Alan Pardew

JH

I realise there's a chance we may finally compromise over Debuchy but my gut feeling is that we're not going to get anyone in before the window, perhaps Carroll for cut price on deadline day. It's worrying because right back has been a weak area that has needed replacing for a year now, and we've had a great window of opportunity to do it. We've got a month left of transfer time, but I'm not particularly optimistic. Lille are (quite rightly) being as resilient and difficult to work with as possible and it doesn't bode well. They want Debuchy for another year and Mike/Dekka don't really like being dictated to.

Guest BooBoo

He needs to drop this "at least we haven't lost anyone" horseshit.

How's it horseshit? It's pretty significant, surely?

It's trotted out time after time, certainly more so when we've not made inroads into signing players. I've said it before but it's not unreadable to expect a club of our size to keep a hold of our best players AND bring new ones in.

Haha, Otters on a massive trolling exercise.

All of Pardew's soundbites sound fine to me, in fact very sensible. This bit in particular....

“It’s better to be patient with the ones that you want, rather than going down the list a little bit.”

I honestly couldn't care a less if we signed players today or on deadline day. And to be honest, if people said before the transfer window that we'd keep all of our major players and add someone of quality like Debuchy (which I'm confident will still happen) then I would say that's a good window.

Not even remotely panicking. And this window isn't close to being a disaster as some are making out / trolling.

Good post, holding out for Cisse worked out well.

I'm eager for us to add players but am more Hindu than otter at the moment.  Business people are very long term in focus and we as fans are very focussed on the immediate.  I trust them to get it right but have long resigned myself to arduous transfer windows - its our approach now and i'm right behind it.