OFFICIAL WELCOME TO NUFC Mr PARDEW THREAD.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest The Corner

But then Chris got popular, which was a threat to Ashley. Started doing things like winning games, which would make him too big for his boots and give him all these ideas about wanting a premier league wage and getting to pick his own assistant.

I kna mate. Am trying to cling on to some sort of positivity but it's ne use. I would just love to kna what goes through the fat mans head

I bet his basic wage is actually quite low. I'm baffled by the length of the contract like.

I think the length of the contract is quite meaningless really as it will not cost Ashley much to break it, once bitten etc.. what it might be supposed to represent is a new era of stability.. look, a 5.5 yr contract, time for long-term thinking.

I bet his basic wage is actually quite low. I'm baffled by the length of the contract like.

I think the length of the contract is quite meaningless really as it will not cost Ashley much to break it, once bitten etc.. what it might be supposed to represent is a new era of stability.. look, a 5.5 yr contract, time for long-term thinking.

I'd be amazed if there's not a severence clause installed. Not a chance he'll be here 5+ years.

I for one will never support Pardew.

I'd support him if he brought us success.

But he won't.

I'd support him if he was Chris Hughton!

:lol: You don't even bother turning up to support your own team!

(but you might be tempted to join in for a protest ;) )

But he won't.

Not sure if this was to me but I'm a season ticket holder

Right, now that it's set in stone, my anger has turned to resignation.

I wish you all the best Mr Pardew, I genuinely hope, for the clubs sake, you can keep the players we love and move us onwards and upwards as you say.

I was sickened by the circumstances leading to your appointment, but I wish you all the luck in the world. Frankly, as we stand I can't see it ever happening, but if at some point we do start singing you name with joy rather than hate, you will have earned it.

:thup:

Last paragraph could have been written for Hughton 15 months ago the way some people reacted to his appointment.

He got there in the end.

True, though I took to Hughton immediately, just went about things logically and talked sense. Still have no idea about Pardew and am not in the mood to watch videos of him yet. We'll see... if he comes accross as as much of a prick as people say, then he'll have an even greater task than Hughton ever did for me.

Hughton had more class in his little finger than most people in football management have in total. It's hard to understand why he was so hated initially.

P.S. Never has your sig been more apt than this week.

Agree, on both counts.

But he won't.

I'm sure you are :lol:

Got to say I'm very tempted to head to St. James just to see what occurs. I'm happy to join in any protest as this whole thing is a complete joke

Not to sit in your season ticket seat, eh?  :doh:

But he won't.

Got to say I'm very tempted to head to St. James just to see what occurs. I'm happy to join in any protest as this whole thing is a complete joke

The tempted to go to St. James comment was about the press conference today. I shall definitely be there on Saturday to protest and voice my opinion during the game.

Pardew has all the makings of another Souness for me but he's here now and it's his job to prove his critics wrong. I won't be sitting here hoping he fails, he needs to show us what he's got and that other than talking a good game (which he doesn't really) he can actually set up a side to play good football. Good luck.

But he won't.

The tempted to go to St. James comment was about the press conference today. I shall definitely be there on Saturday to protest and voice my opinion during the game.

:thup: fair play then, just don't boo your own team like the mongs will :)

Pardew has all the makings of another Souness for me but he's here now and it's his job to prove his critics wrong. I won't be sitting here hoping he fails, he needs to show us what he's got and that other than talking a good game (which he doesn't really) he can actually set up a side to play good football. Good luck.

Hughtons dismissal, and Pardews appointment has made this on a par with when Souness was anounced, but I have a damn sight more faith in how Pardew goes about getting a team to play decent football and as a character, than I ever had for Souness.

I think it would be fucking stupid not to wish the guy good luck, and to get behind him if he does a good job. But I'm going into this like the majority (if not all) of the fans with a load of scepticism and fearing the worst.

The bloke needs to win us over and the only way to do that is through success on the pitch, good luck to him and I hope to god he goes on to prove all of us wrong.