he states that HE asked The Mag and true faith editors (MJ and MM) to spend a full day at the training ground etc - he did it at West Ham with their fanzines!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16094950.stm

Apologies if elsewhere

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew blames referee Mike Dean for injury crisis

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew believes the decision not to send off Chelsea's David Luiz on Saturday has caused the club major injury problems.

Luiz fouled Demba Ba when the Newcastle striker seemed through on goal, but was only booked by referee Mike Dean.

Pardew said that the decision may have changed the game and led to Newcastle "putting in more effort than we've done in any other game this season".

"That's cost us injuries to [Danny] Guthrie and [steven] Taylor," he added.

We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch - I don't ever remember being in that situation before

Fabricio Coloccini was also injured in the 3-0 defeat and may miss the game against Norwich on Saturday with a thigh problem.

Centre-back Taylor will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles problem, while midfielder Guthrie faces a four-to-six week lay-off with a groin injury.

"We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch. I don't ever remember being in that situation before," added Pardew.

Referee Dean admitted to Pardew after the game that Luiz should have seen a straight red for his fourth minute challenge on Senegalese international Ba.

Referring to another referring mistake last weekend, where Stuart Attwell sent off Bolton's Gary Cahill, a decision overturned on appeal, Pardew said: "It's interesting to see both the referee at our place, who admitted to the mistake, and the Bolton referee have got games this weekend."

Pardew is now set to pick utility player James Perch, who came on for Coloccini on Saturday, for Saturday's Premier League clash with Norwich.

Hungarian Tamas Kadar could make his first appearance of the season or the Magpies boss may call on either Davide Santon or Danny Simpson to solve his centre-half dilemma.

Taylor, who has impressed at the Sports Direct Arena this season, has undergone an operation on his injured tendon and is said to be progressing well.

If Dean is to blame, so is Pardew for overloading our defence by not addressing the Raylor problem.

Apologies if elsewhere

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew believes the decision not to send off Chelsea's David Luiz on Saturday has caused the club major injury problems.

Luiz fouled Demba Ba when the Newcastle striker seemed through on goal, but was only booked by referee Mike Dean.

Pardew said that the decision may have changed the game and led to Newcastle "putting in more effort than we've done in any other game this season".

We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch - I don't ever remember being in that situation before

Fabricio Coloccini was also injured in the 3-0 defeat and may miss the game against Norwich on Saturday with a thigh problem.

Centre-back Taylor will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles problem, while midfielder Guthrie faces a four-to-six week lay-off with a groin injury.

"We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch. I don't ever remember being in that situation before," added Pardew.

Referee Dean admitted to Pardew after the game that Luiz should have seen a straight red for his fourth minute challenge on Senegalese international Ba.

Referring to another referring mistake last weekend, where Stuart Attwell sent off Bolton's Gary Cahill, a decision overturned on appeal, Pardew said: "It's interesting to see both the referee at our place, who admitted to the mistake, and the Bolton referee have got games this weekend."

Pardew is now set to pick utility player James Perch, who came on for Coloccini on Saturday, for Saturday's Premier League clash with Norwich.

Hungarian Tamas Kadar could make his first appearance of the season or the Magpies boss may call on either Davide Santon or Danny Simpson to solve his centre-half dilemma.

Taylor, who has impressed at the Sports Direct Arena this season, has undergone an operation on his injured tendon and is said to be progressing well.

If Dean is to blame, so is Pardew for overloading our defence by not addressing the Raylor problem.

:sadnod:

Aye Beren, reasonable thing to say there.

Apologies if elsewhere

:sadnod:

Aye Beren, reasonable thing to say there.

:lol: Is this a parody? I really don't get it otherwise :undecided:

Where does Pardew 'blame' the ref?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He suggests that if Luiz had been sent off, we wouldn't have been chasing the game, so players wouldn't have been straining as hard to get forward and then cover in defence due to leaving the game open.

He suggests that if Luiz had been sent off, we wouldn't have been chasing the game, so players wouldn't have been straining as hard to get forward and then cover in defence due to leaving the game open.

That's basically what he said on GoS - the way the injuries were picked up (Colo, Saylor and now Guthrie) pushing themselves that little bit harder to chase the game.

Not conceding before HT would have done the same thing, mind.

:rant:

If you're a manager and you're chasing a game i cannot think of a single sane reason why you'd Sammi Ameobi on instead of Ben Arfa. Whatever the basis of the decision is, it certainly isn't footballing reasons.

Ben Arfa could have destroyed Norwich, especially at 3-2 when they looked nervous. But no, let's stick with Obertan and then eventually take him off for an unproven youngster. Managers change games and Pardew just offered nothing today. There was zero change in the way Newcastle approached the game after going 2-1 and 3-1 down, if it's not working fucking change it man.

Also when we went a man down, was Shola or Ba in the midfield, or did we just go with 3 in the midfield?

If you're a manager and you're chasing a game i cannot think of a single sane reason why you'd Sammi Ameobi on instead of Ben Arfa. Whatever the basis of the decision is, it certainly isn't footballing reasons.

Because we only had 3 midfielders on the pitch, because Sammy has looked lively off the bench recently, because he might think Sammy is more likely to defend.... I wanted to see Ben Arfa on too, but it was hardly the most shocking decision I've seen.