Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

Just seen it on Sky, not a chance it will get overturned it's an unprovoked headbutt to the side of Wilshire's head.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez: "Charles N'Zogbia's actions were unforgiveable but we should look at the positives today, not negatives."

Suggests he definitely won't be appealing anyway.

Appeal would only see it extended for wasting (ha!) the FA's time wouldn't it?

Almost certainly.

Hopefully they appeal so that he's out for the derby as well. (or is that outside of 4 games)

eh ? do you know something we don't ?

Just seen it on Sky, not a chance it will get overturned it's an unprovoked headbutt to the side of Wilshire's head.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez: "Charles N'Zogbia's actions were unforgiveable but we should look at the positives today, not negatives."

Suggests he definitely won't be appealing anyway.

Appeal would only see it extended for wasting (ha!) the FA's time wouldn't it?

Almost certainly.

Hopefully they appeal so that he's out for the derby as well. (or is that outside of 4 games)

eh ? do you know something we don't ?

Just a hunch that he'll end up at Mackemville before we play them.

We're going to win this one..  I think the Pardew factor will mean we turn over our share of equal and lesser teams.. but lose to most of the big teams.. opposite to Hughton really.

:harry:

Let me clarify, I'd hate to think I was responsible for your blepharospasm. It appears that we will be playing more direct football under Pardew, this may well leave us more exposed to counters and patient football - such as many of the better teams play so effectively. Alternativley our increased desire to attack may result in beating the poorer teams we've already succumbed to this season. I tried to condense all of this into a rather tongue in cheek observation called the 'Pardew factor' as I've come to realise many people on these boards won't read posts containing more than one sentence, not that I am suggesting for one moment you are one of them. Seriously I'm not. Honestly.. damn it now I have developed a blepharospasm.  :harry: