Alan Pardew

JH

The reactions :lol:

We did more than enough to win this game today, just didn't happen.

Yup one of those games, we played well. Swansea are like we were earlier in the season, solid defensively & they get that little bit of luck due to it so the ball falls to them in the area. They went defensive today clearly & its worked for them all season.

Aye in the first half but you've actually got to manage the situation to keep that going when things like momentum run out and you barely create a chance for half an hour. You're not always going to get the rub of the green.

You can see why hes chosen Ameobi though, best was destroying them in the air thats how we were keeping possession.

Shola also went pretty close.

There seems to be a belief that Ben Arfa is guaranteed to do something. He is a VERY talented player and is capable to doing amazing things but he isn't the dead cert some have pegged him as.

Personally I would have put HBA on instead of Sammy but we have no idea what these players are doing in training and I don't think it's completely unreasonable for a manager to pick players based on what they are showing him :dontknow:

You can see why hes chosen Ameobi though, best was destroying them in the air thats how we were keeping possession.

So, remind me, why did he choose Ameobi?...

Exactly. :lol: It's not like Shola is the destroyer of worlds when it comes to aerial threat.

That's contradictory though. We were dominating in the air and Best was linking play well so he brought on Ameobi who has the touch of a rapist and ability to give away a foul every time he challenges for the ball in the air.

It was clear that the game plan wasn't working after about 15 minutes of the second half, that is when the manager needs to change things and he didn't. He went like for like putting Shola on and then put two unproven youngsters on. It's just poor by the manager really. From what I have seen of Pardew he just seems clueless on match days. It doesn't seem like he knows how to change the game or that he has a plan B or plan C, its the same thing week after week, even the exact same subs every week with Sammy on for Obertan.

Theres no doubt Pardew has done a good job with the players behind the scenes, getting them playing well and getting the confidence up, but match days are a real concern for me. People might also take today's result because we are still on 27 points and have had a good start, but that doesn't mean we didn't drop 2 points today.

There seems to be a belief that Ben Arfa is guaranteed to do something. He is a VERY talented player and is capable to doing amazing things but he isn't the dead cert some have pegged him as.

Personally I would have put HBA on instead of Sammy but we have no idea what these players are doing in training and I don't think it's completely unreasonable for a manager to pick players based on what they are showing him :dontknow:

Bollocks. :thup:

People are only saying exactly what you've said right there - that they'd have put Ben Arfa on instead of the very raw Ameobi - but for some reason they shouldn't be saying it?

Bollocks. :thup:

People are only saying exactly what you've said right there - that they'd have put Ben Arfa on instead of the very raw Ameobi - but for some reason they shouldn't be saying it?

Not bollocks at all but you won't agree so there is no point getting into it :thup:

The performance was very good, but when you need a goal with 20 minutes left, then SURELY HBA is a better option than the Ameobis.

Not sure why, none of them are overly prolific. Shola is probably the most likely to grab a goal out of any of them though imo. I have put my comments about Sammy above.

So, remind me, why did he choose Ameobi?...

Exactly. :lol: It's not like Shola is the destroyer of worlds when it comes to aerial threat.

Tbf the instant impact Shola made when he came on for Benny against chelsea was that of keeping the ball for us more upfront via controlling long balls.

Looks like he's a manager who lacks the balls to change things and go for the win - he'd rather just wait and hope for things to go his way, even if it clearly isn't working or there are certain players (ones having a 'mare and doing sod all) who he should be replacing.

It's like the Spurs game a few months back, it's 1-1 and a fairly even game, so in the 60th minute Redknapp makes a change that sees his side go from one up front to two, i.e. he's going for the win. Pardew just twiddles his thumbs like a helpless bystander and only makes changes once he's forced to.

Similarly, had Swansea scored an early 2nd half goal today then just like that Spurs game, Pardew's substitutions would, without a shadow of a doubt, have been completely different.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm disappointed Pardew didn't bring on HBA today, but he might have had his reasons. I don't agree with the decision, but I'm not goin to hammer Pards too much because of it.

Exactly. Anyway I would rather hammer him for bringing Sammy on than not playing HBA.