Alan Pardew

JH

Why quote your post? Because you replied to mine. :serious:

Just sayin', the attributes that our players have means that we should be able to play good football.

But that would mean them abandoning their rigid defensive postional instructions.

Like when Ameoibi comes on and shouts and points at Cab and Tiote to stay back. ;)

It's insane that this side peppered with full internationals is worrying about beating a bunch of potato farmers at home.

Why quote your post? Because you replied to mine. :serious:

Just sayin', the attributes that our players have means that we should be able to play good football.

But that would mean them abandoning their rigid defensive postional instructions.

Like when Ameoibi comes on and shouts and points at Cab and Tiote to stay back. ;)

It's insane that this side peppered with full internationals is worrying about beating a bunch of potato farmers at home.

This is key, its not players who can't, its players who aren't allowed to.

Our free kick routines are pathetic. We might as well forefit free kicks and corners and let the opposition have the ball - save our energy.

It's become a joke that Williamson thing. Every single time and I don't think it's actually worked once.

Guest bimpy474

Our free kick routines are pathetic. We might as well forefit free kicks and corners and let the opposition have the ball - save our energy.

It's become a joke that Williamson thing. Every single time and I don't think it's actually worked once.

Very true, and have you ever seen us try a short one, its just so predictable.

We have so many players who are better than average with the ball into their feet - Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Coloccini, Santon and Jonas from our first eleven.

How come Swansea play better football than we do?

Because they've been playing that way for a number of seasons, back to when Martinez was in charge.

It takes time to change a teams playing style.

We have so many players who are better than average with the ball into their feet - Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Coloccini, Santon and Jonas from our first eleven.

How come Swansea play better football than we do?

Because they've been playing that way for a number of seasons, back to when Martinez was in charge.

It takes time to change a teams playing style.

Is that what you think's happening here?  Where's the logic in the football seemingly becoming more direct as the season goes on in that case?

Exactly. I don't understand this "We're in a rush and need a goal, let's hoof the freekick into the box" because that's exactly what the opposition wants. Play it short, get it to the wingers and swing a decent cross in for the strikers/CBs.

It took Martin O'Neill no more than two or three games to change their playing style, they had his counter attacking style written all over them almost instantly without even signing any players.

Exactly. I don't understand this "We're in a rush and need a goal, let's hoof the freekick into the box" because that's exactly what the opposition wants. Play it short, get it to the wingers and swing a decent cross in for the strikers/CBs.

LERL

It took Martin O'Neill no more than two or three games to change their playing style, they had his counter attacking style written all over them almost instantly without even signing any players.

bit keegan-esque really, take away celtic he's not really achieved a great deal more than keegan did in his day either but similar in their ability to motivate and get teams playing imo

bit keegan-esque really, take away celtic he's not really achieved a great deal more than keegan did in his day either but similar in their ability to motivate and get teams playing imo

O'Neill's teams have never played football as good as what Keegan got some of his teams playing.

O'Neill's teams have never played football as good as what Keegan got some of his teams playing.

not in dispute but they're similar managers in the respect that they can motivate and get more out of players but neither were ever able to push on to the next level...remember MoN being talked about for manyoo?  he's a way off that just now isn't he?

still time for him mind, he's young enough

I think Wullie's point about MoN wasn't to compare him with Keegan, it was more to rubbish this notion that Pardew hasn't got the players to play football on the deck. It's utter shit as far as I'm concerned, we have more than good enough footballers, but Pardew hasn't got either the balls or the coaching ability to encourage football played from the back.

I think Wullie's point about MoN wasn't to compare him with Keegan, it was more to rubbish this notion that Pardew hasn't got the players to play football on the deck. It's utter s*** as far as I'm concerned, we have more than good enough footballers, but Pardew hasn't got either the balls or the coaching ability to encourage football played from the back.

By whom, Krul, Danny Simpson and Mike Williamson? Wake up and take a look at these players when they have the ball.

By whom, Krul, Danny Simpson and Mike Williamson? Wake up and take a look at these players when they have the ball.

You've named 2 out of 10 outfield players who can't, any more?

I think Wullie's point about MoN wasn't to compare him with Keegan, it was more to rubbish this notion that Pardew hasn't got the players to play football on the deck. It's utter s*** as far as I'm concerned, we have more than good enough footballers, but Pardew hasn't got either the balls or the coaching ability to encourage football played from the back.

How have Sunderland suddenly started bringing the ball out quite comfortably sine O'Neill took over? Are their defenders so much more skilful than ours?