Who IS in trouble?

QBG

The moment the January transfer window slams shut is when I will attempt to try and put us in one of those groups. League is so tight anything could happen between now and the end of the season. Will be interesting.

Regardless of any debate on windows slamming and shattering  :lol: you are right. No one is definitely down yet, money can be spent and managers can be changed. It's only half time.

We've got 22 points at the moment. Assuming 38 sees us home and dry, thats 16 points from 19 games. Thats 4 wins, 4 draws and 11 losses. Surely we arent that shit?

We've got 6 wins, 4 draws and 9 losses to date, with arguably more difficult fixtures to come in the second half of the season. It's not inconceivable that we fuck this up.

I agree with most of that except how much trouble Everton are in. I know it's a cliche, but they really do have too much quality in their team. They'll finish mid-table at worst. They're in the same boat as Liverpool for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

I have a similar feeling as I did in our relegation season, predicting after the 2-2 at home to Stoke that we'd go down. Likewise I fear for us massively this time and reckon we are going down.  :no:

I agree with most of that except how much trouble Everton are in. I know it's a cliche, but they really do have too much quality in their team. They'll finish mid-table at worst. They're in the same boat as Liverpool for me.

Ferry across the Mersey ?

We've got 22 points at the moment. Assuming 38 sees us home and dry, thats 16 points from 19 games. Thats 4 wins, 4 draws and 11 losses. Surely we arent that shit?

We've got 6 wins, 4 draws and 9 losses to date, with arguably more difficult fixtures to come in the second half of the season. It's not inconceivable that we fuck this up.

And a fanbase waiting to turn.

I'll be in a better position to judge where we are at 10pm on Wednesday night. Huge week for NUFC coming up.  

True. Anything less than 3 points from the 6 on offer and I'd be concerned.

6 = excellent

4 = fairly good

3 = acceptable

2 = worrying

0-1 = very worrying

is how I see it.

The table is very close in the bottom half so I think its hard to say which teams are safe as results have been so indifferent. After the January transfers some teams could hit great form or bring in better quality players.

Birmingham look to be in real danger. Their last league win was at home against Chelsea in November and they have not won an away game all season. They need to invest in a striker as they have no one able to score (Jerome and Ridgewell top scorers on 3).

Wolves form has been indifferent often winning a game then losing the next game. Most of their wins have come at home apart from Liverpool away. They suffer from the same problem as Birmingham as they don't really have a player able to score 10-15 goals a season that can change draws into wins.

West Ham, Wigan and Fulham are the other sides who could be in danger. West Ham have recently hit better form with only 1 loss in their last 5 beating Fulham away recently and in January you could see them spending some money on some more players. Wigan seem to be a team capable of securing a draw, but if they lose N'Zogbia in the transfer window then they lose their creativity. Fulham need to start picking up some points and stop the rot. They have had Zamora out for months, Dembele is no longer scoring as frequently and Andy Johnson doesn't seem the same player after injury troubles. These sides do however have goal difference in the favour as other sides around them have -10 goals plus.

If Newcastle don't buy a player capable of scoring goals (I don't think Best, Ranger, Ameobi or Lovekrands are capable) then we could soon drop down the league. So far Carroll's goals have been getting us results. A lot of those teams near the bottom have been able to get draws and pick up a point, whereas I dont think Newcastle could keep a draw without some investment in a winger and a striker.

Were fuked if we don't win at least one of the next two IMO.

Hopefully Ashley sanctions some cash for pards to strengthen, bad results will only highlight our weaknesses, like said before; relegation doesn't pay the bills. Ashley has to be mindful of that

I'll be in a better position to judge where we are at 10pm on Wednesday night. Huge week for NUFC coming up.  

6 = excellent

4 = fairly good

3 = acceptable

2 = worrying

0-1 = very worrying

is how I see it.

Slightly different for me.

6 - Brilliant - Pardew for life

4 - Alright

3 - Not good enough

2 - Concerning

0/1 - Ridiculously concerning

It might sound too expectant, but 4 points is the acceptable minimum for me - if we come out of this week having lost either game, then we're in trouble and will be down there for the next few months. I expect us to lose tomorrow and grab a 1-1 draw on Wednesday.

6 = excellent

4 = fairly good

3 = acceptable

2 = worrying

0-1 = very worrying

is how I see it.

Slightly different for me.

6 - Brilliant - Pardew for life

4 - Alright

3 - Not good enough

2 - Concerning

0/1 - Ridiculously concerning

It might sound too expectant, but 4 points is the acceptable minimum for me - if we come out of this week having lost either game, then we're in trouble and will be down there for the next few months. I expect us to lose tomorrow and grab a 1-1 draw on Wednesday.

:thup:

Outside the top five, I don't honestly think there's a lot to choose between the teams. With loans and more players becoming available from all over the world, it's probably a lot easier for a smaller top division club to get a decent team together.

A lot will depend on who gets unlucky with injuries in the second half of the season.

in a way, could getting 2 points be better than 3 because at least none them would get closer to us? neither are good enough though.

Yup, if we can't win then we need to make sure we restrict them.