Alan Pardew

JH

Personally don't think he will change the system, it can also be argued he doesn't really have the players to change it to a more fluid 433. What he can do however is cut out the nonsense like hoofing from the back and get the side to move up the pitch together with short passes. This is the very least one can expect from professional footballers? Non?

Nothing Pardew has served up is remotely comparable to Allardyce, I wanted to kill myself when he was in charge.

For 30 or so minutes yesterday where it went like this I'd beg to disagree:

Krul - hoof - mackem header wins ball, they attack we clear our lines - hoof. Repeat repeat repeat.

We were f***ing awful yesterday and its more depressing given the quality of our players, players with the attributes to play really good football.

We played well in the second half.  The first half and the last few games have not been representative of the way we have played this season.

It's getting there though. We've been hitting the long ball and setting up more and more negatively every week since around the middle of December. With Man Utd the obvious and glaring exception, our performances since the Chelsea game have been dismal. It's to our credit that we've still managed to pick up points in that period but some of the winning performances have been incredibly poor. The excuse a few weeks ago was the absence of the central midfield but nothing has changed, in fact I'd say it's gotten worse.

We seldom try to pass the ball through midfield or have the wide players make any forward runs into space. It's become all about protecting the back four and we've got big problems if they really need protecting when 2-0 up at home to Wolves.

I would agree that performances have gradually got worse since the Chelsea game.  I genuinely think that Pardew was a bit rattled by that defeat and the loss of Saylor has not helped.  Genuinely think we will see a better brand of football for the rest of this season.  But we shall see.  I realise many will not share my sentiments.

Nothing Pardew has served up is remotely comparable to Allardyce, I wanted to kill myself when he was in charge.

For 30 or so minutes yesterday where it went like this I'd beg to disagree:

Krul - hoof - mackem header wins ball, they attack we clear our lines - hoof. Repeat repeat repeat.

We were f***ing awful yesterday and its more depressing given the quality of our players, players with the attributes to play really good football.

We played well in the second half.  The first half and the last few games have not been representative of the way we have played this season.

It's getting there though. We've been hitting the long ball and setting up more and more negatively every week since around the middle of December. With Man Utd the obvious and glaring exception, our performances since the Chelsea game have been dismal. It's to our credit that we've still managed to pick up points in that period but some of the winning performances have been incredibly poor. The excuse a few weeks ago was the absence of the central midfield but nothing has changed, in fact I'd say it's gotten worse.

We seldom try to pass the ball through midfield or have the wide players make any forward runs into space. It's become all about protecting the back four and we've got big problems if they really need protecting when 2-0 up at home to Wolves.

I would agree that performances have gradually got worse since the Chelsea game.  I genuinely think that Pardew was a bit rattled by that defeat and the loss of Saylor has not helped.  Genuinely think we will see a better brand of football for the rest of this season.  But we shall see.  I realise many will not share my sentiments.

Wish I had your confidence. We've got an extremely tough run of fixtures ahead of us in the next five games and have blown a fantastic chance to put some points on the board in the last two home games by simply being too negative and unwilling to play football, particularly last week, which should have been a real eye-opener. As close to a guaranteed three points as you can get in the Premier League and we barely got over the line with a point.

The second half yesterday was as good as I've seen an NUFC team peform in ages, even before the sending off. They had that double chance, but that was the only time I can remember them threatening in our box within 45 minutes. For making the change at half-time and introducing Ben Arfa, Pardew deserves some credit - many of the gripes in here have been that he doesn't react to a shit performance quickly enough. He certainly did yesterday, and introduced Shola at the right time too.

Basically, first half pathetic. Second half great. At least Pards rectified his mistake; with a bit of luck, we'd have won the game yesterday. Optimist here.

Get used to HTT man, he hates pardew and will only give him credit to prove he doesn't slag him off all the time but the overriding theme is obvious.

I don't hate him as much as I hate his bull s*** and his football.

I called him first and I'll be proved right. This isn't me trying to be some kind of sage shamen or something and I wont be happy when I'm proved right but f*** me its staring everyone in the face but our position seems to be blinding many. No side or manager will ever be successful playing the way we do and top players will never shine with such tactics. Pardew from day one has not changed the way we play and its actually getting progressively worse despite our players getting better.

Christ, straight out of the NE5 playbook. :lol:

For me, Pardew seems extraordinarily passionate about the game and his players (check out his post match on nufc.cock for starters). He prepares and gets the players fighting for the cause (Keegan said at the weekend that he gets the best out of players, but that's maybe a little to much to stomach for some at the moment) who while potentially are as an exciting a bunch as we have had for a long time, are not the world beaters we maybe like to portray at times.

I also think he has a style of football that is different to the one we have relied on maybe too much this season. Maybe not quite the tippy tappy some crave, but a kind the players seem to be on board with, and it was something Collocini highlighted in his 'why I signed a new contract' interview. I've certainly heard enough from him picking out and praising the kind of teams and players that play good football to still believe that.

