Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool - 11/12/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Guest neesy111

If the fans get behind the team, they can be the 12th man.  Despite for all my misforgivens for what has happened to the club over the last 4 years, I always sing my heart out when I'm at the match and back the lads.  Everyone should be doing that.

If the fans get behind the team, they can be the 12th man.  Despite for all my misforgivens for what has happened to the club over the last 4 years, I always sing my heart out when I'm at the match and back the lads.  Everyone should be doing that.

Sorry for chuckling  :lol:

Proud of the lads for getting on with the job of behaving like pros like they should do despite whats happened in recent days,well done Pardew for just getting on with it and staying in the back ground cos it must be bloody awkward atm for him trying to win the fans and players over when we resent him being here but thats human nature  :clap:,never in a million years expected that result  :nope: but footballs a funny old game .

:lol:

I lolled quite a lot at Hodgson's face rubbing on MOTD, it was class!

Truth is that Liverpool have been carried by Gerrard for years, and they're generally not a great side at all. Torres might regain his form, but even if he does the rest of the squad isn't brilliant.

Liverpool without Carra and Gerrard are weak as piss. Especially when Torres cant be arsed.

But the same team was at the top of the last 8 games form table and had just brushed Villa aside 3-0 without Torres.

Credit where due I think we pressed them very well and generally got our game tactics just about right, seriously reducing their effectiveness.

Great result we really pressed them and didn't allow them the freedom Villa had on Monday.

Someone behind me said Krul's save from Torres could be a match winning one. Prophetic words indeed.

Amazing crowd 50K plus for an evening match going out live on TV just before Christmas - if Pardew didn't know what we're about before he will now.

Not much of a demo despite the hype. Nothing at the ticket office and just a few dozen kids outside the main entrance when I walked past at about 10 to 5. Looks like anyone over 16 had decided to stay in the pub instead. The usual anti-Ashley songs inside but much louder than recently and a generally great atmosphere made for a splendid evening.

Demo outside main entrance was a lot bigger than a few dozen kids at half four.

Did anyone listen to Roeder on 5 Live this morning. Very impressed, not a bad word to say about the club or the fans. Clearly still bleeds black and white despite all the mental scarring he went through when he was manager.

Almost as impressive as Barton's post-match interview. Whatever else you can say about him, he does understand this club and what it's about. Hope he can continue to channel all that positively.

Fair do's I wasn't counting but looked like a few dozen to me and mostly kids, although there were a few standing round gawping and taking photos etc. They do benefit from great accoustics in that tunnel mind.

Didn't hear Roeder's interview but you're spot on - he was an absolute top guy - he loved every minute he spent on Tyneside and was a real adopted Geordie, a very humble guy too - not unlike CH.

Agree about Barton - he has to be one of the most intelligent and eloquent pros in the game, which just makes some of his outrageous past behaviour seem even wierder.

You were very well informed regarding the last weeks occurences and in the absence of much info trickling down from the politburo I'd be interested to know if there is much truth in something I heard in town last night. Someone reliable told me that a squad member had told Hughton he was refusing to travel to an away game if he wasn't in the team and CH gave him his own way. Sensing indiscipline problems on top of a few poor performances, Ashley decided to act quick and that was the end for Hughton.

Source told me he admires Ashley for making unpopular decisions when he feels he needs to, rather than letting something drag on and going badly wrong - just like he's done in his businesses.

I always sing as well, but the problem is, it's not the done thing at home games. Normally people complain as if I'm trying to cause trouble or something. They normally make some snide remark that I'm at the wrong match.

Guest neesy111

I always sing as well, but the problem is, it's not the done thing at home games. Normally people complain as if I'm trying to cause trouble or something. They normally make some snide remark that I'm at the wrong match.

I have a similar problem when I go as well.

Great result we really pressed them and didn't allow them the freedom Villa had on Monday.

Someone behind me said Krul's save from Torres could be a match winning one. Prophetic words indeed.

Amazing crowd 50K plus for an evening match going out live on TV just before Christmas - if Pardew didn't know what we're about before he will now.

Not much of a demo despite the hype. Nothing at the ticket office and just a few dozen kids outside the main entrance when I walked past at about 10 to 5. Looks like anyone over 16 had decided to stay in the pub instead. The usual anti-Ashley songs inside but much louder than recently and a generally great atmosphere made for a splendid evening.

Demo outside main entrance was a lot bigger than a few dozen kids at half four.

Did anyone listen to Roeder on 5 Live this morning. Very impressed, not a bad word to say about the club or the fans. Clearly still bleeds black and white despite all the mental scarring he went through when he was manager.

Almost as impressive as Barton's post-match interview. Whatever else you can say about him, he does understand this club and what it's about. Hope he can continue to channel all that positively.

Fair do's I wasn't counting but looked like a few dozen to me and mostly kids, although there were a few standing round gawping and taking photos etc. They do benefit from great accoustics in that tunnel mind.

Didn't hear Roeder's interview but you're spot on - he was an absolute top guy - he loved every minute he spent on Tyneside and was a real adopted Geordie, a very humble guy too - not unlike CH.

Agree about Barton - he has to be one of the most intelligent and eloquent pros in the game, which just makes some of his outrageous past behaviour seem even wierder.

You were very well informed regarding the last weeks occurences and in the absence of much info trickling down from the politburo I'd be interested to know if there is much truth in something I heard in town last night. Someone reliable told me that a squad member had told Hughton he was refusing to travel to an away game if he wasn't in the team and CH gave him his own way. Sensing indiscipline problems on top of a few poor performances, Ashley decided to act quick and that was the end for Hughton.

Source told me he admires Ashley for making unpopular decisions when he feels he needs to, rather than letting something drag on and going badly wrong - just like he's done in his businesses.

Interesting - got to say that Ashley's track record with us doesn't lend much credence to the idea that he has his finger on the pulse or any f*cking clue what he's doing tbh, but there is clearly stuff that goes on we never get to know about.

Made my third trip of the season from Norway to Newcastle this weekend. The two previous games I´ve seen this season was 6-0 vs Villa and 5-1 vs Mackems.  I´ve seen six goals from Kevin Nolan in 270 minutes of football. It´s fuckin crazy!  :celb:

Guest neesy111

Made my third trip of the season from Norway to Newcastle this weekend. The two previous games I´ve seen this season was 6-0 vs Villa and 5-1 vs Mackems.  I´ve seen six goals from Kevin Nolan in 270 minutes of football. It´s fuckin crazy!  :celb:

I can beat that, just.  Last 3 home games.

Barnsley 6-1, Villa 6-0, Mackems 5-1.

you need to come more often.........