OFFICIAL WELCOME TO NUFC Mr PARDEW THREAD.

Crumpy Gunt

It seems to me that it is clearly his fault that he is our new manager.  How this thing unfolded would have the Byzantine Empire taking notes, to say the least.  Certainly nothing is ironclad, but as far as I am concerned, Pardew is a duplicitous piece of garbage who had no problem with playing a part in this night of long knives scenario.

Backing him now is only giving more power to Ashley's sociopathic decisions.  I give a s*** about the club, and these fools, including Pardew, represent the wanton destruction of it.   Loyalty is one thing, but unconditional loyalty can be as self-destructive as anything.

My opinions mimic this, basically.  :thup:

Saying we'll go down anyway is the wrong attitude if anything.

And not rocking the boat and turning up with fixed grins is not going to make any difference either, just do whichever makes you feel better, blocking it out of your mind and acting like evrything's fine, happy clapping and backing the manager the players hate, or kicking off and making Pardew feel like Nick Clegg at a student rally.  Same outcome, different route.

So you're keen on relegation, then.

You obviously are.

I honestly don't believe you're quite as stupid as your posts to me make you appear.

Says the man who backed Graeme Souness 100% all the way through his tenure. Backing Pardew will see us relegated.

Care to explain how? And whilst you're at it tell me also how not giving the manager a chance would save us?

Not giving Parddew a chance to take us down has an outside chance of saving us.

Ok let's continue this discussion since at least you are attempting to use logic. Explain to me 2 things, first how exactly are our actions going to force Pardew out?

What manager wants to stand on a touchline week in, week out, gettign dogs abuse from his own fans and having to sneak into the stadium?

Second assuming we do succeed, what then...who will take over? Hughton?

Beardsley?  I'd rather have an unknown quantity than the known quantity of Pardew.  If Ashley finds he's not actually doing his mates a favour by giving them jobs at the expense of the club, but it can become a curse, maybe he might think twice about doing it?

If we back Pardew, who do we have as manager?  Pardew? Oh, wait, my version of that question wasn't as rhetorical as yours.

Care to explain how? And whilst you're at it tell me also how not giving the manager a chance would save us?

This has all been brought on because Hughton was sacked and replaced by Pardew.  Pardew has been waiting in the wings for at least a month so he a massive player in the sacking.  Hughton has made and repeated mistakes but at this time he didn't deserve the treatment that he's received, he should be picking the team and leading them out tomorrow.

Why does he deserve to be given a chance?

It seems to me that it is clearly his fault that he is our new manager.  How this thing unfolded would have the Byzantine Empire taking notes, to say the least.  Certainly nothing is ironclad, but as far as I am concerned, Pardew is a duplicitous piece of garbage who had no problem with playing a part in this night of long knives scenario.

Backing him now is only giving more power to Ashley's sociopathic decisions.  I give a s*** about the club, and these fools, including Pardew, represent the wanton destruction of it.   Loyalty is one thing, but unconditional loyalty can be as self-destructive as anything.

Agreed.

Basically, none of us know what's going to happen, and my predictions may be different from yours.  I cannot see this ending well.  i cannot see it lasting more than a season.  At the moment, we're in chaos anyway.  Pardew walking away within the next few months is just another aspect of the current chaos.  What I can see happening is that we teeter on for a while, things calm down, the inevitable happens, the shit hits the fan and then we have a new period of chaos, rather than just an extended current one.  Basically, I'd like what I see as Pardew's inevitable departure to come now or soon, while things are already up in the air and shit is kicking off everywhere rather than it happening 6-12 months down the line when we have to do all this shit again.

Forcing Ashley's mate to jack it in the job he gifted him would be a major victory for the club and fans, possibly the first tangible thing we've been able to take off him (certainly more quantifiable than poorly supported attempts to hit his pocket by not buying a pie.)   And that can only be a good thing for the power balance of this relationship.

Ok let's continue this discussion since at least you are attempting to use logic. Explain to me 2 things, first how exactly are our actions going to force Pardew out? Second assuming we do succeed, what then...who will take over? Hughton?

Anybody who supports Pardew supports everything that has happened this week as he's played a part in the sacking.

And not rocking the boat and turning up with fixed grins is not going to make any difference either, just do whichever makes you feel better, blocking it out of your mind and acting like evrything's fine, happy clapping and backing the manager the players hate, or kicking off and making Pardew feel like Nick Clegg at a student rally.  Same outcome, different route.

You obviously are.