Now, fair enough, there has been some turgid stuff since Christmas, struggling to get even the basics right, never mind to allow us a platform for the likes of HBA to shine, but injury and individual players loss of form has a part to play in this too, and I appreciate it when Pardew holds his hands up occasionally and admits that he (not the players) should have done better.

As it stands, Pardew seems a pretty great fit for the club at the moment, and I'm still excited more than wary to see where he might take us in the future. I had a feeling we may fall away at the back end of this season so maybe that cushioned my expectations a little, who knows, but a change in manager is way down on my to-do list for the club.

I agree too.  If Pardew was world class and getting the best out of this group week in and week out we'd probably be neck and neck with Spurs in 3rd. 

As it stands he's a middling to good manager with us in 6th who has seen his team beaten for pace and on the counter after playing a high line for half the year and has adjusted with a more defensive mindset to consolidate position.  This is an overcorrection and I don't know if he'll ratchet it back or not. 

He is not - I repeat he is not - the anti-christ.  I'm pretty sure of that. 

The second half yesterday was as good as I've seen an NUFC team peform in ages, even before the sending off. They had that double chance, but that was the only time I can remember them threatening in our box within 45 minutes. For making the change at half-time and introducing Ben Arfa, Pardew deserves some credit - many of the gripes in here have been that he doesn't react to a s*** performance quickly enough. He certainly did yesterday, and introduced Shola at the right time too.

Basically, first half pathetic. Second half great. At least Pards rectified his mistake; with a bit of luck, we'd have won the game yesterday. Optimist here.

Really? :lol:

So all you stupid wankers think that we've only played 'turgid' football and we've no hope at all under Pardew and Krul can't kick because Pardew puts him off and Pardew has nothing to do with us getting 6th place, in fact it's in spite of him, and it's okay to screw HMRC out of thousands of pounds, and of course, we'd be better off with HTT at the helm than Pardew?

Edit: Shit. Forgot to put a smiley somewhere: http://www.bitvertiser.com/emos/finger/finger-up-animated.gif

Our football has been poor at times since the beginning of the season and that's why people have been asking throughout the season when our football was going to change, as I think Pardew had hinted to.

Go back over the season so far and every so often you'll see the question asked, even when we were winning.

Against the mackems we were shit first half and that was after he had a week of working with the players who were not very good against Wolves.  Things were only improved when he did what most fans have been suggesting for months.  He did it and with a bit of luck he'll have learned a lesson.  If that's the case, why couldn't he learn that lesson without having to go through another poor 45 minutes? 

So all you stupid wankers think that we've only played 'turgid' football and we've no hope at all under Pardew and Krul can't kick because Pardew puts him off and Pardew has nothing to do with us getting 6th place, in fact it's in spite of him, and it's okay to screw HMRC out of thousands of pounds, and of course, we'd be better off with HTT at the helm than Pardew?

:lol:

Semtex you could not get a bite with your shit patter

I'm looking forward to the day you're proved right, and Pards is fired. I just want to see our world class XI reaching their Champions League potential. It'll warm my heart to see Danny Simpson roving down the right wing in the San Siro. The Rossoneri will be having flashbacks to the glory days of Cafu.

on the last page, so why not try discuss things reasonably rather than calling people wankers and such?

The second half yesterday was as good as I've seen an NUFC team peform in ages, even before the sending off. They had that double chance, but that was the only time I can remember them threatening in our box within 45 minutes. For making the change at half-time and introducing Ben Arfa, Pardew deserves some credit - many of the gripes in here have been that he doesn't react to a s*** performance quickly enough. He certainly did yesterday, and introduced Shola at the right time too.

Sorry for highlighting your particular post on this issue, it's not personal it was just the most recent.

How on earth can people credit a manager for making the mistake of not starting your best attacking player on the park by saying he made a good move by putting him on at the start of the second half?

There seems to be an obvious divide of younger fans and older ones on this board, nothing against the younger ones, and to be fair to them, this is probably the best they've seen in terms of league position as fans in their adult lives. The culture of acceptance among those is quite startling to me, having seen tenures like Pardew's an amount of times I can count on almost 2 hands now since we returned to the top flight (and I mean in 1993-1994). It's difficult to express on a forum to fans who love the club, who are obviously younger, a voice of experience while sitting behind a keyboard and a computer screen where people's automatic defensive postures are protected by a shroud of anonymity, with the tendency to pick apart well thought-out posts one sentence at a time, let alone word by word, to build a sense of an online persona. Hi Ronaldo.

The over-analysis of the 4-3-3 Keegan tactic is 100% unequivocally irrelevant.  The point I was making, is that such a manager of that calibre had the confidence and the nous to be able to identify a system that would possibly and logically fit the team he had at his disposal - and try it. If anyone believes for one moment Alan Pardew is doing this with our team, or even attempting to, well I don't know what I can say to you, other than ignorance is bless. If you believe that hoofing the ball long to 2 players who are incapable of playing the way they were asked to (hold up the ball/provide the second ball) is the correct thing to do, and simply blame Krul for his 'poor distribution', I must politely ask you perhaps post a little less and read a little more from those that do know what they are talking about. This won't happen, but I can still ask all the same.

