Alan Pardew

JH

Still can't believe there is people around who think we didn't have to accept the bid for Carroll.

£35m for a crock of shite, fucking hell, I would have driven him there myself for £10m.

irrelevant, we didn't have to, it was our decision. it looks like it was the right one, but there was still a decision to be made.

Yes, like there is a decision to be made if someone offers you a million pounds for one of your toenail clippings.

oh ok, well now you've made that witty analogy I think Pardew's comments are fine

“The point we are making is that if you are wanting to do business with us, then give us a chance. That’s basically the message we are giving.”

:lol:

What a f***ing stupid thing to say, we didn't HAVE to accept the Carroll bid, it's pathetic. Makes it sound like we want clubs to do us a favour by bidding for players, wankers.

It was completely in our interest to accept that bid though.. I think Liverpool fans should be the ones most upset by that, "If you want to buy one of our players, you will have to pay us 10 times what they're worth"

“The Andy Carroll sale did us no favours, so we will not be accepting that last-minute stuff any more,” said the Newcastle manager, whose side will face Carroll, along with fellow former Toon stars Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy, at Anfield tomorrow night.

“But as much as you can say you don’t want last-minute business, you are still vulnerable to a sovereign state coming in and giving you an oil well!

“So I’m never going to say never.

“The point we are making is that if you are wanting to do business with us, then give us a chance. That’s basically the message we are giving.”

:lol:

message is pretty clear sadly "open for business"  :(

Covering his tracks after what happened last January with Carroll really ("not for sale", "they can put any bid they want, Andy's not for sale".........£35 million bid accepted :okay:)

It's so clear that he's in Ashley's pocket when he comes out with this bollocks like. Advertising our players man, it's inexcusable.

Any other manager in the league would dodge the question or say they aren't for sale, Pardew may as well have them displayed in the fucking Sports Direct windows.

Going back to an earlier criticism levelled at Pardew re: HBA

There is much more where that came from,'

'I want to make something clear: I am nearly 100 per cent fit and if I play then I will show more to the fans – and more to the club.

'I was very happy to be on the pitch and to score that goal. It feels great. I think I’m just coming near to 100 per cent after my injury. I feel sharp and I feel good.

'And I’m really happy because the fans are behind me and supporting me, which is important to me.

Seems Ben Arfa himself is of the opinion that he's still not match fit.

If HBA goes on a run over the next few weeks/months and becomes a key player for the team, will people on here give Pardew the credit for doing the right thing by the player and the club's longer-term best interests?

Or will they still cling onto the opinion that the points dropped against Norwich, West Brom and Swansea would have been radically different if HBA had been pushed back into the first team before he was 100%?

Going back to an earlier criticism levelled at Pardew re: HBA

'I want to make something clear: I am nearly 100 per cent fit and if I play then I will show more to the fans – and more to the club.

'I was very happy to be on the pitch and to score that goal. It feels great. I think I’m just coming near to 100 per cent after my injury. I feel sharp and I feel good.

'And I’m really happy because the fans are behind me and supporting me, which is important to me.

Seems Ben Arfa himself is of the opinion that he's still not match fit and has benefited from Pardew taking it slowly with his return.

If HBA goes on a run over the next few weeks/months and becomes a key player for the team, will people on here give Pardew the credit for doing the right thing by the player and the club's longer-term best interests?

Or will they still cling onto the opinion that the points dropped against Norwich, West Brom and Swansea would have been radically different if HBA had been pushed back into the first team before he was 100%?

Where does Ben Arfa say that he "has benefited from Pardew taking it slowly with his return"?

Seems Ben Arfa himself is of the opinion that he's still not match fit and has benefited from Pardew taking it slowly with his return.

Where does Ben Arfa say that he "has benefited from Pardew taking it slowly with his return"?

You're right, he didn't - I was reading something else which was in the same article but not quoted. Edited the question.

Said it in the match thread but Pardew dropped his arse when Norwich beat us and hasn't recovered since. Absolutely sickening hearing him telling the players to knock it long when we've got good possession. Got everything wrong tonight and it's about the fourth or fifth game in a row.

We can't rely on the lads to play football in spite of the manager all season. Needs to give his head a shake, get the best players on the pitch and locate his testicles.