Birmingham v Newcastle Pre-Match Thread - rearranged for Tuesday 15th February

Ameritoon

Aren't matches usually called off for weather because of the surrounding areas being treacherous and not the pitch/stadium itself?

This.

Fucking does my nut in when people write "This", as if you're giving your authorative stamp that the above statement is correct.

Would you do it in the street?

"Hey Dave, do you fancy going to the match on Saturday?"

"This"

This.

:lol:

Tall Striker

This

bluelaugh.gif

sky going with a strange possible starting XI line-up, 'Pards' obviously not too impressed with Carroll and 3 centre backs it is then:

Newcastle: Krul, Simspon, Coloccini, Taylor, Williamson, Enrique, Barton, Guttierrez, Tiote, Nolan, Ranger.

Ya whaa?

sky going with a strange possible starting XI line-up, 'Pards' obviously not too impressed with Carroll and 3 centre backs it is then:

Newcastle: Krul, Simspon, Coloccini, Taylor, Williamson, Enrique, Barton, Guttierrez, Tiote, Nolan, Ranger.

Carroll being used as an impact sub and:

Either 3 centrebacks with Simpson and Jose doing the wingback bit.

Or Man Citeh type midfield with Colo and Tiote holding

Or perhaps Sky are spouting utter bollox  :lol:

Pardew has already vowed to have an attacking philosophy at St James Park and is heading to Birmingham hoping to net a crucial three points which would take Newcastle to the brink of breaking through the 30-point barrier before the year is out.

wat

Birmingham, City and Tottenham left in 2010, so technically, we could have 30 points before 2011. 8 points from the next 5 would be my target, puts us on 30 in January which is obviously a fantastic position.

I get 3CB's away, just, but not starting Carroll is a bit daft.

Ranger as shown against Liverpool would make a great impact sub, you'd want Carroll on first to soften up their CB's and unsettle them.

I'd hope if it is 3 CB's its only for part of the game then see which one we can take off and go 2 up front for the final 3rd or something.

I get 3CB's away, just, but not starting Carroll is a bit daft.

Ranger as shown against Liverpool would make a great impact sub, you'd want Carroll on first to soften up their CB's and unsettle them.

I'd hope if it is 3 CB's its only for part of the game then see which one we can take off and go 2 up front for the final 3rd or something.

3 centre backs against Birmingham?

They're one of the lowest scoring teams at home in the PL and are struggling to get a result these days.

We should be going out looking for a draw at least and providing more attacking options.

Although I'm sure Sky are talking pish.

Krul

Taylor      Williamson    Coloccini

Simpson                    Tiote                                  Enrique

Barton        Nolan          Gutierrez

Ranger

Lawro reckons we'll get beat 2-1 and that their centrebacks will make life difficult for Carroll. Think he's a bit bitter after watching Carroll dominate his beloved Liverpool.

Some judge from Strictly Come Dancing reckons it'll be a 1-1 draw.

Pardew has already vowed to have an attacking philosophy at St James Park and is heading to Birmingham hoping to net a crucial three points which would take Newcastle to the brink of breaking through the 30-point barrier before the year is out.

wat

Birmingham, City and Tottenham left in 2010, so technically, we could have 30 points before 2011. 8 points from the next 5 would be my target, puts us on 30 in January which is obviously a fantastic position.

That's not even close to what he said though.

wat

That's not even close to what he said though.

Yeah 'on the brink' is a strange choice of words. We'd still be 5 points off 30 with two very tough games, poor journalism. They're crucial points, but crucial because they're points we should pick up.

Id go for this tomorrow although very unlikely to happen

Krul

Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Enrique

Routledge, Barton, Tiote, Jonas

I think their fullbacks are the weak links of the team, we need Routledge and Jonas to run at them. Easier said than done though with them two!

Nolan

Carroll

Id go for this tomorrow although very unlikely to happen

Krul

Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Enrique

Routledge, Barton, Tiote, Jonas

I think their fullbacks are the weak links of the team, we need Routledge and Jonas to run at them. Easier said than done though with them two!

Nolan

Carroll

They can run at them, but generally it's the end product that's lacking with these two.  Keep Barton on the right.  He's the only decent crosser in our team.