Newcastle 2 - 1 Celta Vigo Post match thoughts

Dave

Canny game that, I enjoyed it.

Milner's cross was top drawer, I'm a big fan. Always leaves his man for dead and sometimes his final ball isn't the best, unlike tonight. So ****? Rather that than Duff who can't beat his man in a month of Sundays and doesn't even bother trying to cross it.

Luque veered from the sublime to the ridiculous. He's got a hell of a cross on him too, but at times his decision making is atrocious. Reminds me of Robert in so many ways, the way he plays is practically a carbon copy (apart from the fact we've not seen him confident and in a good side as we did Robert). I'd be tempted to pick him at left wing on Sunday because I hate to say it as a huge fan of his, but Charlie is having a nightmare.

Solano added to the list of people better at RB than Steven Carr. By my reckoning, the only people we're unsure about are the groundstaff and the tea lady. Sure the waster will get his place back on Sunday anyway though.

word for word

Just one thought for me. Why is Martins starting position on the left, this only limits his effectiveness. He wants to be running onto things from the right, that way he won't have to change feet and cut away from goal to have a shot and more chance to shield the ball. Christ someone needs to show him how to hold on it. When is GR getting his coaching badge?

I think I saw some of worst defending ever tonight by Celta btw. in the second half when Milner broke in at the corner of the penalty box and two or three Celta players slid in to take the ball. Resulted in a corner. Milner didn't do anything, still he got free of the three of them, looked ridiculus :lol:

I think I saw some of worst defending ever tonight by Celta btw. in the second half when Milner broke in at the corner of the penalty box and two or three Celta players slid in to take the ball. Resulted in a corner. Milner didn't do anything, still he got free of the three of them, looked ridiculus :lol:

:lol:

Typical, its not Milner doing good its the OTHERS doing bad  :lol:

What next, the cross wasnt that good, its just that they let him get it in to the box!

For the person who mentioned N'Zogbia having a nightmare, surely it would be better to stick with him rather than chuck him back on the bench. Its getting dropped for Duff what has fucked his confidence. Its not gonna do a lot for him if he is on the bench on Sunday with Duff injured. Put him on the left, stick with him, and he will come good.

What next, the cross wasnt that good, its just that they let him get it in to the box!

I already said the cross was good! Milner can get past his man (though he usually loses the ball anyway) but this time, it was just one of the most ridiculus thing ever :lol:

I already said the cross was good! Milner can get past his man (though he usually loses the ball anyway) but this time, it was just one of the most ridiculus thing ever :lol:

Not really he just beat him with his strength, is it "the most ridiculus thing ever" every time Drogba beats a defender with strength and scores?

Not really he just beat him with his strength, is it "the most ridiculus thing ever" every time Drogba beats a defender with strength and scores?

Yup bluerolleyes.gif

For the person who mentioned N'Zogbia having a nightmare, surely it would be better to stick with him rather than chuck him back on the bench. Its getting dropped for Duff what has fucked his confidence. Its not gonna do a lot for him if he is on the bench on Sunday with Duff injured. Put him on the left, stick with him, and he will come good.

Aye that was me, absolutely agree with you though.

Guest optimistic nit

Typical, its not Milner doing good its the OTHERS doing bad :lol:

jon your seeing gremlins when there aren't any mate. the 2nd and 3rd tacklers just fell in front of him tbh, fuck knows what was going on, and about 20 seconds in a hopeful cross field ball out foxed their whole defence and almost ended with luque scoring.

no chance of winning, can get to the quaters though, a poor performance really.

Luque did good i thought. 3 crosses (1 of them the corner) that, had a 30 year old shearer been in the box instead of a 33 year old sibi would have found the back of the net. ok on the ball as well but was really shy of confidence, didn't know where to pass the ball. if the effort was just to gain jan bidders then fair enough, if not i'd consider another start vs pompey. Great corner. I thought it was mad letting him take them, as if your low on confidence one of the first things to go imo is set pieces. i was stunned by the delivery.

Sibi was overall average i thought. good movement for the goal and some hold up play but still not enough for a new contract imo. wait and see if he builds though.

Milner again class, Zog not so much but he's getting there. going through a purple patch atm. Solano must start at RB next game, as Milner must start as RW next game. Emre was ok, butt less so. ramage poor but then he's not a right back.

Guest optimistic nit

Milner again class, Zog not so much but he's getting there. going through a purple patch atm. Solano must start at RB next game, as Milner must start as RW next game. Emre was ok, butt less so. ramage poor but then he's not a right back.

Or a left back either. :winking:

oh fuck off ;)

you know my inner monologue said left back, so i really don't know how it got lost in translation blueconfused.gif

Does anyone know the rules of this competition? As only Fenebache can get to 9 pts is it goal difference or head to head results that count. If this was CL we'd have won the group.

We have won the group.

(Haven't we?)

Does anyone know the rules of this competition? As only Fenebache can get to 9 pts is it goal difference or head to head results that count. If this was CL we'd have won the group.

We have won the group.

(Haven't we?)

Not yet.

We have won the group.

(Haven't we?)

Not yet.

Fuking Ch5.

Just bin telling me mates we've won the group thanks to them!  :lol:

We have won the group.

(Haven't we?)

Not yet.

Fuking Ch5.

Just bin telling me mates we've won the group thanks to them!  :lol:

just checked the Uefa Cup rules and its GOAL DIFFERENCE used as the first factor in seperating teams on the same points. We need one more point to finish top.

Ridiculous, why don't they have the same rules for UEFA and CL?

just checked the Uefa Cup rules and its GOAL DIFFERENCE used as the first factor in seperating teams on the same points. We need one more point to finish top.

Ridiculous, why don't they have the same rules for UEFA and CL?

Because in the Champions League they play each other home & away so it's fairer if it comes to away goals, whereas say for example we finish level with Eintracht Frankfurt, we finish lower despite a better goal difference just because they beat us 1-0 on their ground.