Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems to be a problem with threads showing as unread even after you've read them.

This isn't happening in the Games section btw, in case that helps.  Is happening in Football & GC.

Football is working fine for me, but GC is still showing unread after viewing.

Not sure where to ask this, but the forum only shows the desktop version on my iPhone now. Before it would default to mobile view, which is much easier to read. Now I have to zoom into really tiny letters to read posts. Any idea how to switch it back to mobile view? Cheers.

Not sure where to ask this, but the forum only shows the desktop version on my iPhone now. Before it would default to mobile view, which is much easier to read. Now I have to zoom into really tiny letters to read posts. Any idea how to switch it back to mobile view? Cheers.

Mobiler version is gone forever.

Wait, what? Are you serious? This would impact my mobile usage significantly, if true.

Wait, what? Are you serious? This would impact my mobile usage significantly, if true.

is the mobile feature unfixable?

It's been permanently removed, sorry.

You can still use the WAP site, which is what I have always used: https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?wap2

You can still use the WAP site, which is what I have always used: https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?wap2

Oh I see, I'll try that. Thanks.

I think most of you all know I disagree. No issue using the main site on mobile devices. (Depending on if your mobile device has a decently sized screen, that is)

I don't really care because I use tapatalk now, but not a single sensible web-standards group would say using the full version of this site on mobile was acceptable. By all means do it, but don't try and claim you're not niche af.

Out of the mobile options, I prefer the (still existent) WAP version anyway. It just needs to be publicized better.

Using the full site drains my battery like f***. Loading up all the avatars, gifs and sigs every page is pretty resource intensive.

I use main site on my mobile. But all sigs are avatars are turned off. It’s he purists form.