I could walk the forum through, player by player, how as a squad, where we sit compared with other squads we've had in all our team in the Premier League and show you that we are almost as strong now as we've ever been compared to previous squads. But some people will just refuse to concede a point, as this is an internet forum where you cannot be wrong, just to save face. So I'm not going to waste the keystrokes, people with the experience following this club know this anyway.

If people are happy, let them be happy. But those people that do seem to be happy, also seem to be the ones saying things like the tactical 'masterstroke' of putting HBA on at half time, Krul's poor distribution and how poor our front 2 were yesterday were of no fault of the manager, and this is quite simply wrong. As a fan of 22 years I can very confidently say that Hatem Ben Arfa is one of the most confident and technically skilled players we've ever had in my time, and I would humbly suggest that others who have seen us for longer would agree also, as prior to when I started watching us we weren't exactly in the best of shape until a lot further back. How a football manager cannot accommodate his best player is at the least troubling at any level, but how a Premier League Manager cannot accommodate his best player is shocking. Rewind to Bellamy under Souness, arguably our best player at the time.

Due to the nature of this debate and where it's occurring, I know I'm never going to 'win', nor am I trying to - that would be impossible. But you cannot argue with the facts - we are 6th, we are performing as well now as under Roeder, Souness, Allardyce, Dalglish or Gullit. Each and every one of those managers, were found out when results caught up with their performances as the tactics and the management were simply not up to the level required. How many of those managers have gone on to any degree of success after leaving here? Zero. Because they were all poor, and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Alan Pardew is in exactly the same bracket. How long he lasts will be how long he can be carried by the outstanding individual quality of 5-6 of our players.

A good PR man for the club, a good man-manager and a good manager at being able to relate to the fans (although how much of this is down to John Carver's presence is conspicuous). There is a reason managers sacked over and over again at smaller clubs in lower leagues don't strike it lucky at a Premier League club - because they are simply not good enough, and most Premier League chairmen would never hire a manager with his record, it's the basics of recruitment. Take a look at his CV and his reasons for having left his previous clubs and every single chairman would run a mile - except a chairman like Mike Ashley - a track record of being a risk-taker and having an impulsive business mantra. I suppose I better be quiet now and cut all hopes of ever challenging at the top of the table again, just how Mike Ashley likes it.

Take it easy, man  :lol: The fact of the matter is that Pardew has implemented a dire style of football into our team when it is blatantly obvious that it brings little or no success. People have the right to be frustrated that we have, for no logical reason, abandoned the style of play- decent ball- that got us to our current lofty height. Especially considering the players Pardew has at his disposal. And the fact that Pardew refuses to play our most creative and naturally gifted player instead of a mediocre one-trick pony in Ryan Taylor.

Pardew has done very well for himself, but he's starting to undo it all and in the last couple of months has, imo, signalled that he will only be able to take us so far.

Take it easy, man  :lol: The fact of the matter is that Pardew has implemented a dire style of football into our team when it is blatantly obvious that it brings little or no success. People have the right to be frustrated that we have, for no logical reason, abandoned the style of play- decent ball- that got us to our current lofty height. Especially considering the players Pardew has at his disposal. And the fact that Pardew refuses to play our most creative and naturally gifted player instead of a mediocre one-trick pony in Ryan Taylor.

Pardew has done very well for himself, but he's starting to undo it all and in the last couple of months has, imo, signalled that he will only be able to take us so far.

Don't really disagree with much of that.. but "Agree with HTT" is not equal to your post. "Agree with HTT" is a sentence that no sane man should utter.

Edit: Seriously, the man thinks we'd be better off with him in charge. He think he's got more ability to manage a football team than Alan Pardew. I just don't know. It's just wrong.

One thing I will say about right now though is I like the stability we have,we are not a joke for once and things have gone well for a while.success is almost always allied with long termism and I am terrified of the prospect of Mike Ashley ever making another managerial appointment

Don't really disagree with much of that.. but "Agree with HTT" is not equal to your post. "Agree with HTT" is a sentence that no sane man should utter.

Edit: Seriously, the man thinks we'd be better off with him in charge. He think he's got more ability to manage a football team than Alan Pardew. I just don't know. It's just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why his posts might not go down with you (plural), but I think he has the right idea about Pardew. He's just simply not able to get the best out of a very talented side (at the moment, at least). Whether HTT is one for the job I'm not so sure. Poll?  :shifty:

One thing I will say about right now though is I like the stability we have,we are not a kole for once and things have gone well for a while.success is almost always allied with long termism and I am terrified of the prospect of Mike Ashley ever making another managerial appointment

I agree 100%. I just can't get over my doubts about Pardew right now. God knows, I've tried for long enough :lol:

Guest Dontooner

Is more of a agenda you have with HTT.

Tired of the Pardew talk, we will get to see if he is a PR Fraud or the real deal sooner or later.

This is my Personal point of view, I have watched alot of football in my life and seen many good managers. Alan Pardew is not one of them, he is quite average or slightly below average. I think he can get us playing slightly better than recent, but thats all the improvement, i am expecting from a average manager.