Tevez withdraws written transfer request

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

I love how Marcotti's Twitter uses a picture of some handosme looking Italian fella when in reality he's quite a plump and very average looking bloke.

I love how Marcotti's Twitter uses a picture of some handosme looking Italian fella when in reality he's quite a plump and very average looking bloke.

He also seems to be utterly obsessed with Aqualani.

"Since signing for Manchester city, I have enjoyed playing for the supporters. They have welcomed me to the club and I regret that it has come to this.

"They deserve success as reward for their passionate and patient support. The club is very fortunate to have supporters like these. Anybody who has watched me play for Manchester City cannot question my commitment and passion for the club whenever I have worn the shirt.

"However, I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club. Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career. My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable we have reached this situation but It is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through.

"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed. I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them. I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini.

"I could have signed an improved contract, offered by the club during this season; however this decision is not about money. I have made that clear to both the board and the management on several occasions. The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheik Mansour for his understanding and support.

"I want to thank the supporters for making me welcome at Manchester City and hope they agree I have given my all for the club on the pitch."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8197952/Carlos-Tevez-transfer-request-to-leave-Manchester-City-is-not-about-money.html

Carlos Tévez spelled it out in capital letters. “This is not about money,” the striker is understood to have told Manchester City in an email when the club offered him the chance not just to renegotiate his contract but collect a substantial one-off bonus, thought to be about £5 million.

How depressing.

Manchester City will not sell want-away striker Carlos Tevez in January, BBC Sport understands.

The 26-year-old says he wants to leave because his relations with "certain executives" at the Eastlands club have "broken down beyond repair".

But a senior club official described this as "ludicrous and nonsensical".

If Tevez refuses to play or retires, the club will seek compensation for breach of contract from his agent and former 'owner' Kia Joorabchian.

The deal, which has three-and-a-half years to run, is estimated to amount to tens of millions of pounds.

City made the decision not to sell Tevez after talks with club owner Sheikh Mansour.

Probably pay him to go somewhere, like Bellamy.

Manchester City trying to single handedly ruin every single player they get their hands on. As soon as a new transfer window comes, those from previous transfer windows get tossed aside. It's a pathetic way of running a football club.

Their money and their treatment of the players is ruining football.

Manchester City trying to single handedly ruin every single player they get their hands on. As soon as a new transfer window comes, those from previous transfer windows get tossed aside. It's a pathetic way of running a football club.

Their money and their treatment of the players is ruining football.

Surely once the ownership rules come in they can't carry on like this though?