I honestly don't believe you're quite as stupid as your posts to me make you appear.

Says the man who backed Graeme Souness 100% all the way through his tenure. Backing Pardew will see us relegated.

Ok let's continue this discussion since at least you are attempting to use logic. Explain to me 2 things, first how exactly are our actions going to force Pardew out?

What manager wants to stand on a touchline week in, week out, gettign dogs abuse from his own fans and having to sneak into the stadium?

Beardsley?  I'd rather have an unknown quantity than the known quantity of Pardew.  If Ashley finds he's not actually doing his mates a favour by giving them jobs at the expense of the club, but it can become a curse, maybe he might think twice about doing it?

If we back Pardew, who do we have as manager?  Pardew? Oh, wait, my version of that question wasn't as rhetorical as yours.

You really think a manager is going to quit his job just because of some fans abuse? Short of physically assaulting him to a pulp, there is nothing we can do to force Pardew out especially not when Ashley is firmly behind him.

I have very low opinion of Pardew but I am completely confident that he will prove to be a better manager than Beardsley. Most people complain that Pardew does not have the experience to keep us up yet you prefer someone who does note eve have any managerial experience...at all. Oh and you must have missed the part on how Beardsley is also a buddy to Ashley. If the papers are to be believed part of the reason why Hughton was sacked is because he refused to take on Beardsley as assistant manager as Ashely wanted. 

You obviously are.

You really think a manager is going to quit his job just because of some fans abuse? Short of physically assaulting him to a pulp, there is nothing we can do to force Pardew out especially not when Ashley is firmly behind him.

I have very low opinion of Pardew but I am completely confident that he will prove to be a better manager than Beardsley. Most people complain that Pardew does not have the experience to keep us up yet you prefer someone who does note eve have any managerial experience...at all. Oh and you must have missed the part on how Beardsley is also a buddy to Ashley. If the papers are to be believed part of the reason why Hughton was sacked is because he refused to take on Beardsley as assistant manager as Ashely wanted. 

Ask Jack Charlton

You really think a manager is going to quit his job just because of some fans abuse?

Uh, yes?  Happens on a regular basis.

Yep, and even after all that I'd still rather have Beardsley, Stone, Lee Clark, pretty much anyone other than this horrible boil of a man.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You really think a manager is going to quit his job just because of some fans abuse?

Uh, yes? Happens on a regular basis.

Yep, and even after all that I'd still rather have Beardsley, Stone, Lee Clark, pretty much anyone other than this horrible boil of a man. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You say that as if Lee Clark would be a bad thing! I'd jump at the chance to have him here now.

Considering team spirit and morale is pretty much the only thing that's been getting us anywhere, it's absolutely crazy to suggest it's playing it safe to stick by a man which such a record of completely dismantling morale (to the point where he was sacked in spite of a 4-0 win for creating a 'suicidal' atmosphere at Southampton) rather than seeing what's in the box if we don't play nice.

The gamble is shrugging our shoulders and saying "Oh well, guess we've got to get behind him."

I must say, despite his blatant character and managerial flaws, he's actually very well presented. Handsome, meticulously groomed and obviously not averse to the odd sunbed session, I feel an odd kinship of sorts with this fellow.

I must say, despite his blatant character and managerial flaws, he's actually very well presented. Handsome, meticulously groomed and obviously not averse to the odd sunbed session, I feel an odd kinship of sorts with this fellow.

He's a big shagger for a reason. Maybe he even drink/drives sometimes.

Everyone knows sacking Chris Hughton was disgraceful, however as a fan of the club I'd always hope everyone at the club did well because ultimately my main concern is the well being of Newcastle United.

I don't particular like Alan Pardew, but I'm praying he starts well because I sure as hell don't want to be back in the Championship regardless of manager.

If you even shot Pards a funny look in a dream, you better be sure you wake up and beg him for forgiveness.

Players gave him a decent welcome :thup: can only hope it continues.

Was it Hughton's team though?

Did Stone tell him to bring Ranger on?

Post HT team-talk was Liverpool's best spell of the game, does this bode negatively for future team talks?

On the other hand, it was a very watchable game (if lacking in consistent quality).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Post HT team-talk was Liverpool's best spell of the game, does this bode negatively for future team talks?

Nah, that's just the players, they always come out shite for the first 10mins of the 2nd half.  :angry:

Nah, that's just the players, they always come out shite for the first 10mins of the 2nd half.  :angry:

Thought it was the other way around under CH? Certainly was last weekend.