Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

Guest TrueToon

I think MON is another sound appointment IMO

I agree with you but I dont think he will come here knowing Ashley's alleged interference in affairs,Thats why he left Villa unfortunately...

Exactly. How many of them would have been randomly tuned in to the FC Twente - Spurs pre-match in Dutch? :lol:

Ok, fine.  Point taken.

Why make that statement to that audience? surely it would be best made towards press over here if it's going to have swift impact?

Even Caulkin is in the game and he didn't say anything about this...

#martinjol says his friendship with #chrishughton means he is not interested in the #newcastle job. @CaulkinTheTimes

Even Caulkin is in the game and he didn't say anything about this...

#martinjol says his friendship with #chrishughton means he is not interested in the #newcastle job. @CaulkinTheTimes

i follow him my self I have not seen that on Caulkin Tweet today...

Oh wait no...it was something he retweeted 2 hours ago.

robertdineen robertdineen

by CaulkinTheTimes

Exactly. How many of them would have been randomly tuned in to the FC Twente - Spurs pre-match in Dutch? :lol:

Ok, fine.  Point taken.

Why make that statement to that audience? surely it would be best made towards press over here if it's going to have swift impact?

Why would a Dutch agent representing a Dutch manager contact UK television ahead of NL television if he wanted to communicate his client's stance..?

In need to clarify something however: there was no footage of the agent reading out a statement, just the presenter reading out a statement and that statement being displayed as a quote across the entire screen whilst it was being read.

I have no doubt it was genuine. Whether the agent is speaking the truth is a different matter of course..

by CaulkinTheTimes

Well done Martin Jol.

Guest Brummiemag

Not read the thread but why on earth would a decent manager like Jol want to work under Ashley? I rate Jol, he plays good football, but I would be amazed if he came here and I would be worried about his motives if he did.

No decent manager would ever come here and work under Ashley after the way he undermined Keegan and now Houghton

Why does anyone have any shred of optimism that this could possibly happen? I can't and it won't. Ashley struck lucky with Keegan before he had ruined his reputation, but then he ruined that gamble and since then has appointed Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer and, of course, Chris Hughton. Let's get real here.

I'm done with this club.

Ok, fine.  Point taken.

Why would a Dutch agent representing a Dutch manager contact UK television ahead of NL television if he wanted to communicate his client's stance..?

In need to clarify something however: there was no footage of the agent reading out a statement, just the presenter reading out a statement and that statement being displayed as a quote across the entire screen whilst it was being read.

I have no doubt it was genuine. Whether the agent is speaking the truth is a different matter of course..

Not saying they shouldn't state it over there, just thought it would make sense to send the statement to the media over here too, given that it's about a club in this country.

by CaulkinTheTimes

Would expect nothing less from a man of integrity like Jol. Way above our club right now.

No manager with any self respect or intelligence would take this job on. The powers that be dont know what they are doing and they dont have any respect for their employees.

The job has always been nicknamed a poison chalice, little doubt it is now. Unsuprising if Pardew is as good as we can get.

Maybe not the agent himself but its surprising that no one from that NL TV channel made contact with a contact with a UK channel/media outlet. In this age of telecommunications, surely they must all have contact in all of the major European countries and relay various bits of news and gossip.

:dontknow:

Maybe not the agent himself but its surprising that no one from that NL TV channel made contact with a contact with a UK channel/media outlet. In this age of telecommunications, surely they must all have contact in all of the major European countries and relay various bits of news and gossip.

:dontknow:

Well you would think so, but evidently not..

I actually haven't seen this on any of the ducth media websites (through news.google.nl).  That article that was posted was not about his agent commenting.  And I don't know Twitter, but isn't that somebody posting to Caulkin about this, not Caulkin posting himself?