Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/01/11 - post match reaction from p39

Dave

Really pleased with the result.  Thought we might regret missing so many chances, but Wigan weren't up to it at all and we were fairly solid.

If we beat West Ham then I'll feel a hell of a lot better about our chances of staying up.  Prior to today I was getting very tetchy.

Guest BooBoo

The sort of game we've usually lost over the years, ie a shith relegation scrapping side with no fans.

An ugly win but we needed it and as such it's a great three points. Pardew and the players deserve credit for digging in and delivering.

Guest neesy111

how many had we travelling today? 5000 sounds a bit steep.

They had 1 stand to themselves. Looked around 5500 tbh.

We ended the game with

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Rout Barton Smith Tiote Jonas

Best

How is that good at all?

Who should we have ended the game with? Messi and Ronaldo on the wings with Andy Carroll up top?

Great win. Against a better side those subs would have cost us mind

:dowie:

Its true...what was the point in bringing smith on? Do that against anyone else you concede possession. Great win all the same

Smith did fine, whats your problem?

how many had we travelling today? 5000 sounds a bit steep.

They had 1 stand to themselves. Looked around 5500 tbh.

Stand holds 5,400 so given the spare seats segregated at the far side I think 5K is a decent estimate. :clap:

We ended the game with

Harper

Best

How is that good at all?

Who should we have ended the game with? Messi and Ronaldo on the wings with Andy Carroll up top?

Hilarious. Exagerate my point and then completely ignore it.

Great win. Against a better side those subs would have cost us mind

:dowie:

Its true...what was the point in bringing smith on? Do that against anyone else you concede possession. Great win all the same

Smith did fine, whats your problem?

I think alan smith is not woth bringing on when your defending a one goal lead as he is a liabilty. Fair point imo

Thank god n'zogbia headbutted Wilshere and he went down like he'd been shot.We wouldn't have won with him playing for them.They are a one man team.

Maybe a bit harsh on Cleverly who looks like one of their only threats.

We ended the game with

Harper

Best

How is that good at all?

What was the problem?

Lovenkrands wasn't contributing anything in that second half and Routledge's pace and ability to knock it past the defender against a side that didn't have a left back at that particular time was a good move imo. Really spread the defense and left Wayne to deal with one of their slower CB's and he was able to expose that time and time again. Of course he couldn't do anything afterwards.

Shola can't last 90 minutes. I was surprised with Best instead of Ranger but Leon contributed everything Ranger does in his sub appearances.

Smith - Nolan and Barton both looked fagged at the 80 minute mark. Needed Smith to come on to shore things up as well.

Guest BooBoo

Our final tactical line up was perfectly acceptable and understandable given we were away from home holding a one goal lead.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but this is our seventh win, which is how many we had at the end of our relegation season. Good day all around.

Haven't read it - good info, that. :thup: