Alan Pardew

JH

I can't believe I froze my arse off and lost the feeling in my toes to sit and watch headless chicken-ertan run around for 90 minutes and HBA sit on his arse on the bench.

Needs to sort out his tactics and substitutions or we'll be in for another poor return on Wednesday night. Needs to pull his finger out.

I can't believe I froze my arse off and lost the feeling in my toes to sit and watch headless chicken-ertan run around for 90 minutes and HBA sit on his arse on the bench.

Needs to sort out his tactics and substitutions or we'll be in for another poor return on Wednesday night. Needs to pull his finger out.

Struggle to see what Obertan did wrong like.

fucking about on the ball constantly throughout the first half instead of running/passing/crossing.

Santon the fullback showed him how to be winger. He just kept standing on the ball and trying to square up to the fullback before losing the ball and lightly jogging back.

Can someone explain to me how the last two results are any different to the results against newly promoted sides that supposedly cost Chris Hughton his job? Thought Pardew was brought in solely to stop this sort of thing happening?

Struggle to see what Obertan did wrong like.

Laughable reactions as always I see  :undecided:

We did very nearly enough to win the game today but just couldn't find the goal. Don't see a great deal wrong with the subs. Maybe they could have been made 5 mins earlier. It was obvious that Ben Arfa was set to come on before Tiote's cramp, but that changed things.

And for the record, I thought Obertan was dangerous and was unlucky to be the one who was taken off.

All in all, a frustrating day, but nothing that Pardew did particularly worried me.

Agreed.

Agreed

Name me a chance we had?

Oh yes Ba creating somehting out of nowt and hitting the pst, and Ameobi sprintiing into a ball from Santon (he did very little else, he was obviously knackered from that piercing run)

Anything else?

Possession doens't win you games unfortunately.

Pardew deserves the criticism today. He got the plaudits when we were 3rd and he neeeds to take the criticism now. His substitions were poor. The wrong personnel coming on and off, and badly timed.

West Brom could turn out to be another bad result based on Pardew's tactics the last 3 games.

How about Colos header onto the post, Ba's scuffed shot that hit the post, Ba getting on the end of that cross in the early part of the second half which we probably should have done better with, and the two times Santon and Obertan hit low crosses across the box which just needed Ba or Best to prod home of they didn't continue making the same runs as each other. You've got to be joking if you don't think we had a whole host of good chances surely?

Chances or half chances?

Yes that's right half chances against a newly promoted side at home. Those low crosses can't be called chances either. The amount fo ball we waste on the wings is also farcial.

We never looked like winning today, despite our possession. I understand that it looked like we created things against a side willing to sit back, but against teams like this we should be able to carve more out than 2 headers and a shot that Ba had to create all by himself because of the lack of service which i sbeggining to get worrying.

The reason Ba is statistically one of the best strikers in the league is because he feeds of scraps that our midfielders give him. We really are quite a toothless side in attack at times.

Can someone explain to me how the last two results are any different to the results against newly promoted sides that supposedly cost Chris Hughton his job? Thought Pardew was brought in solely to stop this sort of thing happening?

Shush, not allowed to say that.

Right, because I'm sure everyone here, who, for the past 3 years has acknowledged they don't trust anything the board says, has suddenly turned around and believed the board when they say that was the reason for Hughtons sacking?  The mock earnestness is cute but pointless.

I can't remember a specifically stated remit of Pardew being hired to "turn around the clubs results against newly promoted sides" though.  Willing to look at any evidence that can be provided.

We've dropped 2 points at home this season to a team we'd expect a guaranteed 3 points. Compare that to last season. Ridiculous comments from some people.

I understand dropping points is part and parcel of football. Its more the manner of it and how Pardew 'changed' the game or rather failed to.

We've dropped 2 points at home this season to a team we'd expect a guaranteed 3 points. Compare that to last season. Ridiculous comments from some people.

I understand dropping points is part and parcel of football. It;s more the manner of it and how Pardew 'changed' the game.

Without a doubt the subs were shocking. The way we played though, particularly first-half, was top notch imo.

Plenty of people defended his sacking on the basis of results. I can only hope they'll be of the same opinion about Pardew after today, because that was a dreadful result, all his fault, and doing otherwise will only expose their hypocrisy.

Plenty of people defended his sacking on the basis of results. I can only hope they'll be of the same opinion about Pardew after today, because that was a dreadful result, all his fault, and doing otherwise will only expose their hypocrisy.

We're 6th in the smegging league man Wullie. :lol:

We're a much better footballing team now and have given everyone a game this season bar perhaps Norwich.

I don't know if I can post this but look at the results Hughton had since the start of the season. http://nufc.com/html/2010-11html/fixtures.html

Do you think great wins akin to those against, Villa, Sunderland and Arsenal would be more likely to continue as the season went on, or the ones where we lost to Blackpool, Stoke at home, hammered off Bolton etc?

Fact is Hughtons games in charge there resembles a newly promoted side that pulls out great wins every now and again, but doesn't do it consistently and ends up dropping down the table. See Blackpool and Hull for examples.

Probably wrong to be too critical but i think he has got it wrong the last two games in preferring sammy to hatem. Unless Ben Arfa has done something behind the scenes but then he should'nt be on the bench if he has.

Guest Heneage

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Where were we when Hughton got the bullet? 9th maybe?

I don't think Pardew deserves the sack but I didn't think Hughton did either, that's the point, unlike plenty who were jumping through hoops to see the back of a bloke doing a marvellous job.

He needs six points from the next two though because the last two results are piss poor.

Where were we when Hughton got the bullet? 9th maybe?

I don't think Pardew deserves the sack but I didn't think Hughton did either, that's the point, unlike plenty who were jumping through hoops to see the back of a bloke doing a marvellous job.

He needs six points from the next two though because the last two results are p*ss poor.

11th and closer to a relegation battle than now that's for sure.

I wouldn't say there was plenty like.

Aye, in fairness I can't remember too many people being thrilled at his sacking, which as others have pointed out, was not result-related anyway IMO.