Who IS in trouble?

QBG

I never really thought we were in trouble but the Carroll injury just before we play two relegation rivals has alarm bells ringing. If we don't win at least one of those the confidence in the squad will drop through the floor.

Would put the next 2 games as must not LOSE rather than must win.  In saying that we need to be looking at maximum points in the home games against West Ham, Wolves, West Brom and Birmingham.  I would then expext us to scrape enough points to survive from the games against Sunderland, Everton, Bolton, Fulham, Blackpool, Blackburn and Wigan

Not expecting much from Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Stoke, Liverpool and Spurs

Guest neesy111

Amazing how people think West Ham are good again.  They beat the two teams that were 3 and 1 place above them retrospectively.  We should get 3 points against them.  Hoping for a point at Wigan.

Amazing how people think West Ham are good again.  They beat the two teams that were 3 and 1 place above them retrospectively.  We should get 3 points against them.  Hoping for a point at Wigan.

That's how you stay up.

Everyone from blackburn down is in trouble but really worried about our next few games. Its stating the obvious but the next month is crucial for us and Carroll being out just means that it's most definately brown trousers time.

I'll be in a better position to judge where we are at 10pm on Wednesday night. Huge week for NUFC coming up.  

This - less than 4 points is a problem as it will spur of the sides we are playing and others genuinely in fear of relegation. If we lose both games, we are well and truly in the relegation scrap proper.

This - less than 4 points is a problem as it will spur of the sides we are playing and others genuinely in fear of relegation. If we lose both games, we are well and truly in the relegation scrap proper.

If we lose both we might as well just give up.

I think we'll get a single point from the next two games. We're going to be relying on other teams doing us favours until the end of the season.

Just before the yawnster bumps it, I'm delighted to be proven wrong already. :thup:

I think we'll get a single point from the next two games. We're going to be relying on other teams doing us favours until the end of the season.

Just before the yawnster bumps it, I'm delighted to be proven wrong already. :thup:

:lol:

Everton have survived for a long time without a competent forward, it can only go on for so long IMO. A bit like Liverpool with Gerrard, if anything happens to Cahill they're fooked.

What, like the Asian Cup?

Alarm bells will start ringing if we get twatted tomorrow.

Re: Cahill being away, I'd like to see Bily finally given a chance in a central position. But since he obviously must have nailed Moyes' wife, that won't happen.

Tim'll probably stay for the longest time possible, then lose in the final and while walking off the pitch, fall over a rogue banana skin and be out for the rest of the season.

Australia, I imagine, will get far in the tournament so it could be the whole of this month. Tournament runs from 7th-29th.

I'd like to think it'll be a blessing in disguise, but it'll probably be catastrophic in front of my eyes.

If we're honest, we're a newly promoted team who are inconsistent and unconvincing at times. And we've comfortably defeated Wigan and West Ham, making them look like the relegation fodder they are. It was a decent result for the former this evening, but i think them two are dead certs. They're certainly shit enough to be gone very soon.

What does the point total of the bottom 3 at this point in prior seasons look like?  Usually there always seems to be a bottom feeder like the mackems or Derby to drag down the average you need to survive.  This year, everyone seems to have a respectable point total.  Will that drive up the point total that the 17th place team needs to survive?